The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Verminlord said:

Repost from another thread but, saves seem to be going up in general, along with easier access to +1 to save buffs. I think all the MW give an answer to many of the 2+ save units -especially for armies that have little access to rend. I imagine Kruleboyz will be one of those armies with little rend btw. They are the cunnin orruks, not the big bulky ones.

Hard to say if all the MW will be a problem, but I can see some logic behind it.

I’d much prefer higher rend and less MW’s. Why do they even put better saves in the game if they’re just going to give everyone buckets of MW’s?

Let’s make a really tough unit! Ah damn, he’s tough! Let’s pack mortal wounds on everything so it dies as quick as everything else! Cool, next army!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Tiberius501 said:

I’d much prefer higher rend and less MW’s. Why do they even put better saves in the game if they’re just going to give everyone buckets of MW’s?

Let’s make a really tough unit! Ah damn, he’s tough! Let’s pack mortal wounds on everything so it dies as quick as everything else! Cool, next army!

I agree with you, seems arbitrary, but I do think I see their frame of mind. It will also speed up games for what it's worth.

I do think the poison could have just as easily granted rend instead of MW

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Backbreaker said:

I didn't play Big Waaaght recently, but buff can be apply on every orruk when played like that, right?

Assuming I've been playing it right, I think Big Waaagh (currently at least) gives a new separate set of allegiance abilities that affect all units with the Orruk keyword. Units inside that can have abilities that only affect their warclan keyword.  Eg. a Wardokk's avilities only affect Bonesplitterz, even in a Big Waaagh force. 

Will need to wait to see how the rest of the rules work to see if it's going to have an impact. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Verminlord said:

I agree with you, seems arbitrary, but I do think I see their frame of mind. It will also speed up games for what it's worth.

I do think the poison could have just as easily granted rend instead of MW

It feels like AoS needs something inbetween rend and MW if they are gonna keep power creeping armies.

Kinda weird that 20 swamp gobbos could chew with some buffs through like 40% of Kragnos HP with MWs.....

8 minutes ago, Feii said:

It feels like AoS needs something inbetween rend and MW if they are gonna keep power creeping armies.

Kinda weird that 20 swamp gobbos could chew with some buffs through like 40% of Kragnos HP with MWs.....

Tbf, it looks like the MWs are only for orruks. I imagine the hobgrots will not have the orruk keyword

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Verminlord said:

Tbf, it looks like the MWs are only for orruks. I imagine the hobgrots will not have the orruk keyword

they seem like an AOS version of the Sneaky Stabbas, I would not be surprised at all if the hobgrots have their own MW trait/ability and not like a -2 rend to their weapon profile

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

This promises a kolossal mess at 10am june 19th... For indomitus, most sellers (including GW) had their web site shut down because of simili DOS attaks...(in fact, people trying to order)

10am which timezone? I didn't think they confirmed a time for us, only given the day itself

27 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

10am which timezone? I didn't think they confirmed a time for us, only given the day itself

21 minutes ago, SpiritofHokuto said:

I think it's 10AM for each relevant timezone. At least pre-orders in the UK usually go up at 10AM GMT. 

20 minutes ago, lare2 said:

Preorders are always 10am in the UK.

I think he's likely asking for the USA, which has multiple timezones, but only a single GW webstore.

Edit: After some digging, I *think* it's 1 PM Eastern, Noon Central, 10 AM Pacific.

Edited by EnumaEilish
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

This promises a kolossal mess at 10am june 19th... For indomitus, most sellers (including GW) had their web site shut down because of simili DOS attaks...(in fact, people trying to order)

At least one UK retailer is taking a register of interest. 

40 minutes ago, Feii said:

Agreed. Maybe an in between would be something like if it "Hits" then you do not need to make a Wound roll, you go straight to Armor Saves. It will be interesting to see what AoS 3.0 looks like, it was already mentioned but saves are getting better but so are mortal wounds which kind of makes the whole armor save redundant. I do like the push for more elite units with the Heroic Actions and Monstrous Rampage and with the new coherency maybe we will see less hordes. We've seen hints at "defensible terrain", I really hope terrain get a nice make over to be more meaningful / impactful in the game.

47 minutes ago, Feii said:

Hot take: AoS doesn't have nearly as much power creep as people tend to claim. If you look at winrates, there is surprisingly little correlation between how new a book is and how effective it is - that said, there are obvous exceptions to this (Gloomspite, Nighthaunt, Stormcast, which at least have 40%+ winrates)

Another hot take: The game is better *with* mortal wounds than without them, and having MW represent "non-physical" damage (i.e. magic, poisons, etc) that isn't mitigated by armor is in fact very fluffy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The new artwork is amazing and the command abilities look great. I am excited to see this articles for the older armies and try and glean insight for more speculation.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/08/discover-how-command-abilities-are-the-key-to-success-with-the-orruk-warclans-in-the-new-edition/

Fantastic new banner art, I wonder if we will get updated art for some older armies?
PVyLVbN2mw4poJy0.jpg

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Feii said:

I think we already get ward saves (invulnerable saves from 40k) from bless?

1 hour ago, Tiberius501 said:

In theory, that could be the rock-paper-scissors of AoS: High damage beats hordes, high armour beats high damage, high rend and mortals beat high armour, hordes beat high rend and mortals. But there need to be a bit of restraint with this, because after a certain threshold, mortals just beat everything.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

My thoughts exactly 🤣

those sweet sweet 15 Blood Stalkers shooting anything that charges within 9“ 👌🏻
I hope everyone likes shooting 😅

I'm a relatively new Daughters Player and I'm kindof hoping they get toned back slightly, somehow. 

The second line  Blood Stalkers just murdering... everything... shooting how many times a round?... is just brutal.  

Just now, KrispyXIV said:

I'm a relatively new Daughters Player and I'm kindof hoping they get toned back slightly, somehow. 

The second line  Blood Stalkers just murdering... everything... shooting how many times a round?... is just brutal.  

That goes for a lot of archers though:

10-20 Lumineth Sentinels will hurt 

10 Iron Drakes will hurt

10 Sisters of the Watch...

a Ironclad...

The ability is too good tbh. Shooting didn‘t need another benefit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

That goes for a lot of archers though:

10-20 Lumineth Sentinels will hurt 

10 Iron Drakes will hurt

10 Sisters of the Watch...

a Ironclad...

all the units that don't cause MW on hit rolls are at least hurt by the -1 to hit...