The Rumour Thread

They're really building up 'everything will change' and BR Kragnos being the culmination of the BR storyline.

I'm calling: Azyr gets busted into, but Chaos also gets a massive smackdown from this 'god' of Destruction, putting Destruction in the ascendancy and both Order and Chaos on the narrative backfoot for an edition (Azyr and Eightpoints both vulnerable)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Overread said:

Centaur Vampire - my capacity to resist vampires is weakening significantly now 

BOC gets centaur

Legions of Azarag gets a centaur 

Sylvaneth gets a centaur 

Soulblight gets a centaur

Destruction gets a massive centaur

Woooo Everyone gets a centaur!!!

AOS design team:

X faction needs a new unit 

What would you think of maybe...a centaur?

I LOVE IT

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great preview... but really, really sad. Kragnos didn't turn out to be Kurnothi nor Beastmen. He's just a Be'lakor of Destruction basically, not a leader of a new faction. 

What really bothers me it's that he is a centaur. Kurnothi warband has a centaur as well. Now I'm afraid that Kurnothi warband was just a one time thing. 

As for the Gravelords I think I will pass. I was most excited about the zombies, and all that really is new for them is this unit of zombies. I don't like dogs or hounds so no for zombie dogs really. I had hope for some zombie heroes, new corpse cart, maybe zombie behemoth. Same with Skellies. All the spotlight goes to strange (some are cool) vampire heroes. 

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

I can't say I'm surprised but I'm really disappointed that this review was probably the final nail in the coffin for Cursed City. There's no way Radukar the Beast wasn't originally supposed to be an expansion.

I don't know why people keep saying this.

The Beast model is flat-out just too big to even function in Cursed City's ruleset and tiles. It seems fairly clear to me that they always intended to have various miniatures in the SBG release that built off Cursed City's lore, but there's no evidence whatsoever that the Beast was meant to be an expansion for CC.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

The Beast model is flat-out just too big to even function in Cursed City's ruleset and tiles. It seems fairly clear to me that they always intended to have various miniatures in the SBG release that built off Cursed City's lore, but there's no evidence whatsoever that the Beast was meant to be an expansion for CC.

The Dreaded Ambull was this size. I don't see why it couldn't work. Expansion could have come with board tiles or modified rules as well to facilitate.

Edited by Nighthaunt Noob

1 minute ago, Acrozatarim said:

i think the New Witch hunters may have been for CC and they would have played similar to the Ratling twins in BSF

1 minute ago, novakai said:

i mean your asking question that won't be answer until the book comes out

It was more rhetorical, For Kragnos to lead Gordrakk(who has been building the army) has to step aside for some reason. So either he has to bow of his own volition or Kragnos has to overpower him. I don't see Gordrakk bowing without some ham-fisted writing because they want Destruction to have its own Archaon.

Either Gordrakk acts out of character, or gets jobbed after being built up, those are the only outcomes.

I don't hate that Kragnos exists, or that he's destruction, the model is awesome, but the context around his introduction to Destruction necessitates sloppy writing around Gordrakk. Every other destruction faction and character falling in line makes sense, except the guy currently leading the army that Kragnos is going to be leading during the siege of excelsis.

The plot has immediately swerved from "Gordrakk's siege of excelsis" to "Kragnos' siege of excelsis".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

What a huge chonker. He looks real cool, though I bet this means Gordrakk is going to get rocked at the start of this book. He isn't the kind of lad to share command of a Waaagh, as Skragrott knows.

He doesn't really fit any part of Destruction's aesthetic. I love the narrative beat of a god who lost his children, but there's a severe lack of horses and well-crafted gear in destruction. Like I don't see my Gitz or Orruks marching behind this big Bronze Age beastie. I wonder if this is temporarily for everyone (like the fungoid shaman in Malign Portents before Gloomspite's reveal) or if he will be like Nagash for destruction and be around permanently.

4 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

It was more rhetorical, For Kragnos to lead Gordrakk(who has been building the army) has to step aside for some reason. So either he has to bow of his own volition or Kragnos has to overpower him. I don't see Gordrakk bowing without some ham-fisted writing because they want Destruction to have its own Archaon.

Either Gordrakk acts out of character, or gets jobbed after being built up, those are the only outcomes.

I don't hate that Kragnos exists, or that he's destruction, the model is awesome, but the context around his introduction to Destruction necessitates sloppy writing around Gordrakk. Every other destruction faction and character falling in line makes sense, except the guy currently leading the army that Kragnos is going to be leading during the siege of excelsis.

The plot has immediately swerved from "Gordrakk's siege of excelsis" to "Kragnos' siege of excelsis".

Gordrakk can be easily killed, his model can still be used as a megaboss with alternative head/weapons. His lore was basically "he appeared and he's very strong", so it doesn't seem the biggest loss to me. 

Edited by Jator
  • Like 1