- Foetid Blades- Icon of Pestilence - Doom Gongs

40 x Plague Monks (240)

- Foetid Blades- Icon of Pestilence - Doom Gongs

BATTALIONS

Congregation of Filth (160)

ENDLESS SPELLS

Vermintide (40)

Allegiance: Skaventide

That's stuff to actually face. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
And please don't just say "we just can't, maybe we should concider facing other lists", because if that would be the case, we actually pointed out the consistency problem with this army atm.

I am really looking for tips.

Just gonna chip in here real quick; that's not a very good skaven list. It can do better (but that lord of blights is absolutely the right idea, that combo is brutal) so consider that difficulty bar upped by.. eh, 20, maybe 30% if you're looking for hypotheticals to a sort of "How do we deal with these kind of lists" question. 

I don't have intimate knowledge with all the Khornate tools in the toolbox, so I'll refrain from advicing what to use to deal with that, but figured I could at least contribute with that much :)

I love that Slaughterpriest model sculpt, I saw it at a recent tournament.

all these people arguing Khorne isn’t competitive are wrong. It can do fine in a tournament setting.

the doubters - can you post any links or standings of yourselves in your current rankings in your region? I went 3-2 with a seriously sub optimal list. Almost went 4-1 but got cheated. This was at broadside bash - mostly all the same big name players from LVO 

Yea Mierce minis are pretty cool, though making an army out of them can cost an arm and a leg!

I kind of wished they made that plastic minis board game which was going to include some of those Ysians, but maybe the plastic wouldnt have held the details. And of course the curse of KS logistics would have probably struck Mierce much like it always does to these indie studios.

• Like 1

+++ MOD HAT +++

Enough.

If you wish to rant please take it to somewhere other than TGA, I've just read through the past 3 or 4 pages and am really not impressed with the attitude and tone of the posts I've read.

I can appreciate that the new Battletome and FAQs may not have addressed the issues you felt Khorne has/had.  As a long term Khorne player I share some of the views.  However when expressing them please re-read what you've typed - if it comes across as self-entitled, petulant or whiny, then please edit it!  It's really difficult to get the right emotion into digital text so review your posts before you make them public!

Also if you read a post that you feel breaks our rules - report it.  Please don't reply because you're compounding the problem and making it exceptionally difficult to moderate in a fair manner.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Yeah I'm basically skipping 90% of posts here because all I could see was the same whiny complaints over and over. I come here to engage in a fun community and enjoy reading about fun lists, combos, victories/defeats etc. But I can't because it's all clogged down and depressive. 

Back on track and what I came here to originally post. I've read a lot of people dislike the Reavers lately, personally I think they're good screens and don't expect them to do more than to die for the Blood god. But I've been thinking maybe 5-man Blood warriors or even Chaos warriors would suit better as screens if you want some more defense and bite? 5 Chaos warriors is only 20 pts more for the same amount of wounds and a heck of a lot better defense. But with a smaller footprint and they're slower. What do you guys who've sworn off reavers use?

19 minutes ago, Mikeymajq said:

5 Chaos warriors is only 20 pts more for the same amount of wounds and a heck of a lot better defense. But with a smaller footprint and they're slower. What do you guys who've sworn off reavers use?

Certainly seems like they are worth a try. At 90 points, 5 with hw+ shield should shrug off some of the mortal wounds that are usually thrown at screening units, and the extra attacks and buffs are certainly nice to have. 

They are arguably more resilient than a similarly priced unit of either BW or reavers,  but you lose out on the rend or no respite + goreglaive.

I think marauders of khorne need a mention here too, as you get 20 wounds for 120 points, and their self buffs are pretty good. I'm worried about battleshock on them though.

18 minutes ago, medivouk said:

Certainly seems like they are worth a try. At 90 points, 5 with hw+ shield should shrug off some of the mortal wounds that are usually thrown at screening units, and the extra attacks and buffs are certainly nice to have. 

Plus they are an amazing target for the tithe prayer now that we don't have bravery immunity.

9 hours ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

You can run Brass Despoilers in Khorne. 

Q: Can Brass Despoilers, Phantasmagoria of Fate, Pestilent Throng and Depraved Drove be used as part of a Chaos army that owes allegiance to a Chaos God? For example, can I take a Brass Despoilers battalion as part of a Khorne army? A: Yes

‘Units from this battalion gain the Khorne keyword. In addition, this warscroll battalion is part of the Khorne faction and the Beasts of Chaos faction.’

It works. I'm looking forward to trying it (I'm BoC main).

That actually will serve some issues. Gonna look into that.

Thanks for the quote there :)

oh yeah, I keep forgetting about marauders! I actually used to run them back when reavers didn't even have a 6+ save. We do have som bravery buffs and battleshock immunity in Command abilities still, which helps. And there's always Inspiring presence. Since it became reactive instead of preemptive it has become sooo much better, it helps mitigate the Bloodsecrator banners loss somewhat imo. 

edit: oh cool so brass despoilers would become part of your BoK army? What units does it require you to take? (damnit, I don't need more stuff! xD ) 

Edited by Mikeymajq

7 minutes ago, Mikeymajq said:

edit: oh cool so brass despoilers would become part of your BoK army? What units does it require you to take? (damnit, I don't need more stuff! xD ) 

Yeah, they do. They lack the mortal keyword but benefit from anything that buffs Khorne in general. 

1-4 combination of Beastlord and Doombull; 3-8 combination of Bestigors, Bullgors, and Gors; 0-8 combination of Centigors, Dragon Ogors, or Tuskgor Chariots; 0-2 combination of Cygors or Ghorgons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Battlefury said:

That actually will serve some issues. Gonna look into that.

Thanks for the quote there :)

It's a good idea. Can I take it in 2000 pts of matchplay, with 400 pts of Ally?

Or I can take BoC army with this batalion, and take ally Bloodsecrator, Wrathmongers, Priest and another?

Edited by AHTOXA

17 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

Yeah, they do. They lack the mortal keyword but benefit from anything that buffs Khorne in general. 

1-4 combination of Beastlord and Doombull; 3-8 combination of Bestigors, Bullgors, and Gors; 0-8 combination of Centigors, Dragon Ogors, or Tuskgor Chariots; 0-2 combination of Cygors or Ghorgons. 

I've been toying with a brass despoilers list that runs 2 ghorghons and 2 demon princes, one with axe, ghyrstrike and the rage unchanged command trait. With beasts in the army, the slaughter hosts are less of a priority.

1 minute ago, AHTOXA said:

It's a good idea. Can I take it in 2000 pts of matchplay, with 400 pts of Ally?

Iirc the faq gave the brass dedpoilers batallion the khorne and beasts of chaos keywords. So no need for ally points unless you want the tzeench enlightened or a wizard as well.

• Like 1

I feel like the more I play the more I might like 5man Blood warriors. Less of a physical footprint than reavers but if you buff them to like 3 or 4 attacks they do great, even at 5 man strong. You throw them into a choppy enemy unit, attack, then take like 30 hits back, dishing out some mortals, then attack again when you die. They seem like great little "grenades" in a goretide army. I mean nothing game breaking, but just a solid little unit that I think can do more work than people give them credit for. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Warbossironteef said:

I feel like the more I play the more I might like 5man Blood warriors. Less of a physical footprint than reavers but if you buff them to like 3 or 4 attacks they do great, even at 5 man strong. You throw them into a choppy enemy unit, attack, then take like 30 hits back, dishing out some mortals, then attack again when you die. They seem like great little "grenades" in a goretide army. I mean nothing game breaking, but just a solid little unit that I think can do more work than people give them credit for. 

The only downside is you don't get a Goreglaive in a 5 man unit. But you're correct otherwise, I've seen similar results from the single 5 man unit I use in my list to fulfill Bloodmad Warband.

Also, can anyone post a comparison picture of the old Skulltaker model to the resculpt? I have the old sculpt but in Finecast so I've been hesitant on picking up the resculpt. I haven't painted mine up since I'm afraid of the Slayer Sword snapping down the road.

• Like 2

Same. I've been liking Bloodmad because it doesn't need the hero and if you when you shoot Goretide Bloodwarriors they often times get outside of buff range.

It's a small thing but I feel like Khorne got the short end of the stick when it comes to weapons. Only one Goreglaive per 10 models and also Skullreapers not really getting any weapons feels a little bad, but I guess you can't get everything, unless your a Stormcast Sequitor......... :) 

• Like 1

I been advocating 10x Warrior units but I'm coming around to the idea of 5x especially in Bloodmads 3x minimum Warrior units i dont see myself devoting 600 points to them.

The reality is Warriors greatest strengths are also their biggest weakness. Gorefist and No Respite both only work in melee combat so if they get shot down their complete wast, that is also a good reason to run Bloodmad tho cuz you really want those guys getting a early charge in on enemy ranged units. The other problem is mortal wounds... No saves vs those so no Gorefist action. I found out the hard way last game you do not want these guys rushing in to fight some big baddie that dishes out MW.

Edit: Just to add to that. If they go down in a hail of ranged attacks regardless if you're running 5x or 10x they usually get wiped out. So it could be safest to run 5x vs ranged heavy list to minimize losses.

Edited by ChaosUndivided

25 minutes ago, Warbossironteef said:

Same. I've been liking Bloodmad because it doesn't need the hero and if you when you shoot Goretide Bloodwarriors they often times get outside of buff range.

It's a small thing but I feel like Khorne got the short end of the stick when it comes to weapons. Only one Goreglaive per 10 models and also Skullreapers not really getting any weapons feels a little bad, but I guess you can't get everything, unless your a Stormcast Sequitor......... :) 

I think it's GW sticking to what's in the box for the unit, but again, Sequitors..... >.>

9 minutes ago, ChaosUndivided said:

I been advocating 10x Warrior units but I'm coming around to the idea of 5x especially in Bloodmads 3x minimum Warrior units i dont see myself devoting 600 points to them.

The reality is Warriors greatest strengths are also their biggest weakness. Gorefist and No Respite both only work in melee combat so if they get shot down their complete wast, that is also a good reason to run Bloodmad tho cuz you really want those guys getting a early charge in on enemy ranged units. The other problem is mortal wounds... No saves vs those so no Gorefist action. I found out the hard way last game you do not want these guys rushing in to fight some big baddie that dishes out MW.

I've stuck to 10 man Blood Warriors specifically for the Goreglaive. It adds a much needed amount of punch for the unit.

I do 2 10 man units and 1 unit of 5 for Bloodmad and it works just fine.

In regards to Gorefists, one of the 10 man units has Gorefists and the other has dual Goreaxes. I used to think that Gorefists were better but now I'm not so sure, I think it depends on the targets. I can see Gorefists being better against units you fight that have good saves with dual Goreaxes are better against 5+ or worse save units.  

As for mortals, that's an issue for us in general since we don't have many shrugs available. It's annoying but it feeds us anyway, I've been thinking that Khorne is best played without any regards to defense and go all out on offense, pretty fluffy IMO :)

I have had great success with 5 man units in the past books and in this one now too.  They are an irritant for an opponent to deal with and still can smack things around whilst under passive buffs like the secraetor.  In my test game so far with the new book I ran two 5 and a 15 and they (all together as a whole) really were reliable and I got a lot of movement out of the goretide ability with the 15 man unit.

10 hours ago, Sneeto said:

all these people arguing Khorne isn’t competitive are wrong. It can do fine in a tournament setting.

Ok, so, positive take then! If you were a a Khorne demon player, using all the current rules, what would you do to give yourself a shot at competing in a tournament?

Actually, @everyone, let's put our heads together. If you could only take demons, what would you take and how would you play in a generic game (so, holding objectives in some way being more important that simply killing the enemy army)?

Edited by Sleboda

How are people doing with the tyrants of blood? Is it working?

Anyone tested with the different factions? You liking skullreapers or bloodlords? 

And finally, what have people been taking for battleline in one of those lists? Flesh hounds are the obvious choice, especially in bloodlords, at least 2 fives of them for battleline. But what last bit? Anyone tried a massive blob of blood warriors as an anvil? Like a squad of 20 with +1 save?

I really really like the idea of a triple thirster list, am in the process of building one(got 1 thirster, should be getting the next this week) and want to know the battleline for a good list of them.

Cheers guys

4 minutes ago, AresX8 said:

I've stuck to 10 man Blood Warriors specifically for the Goreglaive. It adds a much needed amount of punch for the unit.

I do 2 10 man units and 1 unit of 5 for Bloodmad and it works just fine.

Agreed, and ya 2x10 1x5 sounds solid. That was my origional idea but hearing peoples success with x5 im considering 1x10 2x5 for Bloodmad. 

I don't believe dual axe is garbage, it has its place i just think gorefist is just objectively better most of the time.

24 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Ok, so, positive take then! If you were a a Khorne demon player, using all the current rules, what would you do to give yourself a shot at competing in a tournament?

Actually, @everyone, let's put our heads together. If you could only take demons, what would you take and how would you play in a generic game (so, holding objectives in some way being more important that simply killing the enemy army)?

I'm curious as to the reasoning for the choice as being exclusively Daemons as that's pigeon holing yourself. The Bloodsecrator and a pair of Slaughterpriests are way too good to pass up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AresX8 said:

I'm curious as to the reasoning for the choice as being exclusively Daemons as that's pigeon holing yourself. The Bloodsecrator and a pair of Slaughterpriests are way too good to pass up.

Well, in fairness, I have been including a Bloodsecrator in my list, and have a Slaughterpriest ready for my next game, but I'm trying very hard to make demons work. 

In my last game against Seraphon, the Bloodsecrator got one-shotted by the Swords endless spell. He's pretty vulnerable, and it made me realize that you cannot put all your hopes and dreams in one model.