The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Fulcanelli said:

I hope that seraphon release will be something bigger than tzeenctch and kharadron... Nothing personal, but I think they deserve it.

As a T player, I fully agree. A cool hero like a Curseling in plastic would be awesome but we got enough kits, especially with StD units now (although we got the worst synergy). KO could use more kits afaik, but lizardmen (and skaven) would deserve proper revamps the most now (next to Aelves and regular humans -it‘s unfortunate that CoS didn‘t come with new kits...)

• Like 2

I don't see stormcast getting another chamber. Even GW has to have realised that their range is already tripping over its own feet in unit options. Also for AoS there are far fewer unit divisions than 40K so there's less room to squeeze in unit and army concepts without creating too many double units and units that are flat out better than others in all respects. 

Also whilst I'm sure GW loves how well marines sell, I don't think they want to copy-cat the way that they work fully in 40K. 40K has a problem in that marines sell so well that they've got almost more than half the game just as marines. The problem there is that yes marines sell, but those marine players want Xenos to kill and fight not just each other (Although HH selling so well suggests that marine VS marine does at least work). 
You can see subtle ways in which GW is trying not to repeat this with AoS. Take the lore, BL produces books for a lot of diverse races and whilst Stormcast got a lions share at the start, they are far from dominant now. Stormcast just got a lot of attention early on and I think were about the only "Big" army that GW was going to make and market under AoS. With many others I think going closer to what Daughters of Khaine and Fyreslayers have - ergo smaller niche forces. Now things have changed and its more likely all armies will be "normal" which means some are playing catch-up to Stormcast who simply started with that concept so much sooner.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

This is the last thing we need.

Stormcast already have 30x units then all of the other factions together.

99% of the AOS players would be thankful if the Stormcast don't get anything new for the next 10 years. Just updating the books for the other factions is not cutting it.

Your statement is just untrue, also some people like Stormcast and I sincerely doubt 99% of the AoS playerbase would be thankful if they didn't get anything new for the next 10 years. That's just ridiculous, personally I wouldn't mind small releases but another huge release like the Sacrosanct chamber isn't something I would really like to see simply because of bloat and not because "I hate stormcast" *grumble* grumble* "they get so much stuff and my army doesn't".

Just so we're clear Stormcast have 60 units so not 30x the units. Cities have 59 not including adding in Stormcast, Kharadron or Sylvaneth. Slaves have 47. Skaven have 43. Legions of Nagash have 42. With the rest of the factions either being between the high teens, which I think could do with some more units to get them at least in the mid twenties, and the high thirties which to me seem in a good spot when it comes to number of units

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, xking said:

Strongly disagree, that's the last thing we need. And we don't need a new chamber. I would prefer just some named characters(  the Lord Commanders) and an actual good battletome.

GW WHERE IS GARDUS!?

Yeah I really want a Gardus model, I agree with King. 

• Like 4

Honestly the next big stormcast release I can foresee would either be a major named character on a powerful mount - ergo big expensive model. Or a new aspect of war. For example introducing siege mechanics into the game as their own separate thing and making siege weapons a different thing. Although stormcast already have one siege weapon they could add more. 

Ergo adding content by adding new niches, much like how GW added Endless Spells as a new game niche to work with. That way they'd be adding something to the Stormcast that does something new; as right now they cover pretty much all their bases. 

I can also envision them getting the regular "new hero model" every so often as special promotional models. Though I'd kind of hope GW might branch out into other armies before "another primarius lieutenant" becomes a thing. 

2 hours ago, xking said:

Strongly disagree, that's the last thing we need. And we don't need a new chamber. I would prefer just some named characters(  the Lord Commanders) and an actual good battletome.

Agreed on this. Downside of getting new chamber is that the old one will be forgotten. Look at the warrior chamber for example.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Aryann said:

New rumour engine... A boot? 

Ogor Boot, most likely. They all have those heavy iron soles, and the little fang bits are also used by Ogors. Furry at the top, so probably just that Underworlds Hunter we haven't seen the model for yet.

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 minutes ago, madmac said:

Ogor Boot, most likely. They all have those heavy iron soles, and the little fang bits are also used by Ogors. Furry at the top, so probably just that Underworlds Hunter we haven't seen the model for yet.

Looks like it’s on a chest of bullets though. I think 40k Orks. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Dirtnaps said:

Just so we're clear Stormcast have 60 units so not 30x the units. Cities have 59 not including adding in Stormcast, Kharadron or Sylvaneth. Slaves have 47. Skaven have 43. Legions of Nagash have 42. With the rest of the factions either being between the high teens, which I think could do with some more units to get them at least in the mid twenties, and the high thirties which to me seem in a good spot when it comes to number of units

Every single Stormcast model has been released since the start of AoS. Not a single Cities model has been. Slaves are mostly 8th edition fantasy models (less so if you count the Warcry warbands). Legions of Nagash are all old models except for Nighthaunt and same for Skaven minus the Bombardier (which isn't available). Hell, Skaven have a significant number of metal and resin miniatures still. 30x is hyperbole but Stormcast have received a level of support in AoS that puts them in a league of their own. Only Khorne comes even remotely close. 

I'd be fine with Stormcast getting another book release as they could use one but if they get another another Sacrosanct style release while Fyreslayers are still building all their units out of 2 sets of 5 identical bodies I'm going to go to Lowes and buy a pitchfork.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

I reckon it's the boot of the ogor (or one of the ogors) in the ogor mawtribes WHU warband.

Those are definitely Ogor bits on his boot. I'm interested in what he's standing on though? Id say its the hunter but I don't see him standing on a platform.

3 minutes ago, Forrix said:

Those are definitely Ogor bits on his boot. I'm interested in what he's standing on though? Id say its the hunter but I don't see him standing on a platform.

All the ogors I've seen have those pointy metal toecaps. I would love to see the new UW hunter, but this looks too 40k Orks to me.

My personal prediction: it's the next holiday model, the Red Gobbo's personal oppressor, Da Git What Looted Kristmas

• Haha 1