The Rumour Thread

Duardin hammers are "stronger" or more bulky. That style is very similar to aelfs.

The Ynnari thing I don't think so, if I dont get wrong the aeldari will wake up the Death God Ynnead when Eldrad (or the aeldari) will find the five swords of Ynnead, I cant remember well but I think they have only three at the moment (A Craftworld auxarc, the Yncarne and Yvraine), so I feel rare if they find the swords and then they take hammers.

I think its AoS, aelf and I will say that is the kurnothi battleline :P

oooooh... just had a random thought, further to my post yesterday about a possible AoS related boxset for Xmas... what's the chance that since they're phasing out the original Warcry starter set that they're going to release a 2nd one quite quickly and that's where the Scions of the Flame and the Spire Tyrants will get first released?

unlikely I'd guess but you never know...

3 minutes ago, JPjr said:

oooooh... just had a random thought, further to my post yesterday about a possible AoS related boxset for Xmas... what's the chance that since they're phasing out the original Warcry starter set that they're going to release a 2nd one quite quickly and that's where the Scions of the Flame and the Spire Tyrants will get first released?

unlikely I'd guess but you never know...

It would be a neat way to release the pair and some new terrain all in one big go. GW is clearly keen for Warcry to do well so it would be a neat approach. They also clearly expected the starter set to sell well because they are already getting the individual content boxed out for it quite early. Then again they had all the rules and cards up for individual sale at launch so it might just be that GW didn't feel the need to protect sales of one block by strong staggering of releases. So could be we are burning through the Starter set stock REALLY fast

Also its KS season GW - for crying out loud throw us some (Ossiarch) bones to keep us hungry for them before multiple KS steal away the money! 

those are fabulous, the cogfort lot's @Melcavuk's aren't they? Absolutely glorious bit of modelling.

I have to also say I love how Ben Johnson's actually thought about and played with what a couple of specific artefacts do rather than what they are and then incorporated that into conversions, very clever and honestly pretty inspiring in a oh ****** now I hate all my models and just want to sulk way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Overread said:

Also its KS season GW

KS? Do you mean Kickstarter?

On the topic of Marvel: Together with the Eisenhorn- Netflix-Series it looks like GW does a lot to push Warhammer 40k into Mainstream so more and more people learn to know the setting. Concidering the fact, that the IP has a huge worth and was constantly developed over the year and established pretty well among the general fantasy and sci fi-lovers, it makes total sense for gw to slowly get money from the IP. As long as there is no "Disney buys GW" in the room there is nothing to fear~

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Charleston said:

On the topic of Marvel: Together with the Eisenhorn- Netflix-Series it looks like GW does a lot to push Warhammer 40k into Mainstream so more and more people learn to know the setting. Concidering the fact, that the IP has a huge worth and was constantly developed over the year and established pretty well among the general fantasy and sci fi-lovers, it makes total sense for gw to slowly get money from the IP. As long as there is no "Disney buys GW" in the room there is nothing to fear~

When dealing with Disney, that risk is always there.

1 minute ago, Charleston said:

Yep check the hobby general chat thread for a few references to campaigns running now. 

I also agree that GW is doing a big exposure push for their brand. It makes full sense; the market is FLOODED with digital games and such distracting kids from craft hobbies whilst things like meccano, lego and hornby are all relying on a lot of older fans keeping them going with fewer youngsters taking them up. So on the one hand GW can really steal a big slice of the craft based hobby market; on the other they've also got to carry the marketing torch all on their own. So outreach via licences with big name brands in other markets - like Marvel in comics and CA in PC Wargames - are fantastic ways for GW to use their IP in a way that puts very low risk for them. Since GW hasn't got to invest anything into it and even if the products launched fail, GW still gets their kickback and still produces their core product for their core market with little in the way of sales risk nor harm. 

It's a win win for GW and likely one of the more affordable ways to advertise without getting sucked into the big money world of TV ads and such. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JPjr said:

those are fabulous, the cogfort lot's @Melcavuk's aren't they? Absolutely glorious bit of modelling.

I have to also say I love how Ben Johnson's actually thought about and played with what a couple of specific artefacts do rather than what they are and then incorporated that into conversions, very clever and honestly pretty inspiring in a oh ****** now I hate all my models and just want to sulk way.

Thanks man, I'm glad you like my Tanks :)

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

20 minutes ago, JPjr said:

34 minutes ago, Overread said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/02/converting-the-cities-of-sigmargw-homepage-post-3/

I recognise that walking tower at the bottom!

Nice article showing off some homebrew conversions for the Cities of Sigmar armies. Including at least one from a user here on the forums ( though I've totally forgotten their name) 

Thanks guys, and yes the City of Midnight is mine! So much potential in the Cities of Sigmar.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

Warband preview of the Grymwatch is up on WHC: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/02/warband-focus-the-grymwatchgw-homepage-post-4/

Now that is how you make a characterful warband, they've really hammered home the black humour of the core FEC theme through the names, abilities and flavour text. They seem fun.

From the flavor text we also know the name of the DoK warband's leader: Morgwaeth the Bloodied.

Edited by Mutton
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mutton said:

From the flavor text we also know the name of the DoK warband's leader: Morgwaeth the Bloodied.

Good spotting!

This warband has me excited as it’s generic enough to not have over complex strategies but still really good sinergies. Tomorrow we are going to get the AoS rules?

About GW involvement with comics and TV series I guess next move will be a live action movie that would be extremely interesting. Just hope does not end up like Warcraft...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

About GW involvement with comics and TV series I guess next move will be a live action movie that would be extremely interesting. Just hope does not end up like Warcraft...

Honestly the Warcraft film wasn't too bad, it sort of suffered in that it wasn't quite sure who its audience was (established fans or new fans) and there were some question marks over their use of liveaction humans in a basically otherwise fully CGI setting. Overall I enjoyed it and was sad that there hasn't been a sequel. That and the whole warcraft storyline has been messed around like mad through World of Warcraft (Warcraft 4 where for art thou?)

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Overread said:

Honestly the Warcraft film wasn't too bad, it sort of suffered in that it wasn't quite sure who its audience was (established fans or new fans) and there were some question marks over their use of liveaction humans in a basically otherwise fully CGI setting. Overall I enjoyed it and was sad that there hasn't been a sequel. That and the whole warcraft storyline has been messed around like mad through World of Warcraft (Warcraft 4 where for art thou?)

Imho, It was a mess. Warcraft chronicles books were made to stablish the canon story, but they keep forgetting their own plots...

• Like 2