After listening to The Imprecations of Demons, a short story/radio play about a Stormcast visiting her mortal family, I’m pretty pleased that two humans banter about both halflings and Khemri- implying that halflings are still out there.  And there was that great article in Warhammer Community, putting some halflings into a Cities force seems like a fun conversion idea.

1 hour ago, nine7six said:

I wonder if the book will have basically all the order warscrolls, like stormcast etc. If so I'm interested if there will be updated KO scrolls...

Most likely not. The book will be massiv even without adding three whole books. It will most likely be similar to the Chaos tomes and how they handled the Slaves to Darkness. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Two wound dwarves will love getting pats in the back by a Jade wizard, or even getting Emerald Lifeswarms.

If they're getting two wounds I'm thinking of getting a box or two and have them in the Phoenicium. It'd be neat if we're also getting prayers, although I imagine they'll be rather universal for all cities. 

By the way, the song associated with Hammerhal basically writes itself, from Hammer High by Hammerfall.

Spoiler

[Chorus]
Hammer high this is a freedom cry
Hammer high, no one should ask me why
It's my life - proudly I will defy
Hammer high until I die!

[Verse 1]
Black clouds on the horizon
Dread crimson skies
The thunder within
The sign to begin
A tempest of fire and ice
I keep my courage blazing
Withhold these grounds
Protecting the steal
This is my deal
The flames of thy anger and my will!

Remember the frozen tears
Turning each second to years
I meltdown in paradise
Revolution calling, break the ice!

[Chorus]
Hammer high until I die!

[Verse 2]
The rapid fire pounding
To the beat of my heart
Let's make a stand
True to till the end
Warrior under command

I'm melting the frozen ice
Burning the books filled with lies
And inside the pouring rain
Things will never ever be the same!

[Chorus]
Hammer high until I die!

[Verse 3]
The strong will survive
In the end, it's the game
Forever defy
Hammer high up in the sacred sky!

[Chorus]
It's my life - proudly I will defy!
Hammer high until I die

Hear me now this is a freedom cry
It's my life - no one should ask me why
Hammer high I won't conform and I
Will defy until I die

Hammer high until I die

There, ready without editing a single letter. If you want, you can replace "Hammer high" by "Banner high" to reflect the allegiance ability.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 minutes ago, Karazla said:

Anybody has the building instruction voor the hellblaster volleygun lost mine while converting the rocket launcher 

Pic voor attention

20190925_202716.jpg

I should, I'll look into it at home.

And pic proves everything gets better with floppy hats and poofy sleeves!

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

Phoeneccium preview is up.

Add 1 to hit and to wound rolls of all  PHOENICIUM units melee weapons for the rest of the phase if any PHOENICIUM units were destoryed this phase.

Not bad and certainly has some tactical applications and will play with your opponents game plan however I think it's quite hard to apply.

Edited by Charlo
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Charlo said:

Add 1 to hit and to wound rolls of all  PHOENICIUM units melee weapons for the rest of the phase if any PHOENICIUM units were destoryed this phase.

Not bad and certainly has some tactical applications and will play with your opponents game plan however I think it's quite hard to apply.

So far it is the worse ability, considering the Phoenix temple units whole point is it resilience.

2 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

So far it is the worse ability, considering the Phoenix temple units whole point is it resilience.

I actually love it from a thematic standpoint. It doesn't fit with how I see my city, but it's perfect for how I imagine my Stormhost!

Book isn't even released and I'm already planning a second army with it!

2 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

I actually love it from a thematic standpoint. It doesn't fit with how I see my city, but it's perfect for how I imagine my Stormhost!

Book isn't even released and I'm already planning a second army with it!

Fits the theme but is terrible rulewise, unless you make a list with some really weak units to be killed "on purpose".

I love the idea of Phoenecium, I just can't motivate myself to play a High Aelf themed army in their current state. I do have 10 Phoenix Guard lying around that I'll paint up in cities color eventually, and maybe I'll add a Phoenix someday.

Definitely using Living City as motivation to start painting my Wanderers though, even though I don't really own any Sylvaneth. Not doing the City colorscheme though, I just prefer the classic bronze/copper look to all the silver armor on LC.

Edited by madmac
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Fits the theme but is terrible rulewise, unless you make a list with some really weak units to be killed "on purpose".

It's like previous Sisters of Battle rules in 40k, where they generated buffs for losing units, so people used otherwise useless but cheap support characters to just run at the enemy and get themself killed. Some characters were objectively worth more dead than alive. :D

Edit:

If stormcasts get their city's keyword, suicide aetherwings [painted as mini-phoenixes for extra flavour :D) can actually make this rule good! They have enough speed and fragility to die exactly when you want them :D

Edited by dekay
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dekay said:

It's like previous Sisters of Battle rules in 40k, where they generated buffs for losing units, so people used otherwise useless but cheap support characters to just run at the enemy and get themself killed. Some characters were objectively worth more dead than alive. :D

Yeah but think about it:

If the unit dies on enemy Hero Phase = No Bonus

If the unit dies on enemy shooting Phase = no bonus

If you have multiple units engage = bonus only active if the enemy kills yourweakest unit, if he leaves that unit for last, no bonus.

It is really really situational, unlike all other cities bonuses.

14 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Yeah, Flagellants would be perfect for this! I'd been looking for a reason to take both Flagellants and Phoenix Guard alike alongside my zealotous Sancrosact and the real win here for me is I can do it all now!

14 minutes ago, madmac said:

I love the idea of Phoenecium, I just can't motivate myself to play a High Aelf themed army in their current state. I do have 10 Phoenix Guard lying around that I'll paint up in cities color eventually, and maybe I'll add a Phoenix someday.

Definitely using Living City as motivation to start painting my Wanderers though, even though I don't really own any Sylvaneth. Not doing the City colorscheme though, I just prefer the classic bronze/copper look to all the silver armor on LC.

I think frosthearts are gonna form a core for competitive citying. 

54 minutes ago, Charlo said:

I think it could be quite good though until we see the whole book its hard to say. I would think about shielding a hammer unit about 3 inches behind cheap chaff. They wipe out the chaff and now they're in range of the hammer unit which is now at +1 hit and wound. Definitely harder to use than the other allegiance abilities we've seen so far.

The Phoenicium buff would be great for Beastmen > . < 

The way I look at it, its a pretty decent ability if you run MSU lists. Now it depends on how it works in conjunction with the City itself and which unit are part of this ability. If ANY CoS unit can proc this, and make us of it great. If ANY CoS unit can proc this but only Phoenicium units can make use of it.... still pretty great, as can run chaff units indended as sacrifice with your main damage blocks/monsters/heroes. 
If ONLY Phoenicium unit can proc this and only Phoenicium units can make use of it then yeah.... its not a good ability due to the restriction (unless Phoenicium gets some cheap chaff like pegasus riders or something. Which we know is most likely not the case from the unit preview).

55 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Yeah but think about it:

If the unit dies on enemy Hero Phase = No Bonus

If the unit dies on enemy shooting Phase = no bonus

If you have multiple units engage = bonus only active if the enemy kills yourweakest unit, if he leaves that unit for last, no bonus.

It is really really situational, unlike all other cities bonuses.

It's a good bonus, if you're all about running huge blocks of 4+ ward phoenix guard just pick another city - Hammerhall will provide you with great damage amplifier.