The Rumour Thread

I really do like Kragnos, especially as a God of Earthquakes - like a uniting primal being. I'm almost glad he's not an ork or goblin as that would take some of the mystery away from his past. 

On the other hand, I really feel sorry for BoC players. Not only do Destruction get nicer beast people models, but they didn't get any update or mention in Broken Realms (unless there's more to know for the new book).

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Aleser said:

Wild hydra appears, maybe just as ally with stomrcast as a part of cities range.

Seems like a very random unit to include in the photo. Why show only a hydra/kharibdyss and not a single other Cities of Sigmar unit?

Is Excelsis known for its use of hydras? Is it supposed to indicate Morathi being involved in the battle?

It doesn't seem to be fighting alongside either army...

Just now, Whitefang said:

The Lord Kroak announce trailer made it clear

Seems I was on the right track!

Im not sure the Kroak trailer "confirmed" anything but it certainly alluded to an alliance between Kroak and Morathi. BR: Belakor confirmed Kroak has a vested intest in the battle of Excelsis and today we learned Kragnos was trapped by Kroak eons ago.

"That which we cannot kill, we must redirect" I wonder what Morathi meant by this

1 hour ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

I can't say I'm surprised but I'm really disappointed that this review was probably the final nail in the coffin for Cursed City. There's no way Radukar the Beast wasn't originally supposed to be an expansion.

Dont think this holds up.

If they're not in the SGL book I would agree it's highly suspect, but they almost certainly will be. In which case they're not going to have frantically reprinted the book and added several expansions worth of lore in the space of a fortnight.

Most likely explanation for me:

Prior to pandemic CC was intended for Halloween release, with SGL to come a few months later. CC would serve as promo for new faction and a sort of narrative palette cleanser before BR kicked off.

Ulfenkarn was intended as the new Sylvania, a pivotal location within the lore going forward. I expect much of SHL still to coalesce around this. Especially with Nagashs fall, there needs to be a new locus for Death's narrative. 

CC fell foul of production issues and a hostile international shipping clinate but had to get CC released asap to recoup what it could.

SGL had to get released much closer to CC and BR than intended due to the delays of 2020.

This means that the lore around Ulfenkarn looks exclusively CC related as it's basically new to us,  but CC was only ever intended to introduce it as a place, not keep it in a vacuum as with Shadespire, for example.

It completely makes sense, for example, that Radukar the Beast is a lord in an *army* sized game, but in a skirmish simulation of 4 dudes hes just like a buff Cossack 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

To be honest while I wish BoC would get something part of me is a bit glad Kragnos wasn't it, his face reveal made me think he might be a beastman but his overall aesthetic just doesn't quite match what we already have. And wouldn't have liked BoC going to Destruction.

Here's hoping they get something other than repurposed marked gors though. They were a missed opportunity in WHFB, and AOS has the chance to remedy that.

• LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

I wonder if beasts could get both chaos and destruction keywords in the next edition.

I like the enthusiasm but they didn't even throw us a bone with the hand-me-down Slaangor, who don't have the brayherd keyword.