The most disgusting warscroll in the world

HollowHills

He's definitely strong, but I think his low wounds per point is going to be his downfall. With the amount of mortal wounds some armies can chuck out, seeing this thing on the table would be a huge "shoot me here" sign. Definitely strong, but I wouldn't say overpoweringly so due to the risk of your opponent taking him down in focus fire before he has the chance to do all that much.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Enoby said:

He's definitely strong, but I think his low wounds per point is going to be his downfall. With the amount of mortal wounds some armies can chuck out, seeing this thing on the table would be a huge "shoot me here" sign. Definitely strong, but I wouldn't say overpoweringly so due to the risk of your opponent taking him down in focus fire before he has the chance to do all that much.  

I think I would agree with this.

You would expect the Warscroll to be mental for the points and the type of model it is, but it's not something I would expect to see much of at events (unless narrative). The model is lovely though as I saw it up close earlier this year

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

Don't forget he can appear turn 2 anywhere on the table at 9in from an enemy model, it's quite easy for Vorgaroth to obliterate anything with a successful charge roll. I am sure there is many options in Blades of Khorne to reroll charge row. I am very doubtful a successful shooting phase can do enought damage... and Khorne have a shitload of cheap heroes he can kill to heal itself.

Step 1) take dragon boi and some bloosstokers 

Step 2) whip him real good and fly as far as you can towards the enemy

Step 3) enjoy your to charge bonus from being whipped. 

Step 4) charge and use your massive base to get into combat with as many units as poss. 

Step) 5 split attacks carefully

Step) 6 win? 

• Like 1

As befits a dragon at 1200 points! He's a one man army unto himself!

Yeah this is the kind of model you'll see appear once or twice if ever in your lifetime and many clubs just won't have one. It's a huge Boss monster that replaces a large chunk of a functional army. He's the ideal monster for a big "apoc" scale wargame or just for some good fun meat-grinding and fighting. 

I think for something like this the balance can be tipped in its favour somewhat. Remembering that its only ever going to go down on the table for fun

*waits for it to be so broken that it ends up being bought by every tournament gower and the next big GT or whatever is full of 20 armies with this dragon**

*which would be a good thing since it would drive sales and make FW give us even MORE dragons of such epic size and scale!

• Like 1

As a destruction player, this thing doesn't really bother me too much.

I'm thinking in Moonclan, just tie it up with fanatics that charge it during his turn and cap objectives.

For my Spiderfang, mortal wounds will drop it fairly quickly. I can also keep it locked in combat with some snotling bases or some grots on foot.

For a 1200 point model, it's going to be wanting to kill 240 points of units every turn (assuming 5 game turns) to make its points back, so I think if you don't engage it with multiple units at a time that cost more than that, you're doing fine. It's a big points sink.

Brilliant model though!

• Like 3

In context, this guy will appear to a guy who doesn't mind losing  as his army is just all about the thematic cinematic visual  - like me in fact.

I'd take him in a heartbeat. 

I know he’s going to attract all the enemy fire, spells, hordes, everything, but just to have him on the table will be worth every moment he gets overwhelmed and taken off.

What I’d get contentious on is when I see a carnosaur with some wings conversion and the guy says ‘khorne dragon dude’.  For me the act of saving, committing and buying the model is the privilege of using the scroll, but that’s just me.  I did it with my mammoth back in 8th ed. (academic now as it’s OOP), I saved hard (and for what seemed in unimaginably long time) , took the plunge and bought it.

It’s a massive chunk of cash, it’s huge commitment in time, money and dedication, and I do think that you’ll get a certain type of player fielding it.

Also lets not forget he’s big… actually he’s enormous, so getting a whole army around him isn’t beyond comprehension for your opponent – and in that context 30 wounds will be easily delivered even with all his safeguards.

Like all khorne stuff he’ll be relying on getting first turn charges and doing as much damage as he can and relying on leaving enough carnage to make the returning fire weak at best.

He doesn’t even have a bravery debuff, which is surprising from something so huge - then again, I'd probably be standing gawping in awe insead of running away as well! :)

• Like 7

I just preordered it since I've been waiting years for it to come out. It probably for the best that it isn't super points efficient or unkillable. I hate it when I bring any unit and all my opponent does is complain how overpowered it is. 

I wonder what base size would be best since it doesn't say that it comes with one. It seems like it will need an Archaon sized one, but maybe the large ovals would work.

• Like 2

How many wound is this thing gonna put out each turn on average? 25? 30? And it's size means it should be able to engage multiple units at once, wiping them out at a stroke. Add in the -3 to casters within 18 and this guy seems pretty solid.

Of course, with the size of its base if you misuse the ability to hold it in reserve small fast enemy  units could quickly block of the table making it impossible to place so you end up with all those points sitting doing nothing while the puny remainder of your force gets slaughtered.

3 hours ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

Considering FW's reputation for making OP warscrolls and datasheets, I was expecting a lot more tbh. As others have mentioned, no mortal wound save will hurt it dead.

That reputation is unjust now. 

All forgeworld stuff sucks for aos now  no one uses it.

Edit. The chaos dwarves stuff isn't bad, totally forgot about them. 

Edited by Arkiham
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1