The Rumour Thread

22 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Sounds to me like it’s deliberately meant to be ambivalent as to whether this figure is a vampire or shadow-elf-thing. GW dangling the hints with some misdirection, keep folks guessing.

And this is partly why AoS is really great lore wise... it could quite conceivably be at least 4 or 5 different things and at this point all would make a reasonable guess.

For me:

Winged creature + dead ship + character linked with vampires + the city of Anvilguard being linked with piracy and other general skulduggery + recent rumor engines = VAMPIRATES

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Doko said:

Malekith in the book of end of times fused with his dragon seraphon(i know people think is fake but they havent read the book then).

When he was almost dead at his last moments alarielle fused his dragon with him to save his life so now he have that image that was posted,bcause he is half dragon half human now

It is fake. It came from the 1d4chan article. I talked to the guy who wrote it and he said “I naturally assumed it from the picture we were given on him”.  He absolutely did not fuse with Seraphon though, I have all of the end time books including end times Khaine. It legitimately did not happen. 

• Thanks 6

I know that Malerion/Malekith art, but that wings seems to be draconic and not bat-wings, no?

But yes, is GW. They wanted to make us discuss between Umbraneth and Soulblight. Maybe they´re vampirates (the dead ship, Anvilgard...), maybe not.

Or maybe we get some vampirates and the old vampire counts together. Soulblight and Umbraneth are going to be here some day, so... I cannot wait for the next preview!

2 hours ago, El Antiguo Guardián said:

"Far above , clinging to the spar of a bladed tower, was a figure wreathed in shadow. He could see the creatures eyes, pinpricks of crimson light, boring into him.
He caught the impression of a pair of bat like wings unfurling, and there was a sudden rush of air. In an instant the thing was gone, leaving Ven Brecht alone on a dead ship."

Maybe vampires? Ven Brecht have +1 to hit VAMPIRES, and his bloodline fails to the Curse of the Vampire. Maybe some agents of Neferata that are on the Cities and Sigmar and didn´t want the political changes of the dark elves?

So given increased discussion of Shadow Aelves, I thought that maybe that's all that this quote was referencing. However, when I heard that Ven Brecht had a bonus to hit Vampires I thought that was VERY interesting. Of course it could just be a little lore bit tossed in. However, given all of the rumor engines pointing at a Death faction and some looking Vampire-ish I think there is a very good chance we see some new Vampire faction, which would make me super happy.

• Like 1

Guys.

"Umbraneth" is a ***** fake.

Malekith did not fuse with his dragon. 

Umbraneth was also a 4chan scam. Khainite Shadowlstalker were always linked to Morathi, even BEFORE the WarCom page announcing the pre order. (Of course we'll get a Malerion faction, maybe ending in "-eth", but it won't include Shadowstalkers, as they are 100% Morathi faction).

Also @Doko, as @Lord Veshnakar explained, Alarielle did nothing. The rift destroyed Seraphon.

1862864982_MalekithHisDragon.png.fdb350fb0210bc6ada57f9b3a76a40fa.png

--

In BR:Morathi, it's either a Vampire or Be'lakor helping that Stormcast Lord.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

23 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I am fairly certain that Malerion is a Vampirate-Demon Prince-Dragon-Primarch-Kung Fu Master from beyond the moon! I will declare every unknown character, rumour engine, endless spell or terrain piece to be Malerion until he is released officially and I realize I cannot afford his army!

Prove me wrong GW, your move!

(Little do they know that I will then start declaring everything Grungni)

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Umbraneth was also a 4chan scam. Khainite Shadowlstalker were always linked to Morathi, even BEFORE the WarCom page announcing the pre order. (Of course we'll get a Malerion faction, maybe ending in "-eth", but it won't include Shadowstalkers, as they are 100% Morathi faction).

Shadowstalkers are Morathi's faction, that's true. But in that article there was really word "Umbraneth" before correction.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, michu said:

Shadowstalkers are Morathi's faction, that's true. But in that article there was really word "Umbraneth" before correction.

No, I  was F5ing the page to see the PreOrder, they never had the "Umbraneth" mention. 

It was a guy on 4chan who edited the page the same night and took a picture of the screen. The same narrative comes back regularly on /aosg/.

And the whole "Umbraneth" thing was that it was meant to be Malerion's faction, which it isn't. And Daughters Of Khaine won't be changing name. 

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

oh so we been bamboozaled,

well TBF Umbraneath did sound a bit too on the nose, even for GW's naming convention it seem a bit too convenient.

32 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

well if it is Be'lakor i don't think he there to help Von Brecht, probably there to torture him for eternity to find out information

though i am leaning more into Vampire because of the tiny background info we get on Von Brecht even if it could be a misdirect.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Gutlord said:

I loved the aos solo missions, the quest to slay the troggoth king was really enjoyable during lockdown......although I still had my son roll for the troggoths so it didnt feel completely solo 😄

As a new player without anyone that I have been able to convince to play AoS as well yet, I am really looking forward for this. 

I just wonder if these will be missions that you will be able to play with any army or only with specific ones - same for the „NPC“...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Allusion said:

As a new player without anyone that I have been able to convince to play AoS as well yet, I am really looking forward for this. 

I just wonder if these will be missions that you will be able to play with any army or only with specific ones - same for the „NPC“...

Welcome @Allusion,

I was wondering the same thing and I actually really hope that they publish a stand alone ruleset for solo-play outside of the confines of white dwarf. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I am fairly certain that Malerion is a Vampirate-Demon Prince-Dragon-Primarch-Kung Fu Master from beyond the moon! I will declare every unknown character, rumour engine, endless spell or terrain piece to be Malerion until he is released officially and I realize I cannot afford his army!

Prove me wrong GW, your move!

(Little do they know that I will then start declaring everything Grungni)

It's easy. For unknown entities:

If it's male: it's Taal.

If it's female: it's Valaya.

If it's Greenskins: Grom or Pumpwagons.

If it's a group: Halflings or Order human new sets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Jefferson Skarsnik said:

For anyone else wondering, BloodBowl Reddit says local game store lists are saying the new season box will release 27th Nov, £85, €105, US$140. Not sure if that's RRP, but not bad at all I don't think, given the star players and big guys being included

If that is RRP then it's an absolute bargain!! £85 for 2 teams, 2 big guys, 2 star players and the actual game. 

Gimme gimme gimme!! 

• Like 1

Just now, Ogregut said:

If that is RRP then it's an absolute bargain!! £85 for 2 teams, 2 big guys, 2 star players and the actual game. 

Gimme gimme gimme!! 

I would also be quite tempted.

Enough humans for a Warcry team, a few orcs and some big guys. And a game for which I already have a third team (no that I'm going to keep the rules up, but still).

The Halloween team also looks wonderfully goofy.

6 hours ago, silverstu said:

Thats a brilliant mini- I've liked both Zoat sculpts and they would make an interesting expansion of Destruction forces. 

Zoats way back in 3rd ed Fantasy were woodland creatures and Wood Elf Allies,  It feels odd to think of them as part of the destruction faction.  It's been a long time, though, so maybe they've changed; become less philosophical and more brutal perhaps.

• LOVE IT! 1

On 11/7/2020 at 11:50 AM, Matrindur said:

RVwymYyqfUEmmVcM-560x360.jpg

This image of the coins you can get in Warhammer stores was on the storefinder website so it seems the next free minis will be Slannesh and Death Guard? (Death Guard could be the Sorcerer which was originally part of the SM Heroes Series 3 but wasn't released with them today, no idea about slannesh thought maybe just some Deamonettes?)

This thread moves way too quickly to keep up with so I don't know if it was mentioned, but this basically confirms the mortal slaanesh release for early 2021. These coins (and the free models) are going to coincide with releases for that month. We know death guard is coming in december, so that means the hedonites coin is probably january's coin.
Free model will probably be a daemonette or whatever marauder equivalent slaanesh ends up with.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

This thread moves way too quickly to keep up with so I don't know if it was mentioned, but this basically confirms the mortal slaanesh release for early 2021. These coins (and the free models) are going to coincide with releases for that month. We know death guard is coming in december, so that means the hedonites coin is probably january's coin.
Free model will probably be a daemonette or whatever marauder equivalent slaanesh ends up with.

Agreed, and I suspect the Broken Realms book in Janurary will be Borken Realms: Slaanesh. Now the question is, will there be a Broken Realms book in December or are they going to release the BR books every other month?

Just now, BaylorCorvette said:

Agreed, and I suspect the Broken Realms book in Janurary will be Borken Realms: Slaanesh. Now the question is, will there be a Broken Realms book in December or are they going to release the BR books every other month?

Chances of a december one are quite low I think, we're getting another dual 40k codex release, and direchasm which will probably release on the 5th and 12. That leaves the 19th and 26th but those typically aren't great days for sales and GW usually misses a week or two around christmas. we might see something else in december but I doubt it will be broken realms.

We'll need to wait and see if this is going to be monthly or bimonthly after that though, monthly would set us up for 3.0 in june or july so probably monthly.

Hopefully 3.0 is just minor updates and a new starter set though, the current rules are good and most players seem to agree, most of the stuff out of whack is from the battletomes, not the core rules.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Hopefully 3.0 is just minor updates and a new starter set though, the current rules are good and most players seem to agree, most of the stuff out of whack is from the battletomes, not the core rules.

People seem really happy with the game right now. I hope that it is just a tightening or refining of specific rules and the introduction of some new styles of play. My sample size being of course fairly limited. 

Edited by Neverchosen

Only thing I want in 3.0 is to tone down shooting. I primarily play AoS instead of 40k because it is (was) melee and magic focused. I think something simple, like if you're outside of 3" from an enemy but shooting into melee combat you're -1 to hit or maybe have a chance of hitting your own guys that are engaged in melee.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Rhetoric said:

I’m psyched for BR: Morathi new rules and such for my Deepkin,  but I can’t help but think where are these new models??

If you just care about models there is a pretty strong chance underworlds season 4 will feature deepkin.

There is a low chance warcry will have a deepkin warband (on the basis they will probably do destruction and death ones first, plus the next order one is not likely to be elves again).

Otherwise I suspect one day, maybe next year, there will be a single character released in a box set (I'd bet embaillor) as most battletome armies seem to get that eventually.

Plus 3rd edition means an inevitable new battletome which may or may not coincide with a new model (likely late 2021).

The lack of rumour engines corresponding to deepkin like features makes me think we're a way off yet. With the exception of that crab claw which might be from an underworlds warband.

20 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Only thing I want in 3.0 is to tone down shooting. I primarily play AoS instead of 40k because it is (was) melee and magic focused. I think something simple, like if you're outside of 3" from an enemy but shooting into melee combat you're -1 to hit or maybe have a chance of hitting your own guys that are engaged in melee.

Agreed. I'm fine with shooting as an element of the game - it's a consideration that requires more tactical play - but I don't want it to take center stage. I want my little plastic soldiers to punch their little plastic soldiers, and vice versa.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aelfric said:

Zoats way back in 3rd ed Fantasy were woodland creatures and Wood Elf Allies,  It feels odd to think of them as part of the destruction faction.  It's been a long time, though, so maybe they've changed; become less philosophical and more brutal perhaps.

If they hew to the updated 40k characterisation (and who knows given its Blood Bowl), they'll be intellectual and refined but manipulative and not above using brutality to get what they want. In that case Destruction doesn't quite feel like it would fit. Of course their 40k and WHFB characters were fairly different, one was tyranid collaborators/slaves/refugees, the other was enigmatic magical hermits of the deep woods, so who knows.

• Like 2