The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Kronos said:

Ok - Old Dain is on point.

Makes me really excited to see some more clothed Dwarfs with shields and beards, and armour and with some Norse vibes. 

0CC30EB7-70E8-46BF-AF8A-071066B4F401.png

I think this is likely a silly question as there is not much in terms of answers but do we know the aesthetic that will likely be taken by a Grimnir styled Duardin faction? Will it be like the current Dispossessed or something that is more easily trademarked or do we simply not know?

I am aware that there are certain Duardin depictions on Gloomspite models and the like but do they indicate any specific aesthetic direction for the army. I feel like there are concept artists working on it currently but I am honestly unsure of the direction they would be taken beyond what we have/had. I have heard a lot of talk about cogwork beings and golems but I have seen people debate whether or not that would be connected to a Duardin release... I still feel fairly confident that the next edition will have a heavy focus on Duardin and Humans defending Azyr against the Forces of Destruction so any info would be much appreciated.  

This is my round about way of saying give us these models! 😋

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I think this is likely a silly question as there is not much in terms of answers but do we know the aesthetic that will likely be taken by a Grimnir styled Duardin faction? Will it be like the current Dispossessed or something that is more easily trademarked or do we simply not know?

I am aware that there are certain Duardin depictions on Gloomspite models and the like but do they indicate any specific aesthetic direction for the army. I feel like there are concept artists working on it currently but I am honestly unsure of the direction they would be taken beyond what we have/had. I have heard a lot of talk about cogwork beings and golems but I have seen people debate whether or not that would be connected to a Duardin release... I still feel fairly confident that the next edition will have a heavy focus on Duardin and Humans defending Azyr against the Forces of Destruction so any info would be much appreciated.  

We dont know anything and what may be is anyone's guess. 

I'm hoping if there is a another dwarf army, that it is something a diffrent to the traditional dwarves. I know there are a lot of fans of the warhammer dwarves but let's see something new of a twist on them. 

Give us dwarves in steam and cog powered battlesuits, dwarves using harnesses with mechanical arms likes Doctor Octopus, give us mounted dwarves. Give us something new and exciting. 

I know it's not to everyone's taste but I think it's one of the most exciting things about AoS. We're seeing new takes on old fantasy troupes

Who'd have thought we would ever see high elves riding tree running kangaroos? 

I'm excited to see what's coming out. 

Bring it on!!! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

This is the first time I can say I actually dont like a model. That face is damn ugly. Looks like shes giving me duck lips or blowing me a kiss.

7ndLYgV9HmZiU0p8.jpg

Not the best face GW made, but it is interesting that if we would remove the Backpack she could be some sort of Paladin/Priest next to some of the Cursed City Models or in a City of Sigmar.

• Like 2

Somewhat divided about a possible new dwarf look. I like traditional looks in general, but on the other hand those Lotr dwarves seem soooo bland. Another lotr trend I hate is to give them more humanlike proportions.

If I had a wish, I’d love something in the line of the gun crews of the FW Azgorh legion: Babylonians, some heavily armored, some less so. Very dwarven, but with a slight cultural twist to set them apart from that little Viking look. 

Just now, Bayul said:

How?

I assume Kragnos is a Destruction guy and that there will be new Destruction models when BR: Kragnos gets released. I don't know if those will come in the form of a new faction or a new models for an existing faction, but I think it's a fairly safe bet that there will be something.

I think this net with those heavy iron weights looks like it could be related to these rough iron weapons:

2020-10-27.jpg

2020-11-03.jpg

2020-11-17.jpg

They seem like they are on a similar tech level.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@Neil Arthur Hotep also the flag with the aelf and ogor heads ?

BTW, rumor time : a good source hinted that Soulblight Gravelords may be the last Battletome from 2nd edition, i.e. the first battletome written with the new edition in mind. Said edition coming this summer (July, according to Grimdark Live - NB : all Battletome stay valid under the new edition).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Yeah, that goes with the other stuff, too:

2021-02-09.jpg

Also maybe this:

2021-03-23.jpg

It looks similar to the weights on the net, but not as similar to the other weapons.

3 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

BTW, rumor time : a good source hinted that Soulblight Gravelords may be the last Battletome from 2nd edition, i.e. the first battletome written with the new edition in mind. Said edition coming this summer (July, according to Grimdark Live - NB : all Battletome stay valid under the new edition).

That seems pretty believable to me. It looks like BR: Be'lakor and Kragnos will come in quicker succession than Morathi and Teclis, and it's harder to imagine that there will be Battletome releases in between them. Now that the Soul Wars are officially over, it makes sense that the next edition would come sooner rather than later.

Come to think of it, though, wasn't Legions of Nagash the last book of first edition, too? Let's hope that the Gravelords tome holds up a bit better over the course of 3.0.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I think that's almost a given at this point. 

GW said the gravelords are being released roughly the same time as cursed city. 

9th edition 40k wasn't moved due to covid and I can't see 3rd Ed AoS being moved especially as (fingers crossed) shops should be opening here in the UK very soon. 

Just now, SorryLizard said:

What reason did they give for believing the July date?

What sounds reasonable is not a good measure of what GW will actually do.

New editions are always released at the beginning of the summer. 

36 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I assume Kragnos is a Destruction guy and that there will be new Destruction models when BR: Kragnos gets released. I don't know if those will come in the form of a new faction or a new models for an existing faction, but I think it's a fairly safe bet that there will be something.

I think this net with those heavy iron weights looks like it could be related to these rough iron weapons:

2020-10-27.jpg

2020-11-03.jpg

2020-11-17.jpg

They seem like they are on a similar tech level.

20 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Yeah, that goes with the other stuff, too:

2021-02-09.jpg

Also maybe this:

2021-03-23.jpg

It looks similar to the weights on the net, but not as similar to the other weapons.

That seems pretty believable to me. It looks like BR: Be'lakor and Kragnos will come in quicker succession than Morathi and Teclis, and it's harder to imagine that there will be Battletome releases in between them. Now that the Soul Wars are officially over, it makes sense that the next edition would come sooner rather than later.

Come to think of it, though, wasn't Legions of Nagash the last book of first edition, too? Let's hope that the Gravelords tome holds up a bit better over the course of 3.0.

Part of me sees new models for Ogors, hunters and trappers perhaps otherwise it must be for Kragnos and his Ogroid people. Dying on the hill!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Part of me sees new models for Ogors, hunters and trappers perhaps otherwise it must be for Kragnos and his Ogroid people. Dying on the hill!!

I am thinking these are going to be part of the 3.0 starter destruction army... not sure if that be ogors, ogroids, warclans or something completely new.

• Like 2