The Rumour Thread

29 minutes ago, Overread said:

Wait who is Lady Atia? 

Also that art looks very much like a creature caster/raging heroes type sculpt if it were made. 

... The art is just to illustrate the post...

28 minutes ago, JonnyTheKing said:

Why is this a credible source? I’m confused 

Are you for real guys ? You don't know who Atia is ? :P You didn't used to browse War of Sigmar back in the days ?

She was a very active and reliable rumormonger at AOS start, mostly 2015-2016-2017 IIRC. Way better than Hastings in the post Warseer era.

She stopped quite abruptly, and Bob took over the posting on WoS. She sometimes (very rarely) comes back to post small rumors in the comments.

The fact she took the time to make a whole post to say something is probably a good indication it's "huge".

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, HorticulusTGA said:

... The art is just to illustrate the post...

Are you for real guys ? You don't know who Atia is ? :P You didn't used to browse War of Sigmar back in the days ?

She was a very active and reliable rumormonger at AOS start, mostly 2015-2016-2017 IIRC. Way better than Hastings in the post Warseer era.

She stopped quite abruptly, and Bob took over the posting on WoS. She sometimes (very rarely) comes back to post small rumors in the comments.

The fact she took the time to make a whole post to say something is probably a good indication it's "huge".

I appreciate the breakdown. But honestly, you don't need to have inside sources to predict that something Slaanesh related is going to happen in Broken Realms at this point. They already started releasing Slaanesh mortals models in the duel box and Underworlds, after all.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

That's fan art just used as a placeholder image.

Lady Atia is/was someone with sources in GW who had a track record of reliably hinting at forthcoming stuff for AoS and 40k before she stopped a few years ago, apparently at GW's request. The DakkaDakka rumour tracker thing shows a bunch of her 'predictions' and though they were often somewhat vague and clearly coming from glimpses at unreleased stuff (sylvaneth, fyreslayers, most early AoS stuff), they were usually accurate.

As all the blogger receives material directly from GW somedays before preorder ;)

She probably read the whole book already

4 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I appreciate the breakdown. But honestly, you don't need to have inside sources to predict that something Slaanesh related is going to happen in Broken Realms at this point. They already started releasing Slaanesh mortals models in the duel box and Underworlds, after all.

True, yet her rumours are as good as actual confirmations :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Absolutely, and now it's almost confirmed Slaanesh escapes, meaning the end of the Soul Wars and the start of a new edition. The fact it comes from this person makes it 99.9% sure instead of just 96% sure. 

Also, we have Kurnothi in WHU but not in AOS as of now, so... (But as someone noted a few pages back, there are Slaanesh "arrow" bits similar to the WHU archer in the Megagargant kit).

2 minutes ago, cyrus said:

As all the blogger receives material directly from GW somedays before preorder ;)

She probably read the whole book already

It's the new host of the blog, aka Bob, who do those kind of reviews. 

She apparently had more intel from the future.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Also, we have Kurnothi in WHU but not in AOS as of now, so...

I agree with what you are saying, but want to quickly comment on why I think the Slaaneshi mortals are a different case from the underworlds Kurnothi and Rippa's Snarlfangs.

Basically two things: The Daughter of Khaine stuff has shown that GW do multiple simultaneus model releases through through different avenues (Warcry, Underworlds, Duel Box...) as part of their updates with Broken Realms. So getting both an Underworlds warband and new hero in the duel box, as well as the little shoutout with the arrow on the giant, indicates that Slaanesh will get more than a few new rules in Broken Realms to me. The Kurnothi were more clearly just a one-off.

In addition to that, everything narratively really points towards Slaanesh breaking free being a major plot point in BR. Now with Lumineth released, it's definitely the right time to focus on Slaanesh again.

• Like 3

I just want to remind people that Slaanesh being caged or not doesn't really affect the demonic hosts. In general the Great Gods of Chaos don't do all that much in the realms; the vast majority is actions by their agents. Greater Demons do far more along with mortal followers. Slaanesh has mortal followers right now, we just don't have models for them ;)

I'd also note that I still think Underworld is like Mordhiem and Warhammer Quest - GW can do things for it that don't have to ever get a full main faction release. Slaanesh getting mortals makes sense, but we know that Slaanesh has had and will have mortal models in the main game. It's nothing "new" as a concept. Kurnothi are like Rippers Snarlfangs and could be just a design concept that will remain in Underworld and never appear again; or they might transform into something in the future. We have no way to know. 

Personal theory - Realms Shattering makes me wonder if they might recombine - realms crashing into other realms. Perhaps even moving away form Flat-Realm-Theory toward Globular-Realm-Theory! 

I mean its not as if the realms have giant elephants holding them up for support and proper foundations .

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I agree with what you are saying, but want to quickly comment on why I think the Slaaneshi mortals are a different case from the underworlds Kurnothi and Rippa's Snarlfangs.

Basically two things: The Daughter of Khaine stuff has shown that GW do multiple simultaneus model releases through through different avenues (Warcry, Underworlds, Duel Box...) as part of their updates with Broken Realms. So getting both an Underworlds warband and new hero in the duel box, as well as the little shoutout with the arrow on the giant, indicates that Slaanesh will get more than a few new rules in Broken Realms to me. The Kurnothi were more clearly just a one-off.

In addition to that, everything narratively really points towards Slaanesh breaking free being a major plot point in BR. Now with Lumineth released, it's definitely the right time to focus on Slaanesh again.

Totally agreed. 

We also have sub plot about Slaanesh Mortals specifically (mostly the Chariot Lord Reshevious from Malign Portents and the Magnificent Mirror, perhaps containg the cursed soul of WFB Sigvald....).

Kurnothi also can be a "3rd Wave" for Sylvaneth come their inevitable 3rd edition book....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Overread said:

I just want to remind people that Slaanesh being caged or not doesn't really affect the demonic hosts

No not from a gameplay perspective.

lore wise it could mean that the dark prince will gain more mortal followers with it’s release, something the other chaos gods (including the horned rat even though it might be of different reason) might not want.

but that really would only bring it to an infighting between brothers and hilarious backstabbing rats.

I would actually love to see that 

57 minutes ago, Overread said:

Personal theory - Realms Shattering makes me wonder if they might recombine - realms crashing into other realms. Perhaps even moving away form Flat-Realm-Theory toward Globular-Realm-Theory! 

I mean its not as if the realms have giant elephants holding them up for support and proper foundations .

The creation of the Rainbow Realm Qhaysh!

Screenshot_20200602-205950.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

To add credence to Slaneesh escaping, Age of Sigmars Facebook page posted this!!

So narratively we have some major conflicts brewing/ongoing:

Order vs Destruction with the invasion of Azyr.
Order vs. Death with the continued fallout of the Necroquake.
Order vs. Chaos with the eventual release of Slaanesh.
Chaos vs. Death in the All Points.

I know there are countless further conflicts occurring and obviously broken realms will introduce more. But it is clear that Destruction needs more direct narrative involvement. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

So narratively we have some major conflicts brewing/ongoing:

Order vs Destruction with the invasion of Azyr.
Order vs. Death with the continued fallout of the Necroquake.
Order vs. Chaos with the eventual release of Slaanesh.
Chaos vs. Death in the All Points.

I know there are countless further conflicts occurring and obviously broken realms will introduce more. But it is clear that Destruction needs more direct narrative involvement. 

You forgot about Order vs Order or how it's usually called "business as usual".

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Lord of the Isle said:

My wish list after Morathi -

Broken Realms : Louencoeur. Neo Brets under new Lion God!!!

Broken Realms : Borgio & Belladonna. Dogs of War return and allied w Lion Brets lead an anti Sigmar Order human rebellion

Broken Realms : True Shadow King. Alith Anar returns and confronts his ancient enemy, usurper of his title, Malerion

Broken Realms : Abhorash & Vashanesh ( aka Vlad). The coolest vamps ever defy Nagash and rise to rule a benevolent human empire

Obviously absolutely none of these are ever happening but I can have them in my heart

SO long as we can get: Broken Realms: Settra, I'm in.

(or actually Khalida, Apophas, or one of the others might be more interesting...)

Edited by EccentricCircle
  • Like 2

As someone who hate demons is pretty annoying how they keep getting releases while others factions get ignored.

In around 3 years demons got nurgle box, khorne vs slanesh box, tzhench box, another slanesh box. And every tome releases came with tons of new miniatures with slanesh getting more new models than some armys total roster. 

And now slanesh will get a new tome, with new models and maybe even a god model??? Pretty dam annoying. Where are new units for ironjaws, fireslayers, idoneths or dok( besides the new tiny serpent recolour hero),sylvaneth etc etc etc.

Only daemons and posterboys got new units in all aos, besides the typical mini hero releases. Why is that?? This favouritism is the reason people hates 40k posterboys, sigmars here etc, and the reason i hate daemons too. Why only those factions get love and every other faction dont get anything

So more daemons releases,heck i think even stormcast have got less releases than daemons in aos lol but meanwhile fyreslayers keep with their 2 units box......

Really i dont know what think gw

Btw lady atia at the launch of 8th edition says that tau auxliars were going to get a big release with new models and a codex for them but.......3 years later they havent got anything so she isnt so realiably

Edited by Doko
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Overread said:

I believe Destruction would have been a greater focus this year. Don't forget Shadow and Pain is likely 6 months or so late in appearing. It was likely going to pair closer to the summer with Indomitus. One big event for 40K one major event for AoS. 

Eh with the 40k edition I think after sons of Behemat there wasn’t going to be much AoS release until October. So I think these release are only about a month behind at best 

pshychic awakenings started in October as well

I mean there’s been a lot of elf releases in recent years, lots of death, lots of stormcast, I think skaven could do with a refresh more but some of slaneshes stuff is awful. 

I think Sylvaneth and Seraphon could do with some revamps. The dryads are old and so are the seraphon troops and cavalry, good that cavalry is awful.

• Like 1