The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

Which is odd considering how many would heavily invest in light elves versus how many are going to start collecting Kurnothi. 

You really underestimate the appeal of Kurnothi.

And there is always the old "why not both" meme.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, madmac said:

New rumor engine.

image.png.1be126de700eaaa20b07f4f45962c440.png

That's pretty much a tree, yes, but a rather small one. I think it's probably a decoration on a larger model, even something growing off a back or shoulder, kind of like the revenants for Sylvaneth but larger and more elaborate.

I'd be shocked if we got something in the next couple months specifically for Sylvaneth though, so I'll guess Kurnothi, even though this isn't super their style. Orion's old model had some leafy bits, so this might not be totally out of place on a Kurnoth model, maybe even as a base decoration.

If we take "Hyish Hyish" and the giant reveal, a carefully pruned bonsai tree growing from a giant would fit that perfectly.

It could also be terrain for Teclis elves, Kurnothi or maybe even LOTR something.

1 minute ago, michu said:

Informations about Book of Champions and beyond - in 2020 we will get new 15 AoS warbands added (rules, not new miniatures), Ossiarch Bonereapers included!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/12/03/eightfold-reasons-you-need-the-tome-of-championsgw-homepage-post-3/

Even without new models, I'd welcome a CoS warband. Though with mixed feelings, as it's yet another chance closed for new plastic.

I'm not shocked that its just new rules, I did wonder if the delay of a second wave of core factions was so that GW could release Ossiarchs and then get the second book out of the door for Warcry to expand all the rest of the armed warriors. So yep very glad to see that the Ossiarchs and all the others will appear on the battlefields of Warcry. 

Also a tip - if you can grab as many of the cards as you can/need on the pre-order day

• Like 2

Just now, michu said:

I don't think we will ever see non-chaos warband release. I just hope that skaven will get the rules (and they won't be Eshin-only).

I think it really depends what Gw's gameplan is for the future. If they basically replace Skirmish with Warcry then we might see releases for factions done like the roaming chaos beasts - ergo basically a totally normal AoS product with a "Warcry" version/release art on the box and cards inside; but otherwise identical to regular releases. 

I wouldn't expect Warcry style warbands for everyone though. That seems a very chaos only feature, though I wouldn't be opposed to them given time. That said I'd rather see regular kits released with arm and weapon options built into them. The Warcry bands are fantastic sculpts, but they lack some of the variety that we are used too (of course they make up for it by giving us 8 bands tha tare very varied between them - far more so than a head and weapon swap could achieve) 

57 minutes ago, michu said:

You really underestimate the appeal of Kurnothi.

And there is always the old "why not both" meme.

I think it depends on what the hysh aelves end up being,

but seeing as the art for Tyrion is basically high elf. and they were one of the best selling old world army and one of the most well played Total war faction I would argue that they would most likely sell better then Kurnothi, not to say Kurnothi won't sell well I just doubt that it would sell better then hysh aelves, but we'll see i guess.

but yes why not both

15, Hmmm...

Death: Bone Reapers

Destruction: Mawtribes

Order: Sylvaneth, Fyreslayers, KO, Seraphon, COS(?)

Chaos: 4 Chaos Gods, STD, Skaven, Beastmen, Spyre Tyrants, Firedudes

That gets me to 16, though some of those are questionable. I wonder if any not-yet-released factions are included in that count. I guess we'll know soon enough.

Slaves to Darkness won't be in it because they are in it already with the Warcry Warbands* - who can already take mercenaries like the Darkoath Queens. So that takes it to a nice 15 if you take out Slaves. 

*you could argue that Slaves is technically in the book 8 times - once for each warband. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/12/03/faction-focus-slaves-to-darknessgw-homepage-post-2/

faction focus is up :D Bel´lakor still in the game?

damn, they kept that damn glory or damnation table...spawndom is still on the table :/ Mark of Khorne sounds neat, thou

suprise: guess who is still on the table :D So far StD seems to have no cuts at all :D

Edited by Charleston
  • Like 2

Cool to see how these four subfactions - Ravagers, Cabalists, Despoilers, Everchosen - seem to represent four broad archtypes rather than four specific in-universe legions/bodies. It's an interesting approach and one that keeps the background pretty open and appropriately... chaotic.

• Like 3

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something but the end of the article doesn't seem to make much sense. 

What’s more, all of your god-marked units can be used in a Tzeentch, Nurgle, Khorne or Slaanesh force, so if you fancy trying some different allegiance abilities, you can!

It works the other way around, too. Thanks to the Mark of Chaos keyword, you could field your Slaves to Darkness army as a Khorne force one day, then a Tzeentch army the next by using their associated battletomes and allegiance abilities!

Aren't both those describing the exact same thing? Not sure how "it works the other way around"