Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gaz Taylor

AoS 2 - Blades of Khorne Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Sleboda said:

What's that one do again?

+1 to hit and +1" reach on a weapon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sleboda said:

How are people keeping their Bloodsecrator alive?

Thronebreaker's Torc > Skullshard Mantle

Cover + Look out, Sir!

Multiple imminent threats/distractions (#1 for me)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do we do against a shootcast list or a heavy razordon list of seraphon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phizzco said:

What do we do against a shootcast list or a heavy razordon list of seraphon?

Own 12 skullcannons? Try this:


++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Chaos - Khorne) [2000pts] ++

+ Uncategorised +

Skull Altar

+ Leader +

Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne [80pts]: General

+ Artillery +

Skull Cannons [420pts]: 3x Skull Cannon

Skull Cannons [420pts]: 3x Skull Cannon

Skull Cannons [420pts]: 3x Skull Cannon

Skull Cannons [420pts]: 3x Skull Cannon

+ Battleline +

Blood Warriors [100pts]: 5 Blood Warriors, Goreaxe and Gorefist

Bloodreavers [70pts]: 10 Bloodreavers, Reaver Blades

Bloodreavers [70pts]: 10 Bloodreavers, Reaver Blades

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance: Khorne

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

+ Realm of Origin +

Realm of Origin: Origin: Ghur

++ Total: [2000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Make them Reapers and watch shootcast get shot up. Laugh maniacally. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darksteve said:

Own 12 skullcannons? Try this:


++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Chaos - Khorne) [2000pts] ++

+ Uncategorised +

Skull Altar

+ Leader +

Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne [80pts]: General

+ Artillery +

Skull Cannons [420pts]: 3x Skull Cannon

Skull Cannons [420pts]: 3x Skull Cannon

Skull Cannons [420pts]: 3x Skull Cannon

Skull Cannons [420pts]: 3x Skull Cannon

+ Battleline +

Blood Warriors [100pts]: 5 Blood Warriors, Goreaxe and Gorefist

Bloodreavers [70pts]: 10 Bloodreavers, Reaver Blades

Bloodreavers [70pts]: 10 Bloodreavers, Reaver Blades

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance: Khorne

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

+ Realm of Origin +

Realm of Origin: Origin: Ghur

++ Total: [2000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Make them Reapers and watch shootcast get shot up. Laugh maniacally. 

To me this seems fair since shooty Stormcasts and Seraphon are the most smelly cheese. Fighting cheese with cheese seems legit 🤣

Edited by JackStreicher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2019 at 10:09 AM, minthras said:

   I started collecting Khorne about a year ago, but due to personal reasons I had to stop. Now I've come back and everything has completely changed. 

I currently own the following:

1 slaughterpriest

1 bloodstoker

2 bloodsecrator

1 exalted deathbringer with impaling spear

1 khorgorath

5 bloodwarriors

20 bloodreavers

5 skullreapers/wrathmongers (magnetized)

I'm looking to make a 1,000 point list to play with some friends, any tips are appreciated. Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PivotalCar said:

 

I think u can just go with everything u own except 1 bloodsecrator. It comes up to 920 points but you start with 1 extra command point.

Slaughterhost - Goretide

1 bloodsecrator - General  (Hew the foe) (Thronebreaker's Torc)

1 exalted deathbringer with impaling spear

1 slaughterpriest - Killing Frenzy

1 bloodstoker

Battleline

5 bloodwarriors

20 bloodreavers - Meatripper Axes

Others

1 khorgorath

5 skullreapers

1 Extra Command Point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Makes sense. In my lists I get two items. One is the +1A sword for my Insensate general, and the other is the banner of Wrath for the Bloodsecrator. That's been leaving him really vulnerable to shooting.

You could also give him an artefact, but therefore you should use a battalion toa ctually have 2. Given him the Doppelgänger cloak, and you should be ready to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I already do take a battalion. That's what let's me take the banner of Wrath in addition to putting the +1a sword on Insensate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally finishing up my skullreaper conversions. Utilizing leftovers from the wrathmonger/skullreaper set. Legs and bits from bloodwarriors and some bloodreaver parts. I took some build process pics aswell. Still need to finish some gap filling and sculpting. But here is where they’re at. I sourced cheap parts locally on trades and such. But you can find the odd eBay lot with the bits you need aswell if shipping is worth it. 

270AE060-5214-4B3B-9BA1-427D08047067.jpeg

1F6E0753-9E17-43C5-86E4-A4123501B633.jpeg

3E13764F-5D21-4E3B-84A6-9562F6D0CDEA.jpeg

2BC7701C-7807-4842-AE5B-38AC420E5D93.jpeg

 

 

Edited by Impa
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just picked up the newest Battletome.  Why is the Slaughterbrute of Khorne not in it? It his Khorne in its name! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Impa said:

Finally finishing up my skullreaper conversions. Utilizing leftovers from the wrathmonger/skullreaper set. Legs and bits from bloodwarriors and some bloodreaver parts. I took some build process pics aswell. Still need to finish some gap filling and sculpting. But here is where they’re at. I sourced cheap parts locally on trades and such. But you can find the odd eBay lot with the bits you need aswell if shipping is worth it. 

270AE060-5214-4B3B-9BA1-427D08047067.jpeg

1F6E0753-9E17-43C5-86E4-A4123501B633.jpeg

3E13764F-5D21-4E3B-84A6-9562F6D0CDEA.jpeg

2BC7701C-7807-4842-AE5B-38AC420E5D93.jpeg

 

 

Nice!!! I got 3 boxes to build from, I intend to build 20 reapers and 10 mongers.

What did you use for the back armor?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chord said:

I just picked up the newest Battletome.  Why is the Slaughterbrute of Khorne not in it? It his Khorne in its name! 

Probably have to wait for the Slaves to Darkness to get updated since it is technically more predominantly a Slaves to Darkness unit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

Probably have to wait for the Slaves to Darkness to get updated since it is technically more predominantly a Slaves to Darkness unit.

I disagree, I mean there is a specific warscroll for the Slaughterbrute of Khorne.  He's not just marked like other Slaves to Darkness. 

Was hoping to only have one battketome to bring. Oh well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chord said:

I disagree, I mean there is a specific warscroll for the Slaughterbrute of Khorne.  He's not just marked like other Slaves to Darkness. 

Was hoping to only have one battketome to bring. Oh well 

Well you only need it for the warscroll right? Why not use the app? And fair enough if you like having hard copies etc etc but for the sake of 1 warscroll I'm sure it will be fine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Retro said:

Well you only need it for the warscroll right? Why not use the app? And fair enough if you like having hard copies etc etc but for the sake of 1 warscroll I'm sure it will be fine.

Well the assumption would be they would buff the slaughterbrute in a battletome since it basically has been unchanged since the start of AoS. It suffers quite a bit in the rend department for example.

Edited by kenshin620

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, shoutenraku said:

Nice!!! I got 3 boxes to build from, I intend to build 20 reapers and 10 mongers.

What did you use for the back armor?

I Also want to know what you did for the back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, shoutenraku said:

Nice!!! I got 3 boxes to build from, I intend to build 20 reapers and 10 mongers.

What did you use for the back armor?

I used greenstuff and sculpted my own on the first ones I did when I was laying out the models and figuring out how to fit things together. Also grabbed some spares from eBay for 6$ with the torsos included to make things easier. Used bloodreaver heads on this recent set I’ve put together. I also custom made the vicious mutation claw to look different. Using the bone piece I cut from a leftover wrathmonger torso. I really like how these ones look personally. One more to finish off for these 5. Just a new box set essentially with minor alterations.

4484EFD8-9B1D-4C15-AAA6-A5C06E0F2DE6.jpeg

8424B04F-8258-4D56-AEAA-B7C7B0425DB6.jpeg

CA1C58DB-2EB3-4042-BA04-15A483712862.jpeg

483BB60B-8AE3-48D5-AF01-BF76ADAF9D22.jpeg

24494F8D-7138-47D5-ABAB-6B5478C840DD.jpeg

5E387C61-A91F-4CEB-A2CA-BC6E7B44CB97.jpeg

Edited by Impa
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if this has been asked before but:

If a Bloodthirster in a Tyrants of Blood battalion has the Halo of Blood, do all the other Bloodthirsters in the battalion get to strike immediately after the Halo of Blood model?  Or does just one of them get to strike immediately after the Halo of Blood model?  

As it's written, I feel like it's the first option, but that does seem super duper powerful; so I thought I'd see what others think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a couple of 1500 games yesterday (preparing a tournament) against a FEC with a deadwatch, 3X6 flayers, regent and 2 courtiers.

I tested two lists

A blood hunt list, WOKBT, Karanak, 3X5 hounds + priest + 3 juggernauts + BTUF.+ axe judgement - Reapers of vengeance.

This one was nice, mobile and the opponent couldnt cast a spell properly. but in the end, all the dammage was dependant on the BT and the command ability.. The +1 to wound heroes was nice. Expetialy with the flail to snipe thoses pesky courtiers. i won.

 

The second list : no bloodhost.

Aspiring DB, Secrator, 2 priests + 3X5 hounds +2X5 Reapers +1X5 wrathmongers + icon and axe+ 3 mighty skullcrushers.

I won this one too but felt much happier this time. More drops = more BT points all the dammages where shared between more units and skullreapers with +3 attacks are amazing. I sent the Skullcrusher in suicide mode with +1 armor and the ennemy took hours to kill them, negating an entire unit.

No bloodhost because there was no ability that i wished in thoses and i put the 5++ command trait on the deathbringer and gave the amazind D3 mortal wound banner on the bloodsecrator. I felt thoos was the right choice.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kozokus said:

Had a couple of 1500 games yesterday (preparing a tournament) against a FEC with a deadwatch, 3X6 flayers, regent and 2 courtiers.

I tested two lists

A blood hunt list, WOKBT, Karanak, 3X5 hounds + priest + 3 juggernauts + BTUF.+ axe judgement - Reapers of vengeance.

This one was nice, mobile and the opponent couldnt cast a spell properly. but in the end, all the dammage was dependant on the BT and the command ability.. The +1 to wound heroes was nice. Expetialy with the flail to snipe thoses pesky courtiers. i won.

 

The second list : no bloodhost.

Aspiring DB, Secrator, 2 priests + 3X5 hounds +2X5 Reapers +1X5 wrathmongers + icon and axe+ 3 mighty skullcrushers.

I won this one too but felt much happier this time. More drops = more BT points all the dammages where shared between more units and skullreapers with +3 attacks are amazing. I sent the Skullcrusher in suicide mode with +1 armor and the ennemy took hours to kill them, negating an entire unit.

No bloodhost because there was no ability that i wished in thoses and i put the 5++ command trait on the deathbringer and gave the amazind D3 mortal wound banner on the bloodsecrator. I felt thoos was the right choice.

 

 

If the TO isn’t letting you know battle plans ahead of time then I wouldn’t go to a tournament without at least two models that can score in wizard / artifact missions. I find TOs love including those missions. 

If you know the battle plans ahead of time then don’t worry about it. 

For the scoring purpose I actually find the godsworn hunt can be good as get a wizard and a screen unit for 150. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Reuben Parker said:

If the TO isn’t letting you know battle plans ahead of time then I wouldn’t go to a tournament without at least two models that can score in wizard / artifact missions. I find TOs love including those missions. 

The TO loves to roll a D18 and see what is coming. i take the risk. a bataillon is hard to  get at 1500

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...