The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Are those... Centaur? But elves?

Sure looks like it. This day has really delivered so far. Still 3 private videos on the age of sigmar YouTube playlist. At least one of those is for Warcry. One is definitely mainline AOS. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Are those... Centaur?!

Based on those images, I'm thinking Wanderers vs Beastmen, which is a pretty crazy matchup I would not have guessed. 

The Centaur looking thing doesn't appear to be a beastman, though....

Edit: It's funny to me that the one event GW put almost no hype into is the one that's delivering cool announcements hand over fist.

Edited by madmac
  • Like 1

Just now, Aleser said:

Ghur aelves? maybe they will also be in dual box with new ogors, if there will be dual box

I'm putting my money on this.

The rumor we got a few months ago of a Ogors vs Wanderers box was actually more like "Ogors vs Wood Elves" "Uh, Sylvaneth already have a box?" "Er, Ogors vs Elves, just elves."

So that would actually fit the rumor suspiciously well. New, kinda Wood Aelf looking but not tied to the old model lines Aelves.

That said, some of those outlines are so Wanderers looking I'd be shocked if at least some of the range wasn't incorporated. No reason they can't be a new faction and also part of the free cities, I guess?

• LOVE IT! 3

2 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Ok that's finally it. 20.000 points of chaos will go for sale. I am done

If you got 20K points, it took you a lot of time. Knowing this: Only ONE group of miniature will remains without a tome: StD. Pretty sure now that the chaos remaining battletome is StD/Everchosen/whateverChaosFromWarcry  battletome. You are not in such a hurry so close to the goal, about max 3 month from now...

2 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Any particular reason why? Esp considering we've not actually had any chaos related releases for AoS in this round save for the Warcry Warbands. The stage is set for Destruction getting the lions share of attention for a bit and I'm surprised that (thus far) we've not had anything for Slaves to Darkness; but at the same time we pretty much know they've a Battletome coming at some point likely within the next 6 months or so (very likely now that we've got 2 battletomes confirmed which will take a big chunk of armies up and an ogors one almost as good as confirmed)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Could well be that the new Battletome will be the biggest one yet but I'm also kinda miffed that their update takes so, so much longer than those of the other 4 heralds. or you do it like me and settle for the BY FAR best God there is, Tzeentch (tzeentch even beats unaligned). When StD hit, you can use half of their units with a mark anyways and probably ally in everything else you'd want from them. And meanwhile you get sexy Tzaangors, the beautiful Gaunt summoner and other truly handsome fellas, like the Ogroid thaumaturge! ;)

Don't despair just yet!

Edited by MitGas

Which factions are particularly strong in Ghur? We have seen a lot of Chamon recently but Ghur I believe it’s been set aside since the Realmgates Wars. Maybe that would give us an hint of what WU season 3 hides... I remember many Orruks in Ghur and maybe Ogors, any other interesting presence?

Excelis is in Ghur, so maybe also the first human warband or from the new battletome?

Edited by alghero81

9 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

If you got 20K points, it took you a lot of time. Knowing this: Only ONE group of miniature will remains without a tome: StD. Pretty sure now that the chaos remaining battletome is StD/Everchosen/whateverChaosFromWarcry  battletome. You are not in such a hurry so close to the goal, about max 3 month from now...

Tzeentch isn't 2.0 yet so Chaos still has two tomes to go.

If the Ogors also get a tome soon-ish*, we only have four Battletomes left (Seraphon, Tzeentch, Kharadron Overlords and of course Slaves To Darkness) to have an up to date AOS 2nd edition range of armies ! It's kinda great. 

Then can Hysh Aelves, Wanderers from Beastgrave, new Death, and hopefully new AOSified Humans come out ! (without forgetting to mention GROTBAG SCUTTLERS).

*Feast of Bones makes me thing of a boxed set like Blightwar or Wrath & Excess, tho... Who could make a good opponent ? New Death ? Seraphon big dinosaur ? 

• LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, HorticulusTGA said:

*Feast of Bones makes me thing of a boxed set like Blightwar or Wrath & Excess, tho... Who could make a good opponent ? New Death ? Seraphon big dinosaur ? 

I agree. Someone earlier mentioned Legions of Nagash so they get their soft-update with Endless Spells and Terrain. Makes sense to me!

2 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

Now I'm kind of wishing they'd released a united Dwarven book, rather than just Fyreslayers!

The cities of Sigmar book is not quite that but close. All 3 dwarf factions are spread amongst the cities of sigmar. The article today mentions Grundstok Gunhauler, so we know KO is in it, but I assume KO will still get their own book too.    You can look at the Firestorm stuff if you want a better idea of what to expect.  

Cities based tome is what they decided to do instead of "dwarf tome, aelf tome, human tome". It lets the new (and upcoming) dwarf and aelf races stand on their own in their own battletomes, while letting people play legacy models in this soup tome. 

2 hours ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

Really hyped for Ogres and Free People!

I strongly dislike the inclusion of the Stormcast in the book though. They should have just remained as allies.

Stormcast have a strong presence in every major free city. It is necessary to keep the city safe.  This is all based on Season of War: Firestorm and the lore found in every AoS book.  The size of the book spine suggest that SCE warscrolls probably are not in this book (still need SCE Book I guess).   So the book will probably focus on the non SCE stuff (and maybe non KO/Fyreslayer stuff) Also based on Firestorm, and based on how skaven allegiances work, I suspect you will not be able to take allies that don't belong to your city without sacrificing some battleline options or some similar trade-off. 

Besides, did you think you'd make it a whole year without a stormcast battletome??

• Like 2

Lets have a closer look the the feast of bones video. We see 3 units (ogors, leadbelchers and an ironblaster) plus the brand new Ogor tyrant.

If it is a half of dual box army, it is consistent with the previous ones (looncurse etc...) where we have something like this in value for each army, joined by a brand new character.

This half (ogors, leadbelchers, ironblaster, ogor tyrant) is a superb army starting point as you have almost everything in it. Take 2. Just add few heros, a SC!  beastclaw and you got way more 2K...

Want it. Right NOW !