The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I don't know if this is leaked or not:

IMG-20210524-WA0000.jpg

Honestly, a surprisingly few amount of models for these? Like what is in the skaven box?? Drycha's is very obviously 10 revenants and Drycha but I'm having a hard time seeing what is in the others

2 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

Honestly, a surprisingly few amount of models for these? Like what is in the skaven box?? Drycha's is very obviously 10 revenants and Drycha but I'm having a hard time seeing what is in the others

Dream for Slaanesh is 

Contorted Epitome

3 fiends

5 Exalted Seekers 

No clue on the others

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bruteforce said:

Couldn't agree more. Where are the destruction boxes?

Shame isnt it? Then again 3.0 is supposed to be our Edition so if it means no BR boxes in favours of every Faction getting massive waves of models I'll take it!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pixieproxy said:

Guessing for fun for the Skaven: engineer, warplightning cannon, 3 stormfiends

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Jator said:

To be fair, the regular hobgoblins, the ones in the chorf army, didn't have those faces at all, and I think those are the ones everyone misses, not the unfortute mercenary unit (never liked it).

Yeah, hobgoblins have a weird development history in WHFB. Started as slightly better blacksmiths than other greenskins, then became vaguely eastern goblins, then the Hobgobla Khan is mentioned, then a sharp swerve into the phrygian-capped Chaos Dwarf lackeys and infantry backstabbers, then another sharp swerve back even further into the Mongol concept they had before but with added mercenary flavour.

In 2005 WFRP 2e made an attempt to blend the different approaches, with the various hobgoblin khanates serving the chaos dwarf empire as auxiliaries and scouts, and gave us the toned-down look below. Apart from a brief mention in the Warhammer Forge Tamurkhan campaign book, nothing was really done with it any further.

233536ce5a21cf648e2c03bf7dff24ef.jpg

Edited by sandlemad
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

I can only assume that skaven box will contain 3 stormfiends, bombardier and doomwheel.

Beastmen box could include 6 bulls, shaman and cygor

For slaanesh it's probably 3 fiends/slaangors plus 5 seekers

Edited by cofaxest
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pseudonyme said:

Yeah, the official colour scheme lacks contrast in my opinion. If I were to paint him, I guess I would try to replicate FF VIII ‘s Ifrit which more or less Kragnos with a darker skin tone

Yea this sounds sweet, I’m going for more like a lynel, keeping red hair but going for dark grey fur with a few black stripes, give him a more sinister look, and painting his ornaments with colours of different destruction factions to help blend him into any army

4 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I don't know if this is leaked or not:

IMG-20210524-WA0000.jpg

Quite low model counts, so I'm assuming something like
Skaven:Bombardier, Doomwheel, stormfiend
Sylvaneth: Drycha Hamadreth, Dryads
Beastmen: Bullgors, shamen- perhaps then they are going to push more Tzaangor kits. Odd model count of this one when most of their plastics are sets of 10s or 3s. 
Slaanesh: not sure about this one as if the Epitome on the front, that's already a fairly pricey kit for one of these sets and would leave 8 other models still. Anything like Painbringers would make it either incredibly expensive (as you'd still need another set of 3 models to add)

Still. A lot of sets for armies I collect and that have potential for kits I've not gotten around to buying/buying more of yet. I'd love it as if the Painbringers as I've been meaning to get a box of them and don't have the Epitome yet. I want the paintbringers for parts to carry on with more of the Slaanesh-cast models I started converting a while back.

12 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Shame isnt it? Then again 3.0 is supposed to be our Edition so if it means no BR boxes in favours of every Faction getting massive waves of models I'll take it!!

I think the issue is it’s really going to be rules for kragnos only, and maybe a fancy warscroll battalion, same happened in psychic awakening with necrons, they only got szeras and his data sheet, that’s it. It’s because he will most likely be in the first battle tome for destruction since he seems to be nagash, but will have a rule in BR saying he can go in any army with destruction keyword most likely 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deakz28 said:

I think the issue is it’s really going to be rules for kragnos only, and maybe a fancy warscroll battalion, same happened in psychic awakening with necrons, they only got szeras and his data sheet, that’s it. It’s because he will most likely be in the first battle tome for destruction since he seems to be nagash, but will have a rule in BR saying he can go in any army with destruction keyword most likely 

I’m hoping the reason Destruction don’t get any battalion boxes is we get an updated destruction soup army where you take Kragnos as the general like the Belakor one.

• LOVE IT! 2

3 minutes ago, GutrotSpume said:

I’m hoping the reason Destruction don’t get any battalion boxes is we get an updated destruction soup army where you take Kragnos as the general like the Belakor one.

Definitely see this happening! Unfortunately reviews come out before I get hands on store copy, so watching them will be first place for answers 

18 minutes ago, GutrotSpume said:

I'm hoping it's because they're updating a lot of models!! Ogors for one.

46 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

Engineer, Doomwheel and all three variants of Skryre acolyte.

5 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Engineer, Doomwheel and all three variants of Skryre acolyte.

3 Stormvermin. 

It's like a bit worse half from the FEC vs Skryre box we had some years ago. Depending on the price point it may still be a good deal.

Khorne is btw the only Chaos deity to not receive any love in BR :(