The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Newest Rumour Engine.

UxJUwpeevOL9x50w.jpg

It looks a lot like a Middle Ages European bear/boar spear. Something designed for hunting animals with a cross guard behind the blade to stop the animal pushing up through the blade and ****** you up in its death throws, whilst the serrated blade definitely gives it a 'cruel' vibe.

The only extant Order armies that would work would be the more morally ambiguous ones (well more straight up dubious than ambiguous but you know what I mean) like DoK or Idoneth, but it's certainly not an Aelven weapon or at a push CoS and well that would be a turn up.

Almost definitely not anything Destruction related, so you can rule them all out.

With Chaos, it almost certainly isn't Beasts, Skaven, or any of the Gods' own armies. Slaves to Darkness possibly but I couldn't imagine what, Darkoath would make sense in terms of a monster killing weapon but doesn't match the style.

So boringly predictable because it just joins the long line of others we suspect are the same but you have to think it's something along Soulblight/Deathrattle lines. The only other possibility in my head would be a FEC character like Duke Crackmarrow but unlikely.

2 minutes ago, Verminlord said:

My first thought was the frostlord spear as well. The base of the blade does appear to have a blood drop shape, so I'm thinking vampire gouging weapon.

That is interesting as we previously got a rumor engine for a vulture that looks just like the one on the Huskard kit. 

2020-09-29.jpg

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

That is interesting as we previously got a rumor engine for a vulture that looks just like the one on the Huskard kit. 

2020-09-29.jpg

39 minutes ago, Grim Beasties said:

Only other spear I can find like this is the one for the Frostlord, the beaten metal look makes me think Destruction but I might be bias.

99120213016_FrostlordonStonehorn01~2.jpg

These are excellent points!! Maybe a character for Broken Realms?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

I think this year will not be any Battleforce. We are not listening any rumours and the past year they were shown on the Wednesday 30th of October.

I think we will hear something on mid november : holiday season/xmas are too juicy period for such sales (they will probably more expensive by the way)

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Newest Rumour Engine.

UxJUwpeevOL9x50w.jpg

It could be a new ogor shooting weapon 

60120713001_ENGMantrappers02.jpg

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Like 90% of all releases for the AoS setting these days it is most likely from a Warband ;) 

Looking at the rumor engine history, ever since they change format,  majority of them are usually main game stuff from what I can tell. In fact Beastgrave only had two rumor pic for the whole season and Only for the starter set warband.

10 minutes ago, novakai said:

Looking at the rumor engine history, ever since they change format,  majority of them are usually main game stuff from what I can tell. In fact Beastgrave only had two rumor pic for the whole season and Only for the starter set warband.

Direchasm got several no? The owl among other.

For plastic hunter, we have hrothgorn. You think they would make another mini for the same datasheet ?

Edited by rattila

4 minutes ago, rattila said:

Direchasm got several no? The owl among other.

Technically only the owl is a rumor engine. The bow and the other preview where kind of a special teaser for the preview show that week. If you want to count the bow it is only 2 

Edited by novakai

I don't think it's impossible that we'll see a new plastic hunter. Yes, Hrothgorn fills that space. Yes, it would make more sense to repackage him as a new hunter box. Yes, it would be much easier to just change the warscroll so the hunter can be accompanied by gnoblar attendants as tokens or something, but GW makes weird decisions when it comes to individual SKUs and the like. 

I'd prefer something new and honestly Mawtribes needs new yhetees/butcher/gorgers far, far more than a second plastic hunter model but that's how it is sometimes. The hypothetical frost king folks were talking about would be interesting, though now we know one of the WHC rumour engines discussed (the gutplate thing) is actually from the mega-gargant kit.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 3

I see a lot of people saying X is not beginner friendly or not suited for beginners. 

I have to disagree. Today there is the Internet and YouTube with a huge wealth of information. 

When I was starting, I had white dwarf, store staff members and muddling through myself. 

I believe new hobbiests have it better than ever and anything they aren't sure of is a google search away. 

*Please note, not directed at anyone, just my opinion. 

Edited by Ogregut
  • Like 4

i think the argument is that Hrothgorn is  not  meant to be the  full replacement for the Icebrow hunter because he primary design for another game system  and  it is not about the difficulty to proxy him as one. having Hrothgorn existing does not take the chance away from having an actual plastic version of the Icebrow hunter

simply you could just tape his base on top of the correct base size and call it a day.

Edited by novakai
  • Like 4

Would it not be more likely that they would remove the resin hunter from the store and just update the Base Size document to match the new plastic one?

Agree with the above, similar to Mollog and a regular dankhold troggoth, we'll probably see both in the future.