AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

Hey guys, if any of you are struggling to find Bolt Boyz at decent prices, i have found the Killaboss on foot to be a decent base for conversion. Bolt boyz are going for $44+ USD per 3 while killa bosses on foot are much cheaper and i know many of us have extras/unused. 

Just a small ballista from my 3d printer and some spare gutrippa spears and boom: Discount bolt boy champion.

PXL_20211003_194348621.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Landohammer said:

Hey guys, if any of you are struggling to find Bolt Boyz at decent prices, i have found the Killaboss on foot to be a decent base for conversion. Bolt boyz are going for $44+ USD per 3 while killa bosses on foot are much cheaper and i know many of us have extras/unused. 

Just a small ballista from my 3d printer and some spare gutrippa spears and boom: Discount bolt boy champion.

Very nice idea and the look is really cool and unique.

I didn’t know they were that expensive nowadays😳

Yea pre Codex i paid $37 for 6 but now they are double that. But strangely the dominion half prices havent changed. They are still hovering around $65-70 USD. 

If you do the conversion i posted above, this creates the weird situation where you can get 4 bolt boyz and a dominion half for $5 more than just straight up buying 4 kruleboyz. 

And im sure the Murknob could also easily be converted into a bolt boy too if you are desperate enough!

17 minutes ago, AlmGandix3 said:

Very nice idea and the look is really cool and unique.

I didn’t know they were that expensive nowadays😳

Hey guys, I'd love to have some feedback on a list, if you have any. I am considering changing the Beast-skewer for 3 more boltboyz. I'd like for the list to have some power and options, without it being way to strong. Let's say that I'm aiming for a power level of 7 out of 10 

Allegiance: Kruleboyz
- Warclan: Big Yellers

LEADERS
Snatchaboss on Sludgeraker Beast (315)**
- General
- Command Trait: Supa Sneaky
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny
Gobsprakk, The Mouth of Mork (300)*
- Mount Trait: Mean 'Un
Swampcalla Shaman with Pot-grot (105)*
Killaboss with Stab-grot (110)*

- Artefact: Mork's Eye Pebble
UNITS
20 x Gutrippaz (360)**
20 x Gutrippaz (360)**
6 x Man-skewer Boltboyz (240)*

10 x Hobgrot Slittaz (80)**
ARTILLERY
Beast-skewer Killbow (130)**
CORE BATTALIONS
*Warlord
**Battle Regiment
ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS
Artefact
TOTAL: 2000/2000 WOUNDS: 147

Edited by Abstract_duck
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Abstract_duck said:

Hey guys, I'd love to have some feedback on a list, if you have any. I am considering changing the Beast-skewer for 3 more boltboyz. I'd like for the list to have some power and options, without it being way to strong. Let's say that I'm aiming for a power level of 7 out of 10 

LEADERS
- General

UNITS
20 x Gutrippaz (360)**
20 x Gutrippaz (360)**

ARTILLERY
CORE BATTALIONS
*Warlord
**Battle Regiment
ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS
Artefact

KBz are still new and there are a few lists floating around that are doing alright. You can't have a mount trait on Gobbsprakk, otherwise I think this is a solid foundation and I'm running a very similar list.

Get a few games in against some different armies and let us know what your thoughts are! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Abstract_duck said:

LEADERS
- General

UNITS
20 x Gutrippaz (360)**
20 x Gutrippaz (360)**

ARTILLERY
CORE BATTALIONS
*Warlord
**Battle Regiment
ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS
Artefact

I love the idea of the 2nd 20 block of guttripaz, it was something I would like to have done, but I couldn’t bring myself to ignore the mirebrute and small screens of grotts.

if you get the chance to play this list be sure to report your thoughts on its performance because I am sure many are curious to know how it plays

Edited by Sivyre
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Abstract_duck said:

LEADERS
- General

UNITS
20 x Gutrippaz (360)**
20 x Gutrippaz (360)**

ARTILLERY
CORE BATTALIONS
*Warlord
**Battle Regiment
ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS
Artefact

I think its fine. I think any list with a Sludgeraker, shaman, killbow and a solid unit of bolt boyz is off to a good start.

I absolutely love the model, but  Gobbsprakk just seems too expensive for what he does, and the lack of access to a mount trait is pretty brutal, since the mount traits in this army are very good. The magic heavy armies he is meant to counter will sail right over his unbinds since he doesn't get any bonuses. Leaving his once per game mandrake as his only true value. 

I always bring a Vulcha, but I just prefer the Killaboss with an amulet of destiny and I give him the Fast'un trait. A potential 28" move plus a charge is quite solid, and 240pts for that much threat seems like a steal. 

• Like 3

On 10/11/2021 at 5:23 PM, Landohammer said:

Yea pre Codex i paid $37 for 6 but now they are double that. But strangely the dominion half prices havent changed. They are still hovering around $65-70 USD. 

If you do the conversion i posted above, this creates the weird situation where you can get 4 bolt boyz and a dominion half for $5 more than just straight up buying 4 kruleboyz. 

And im sure the Murknob could also easily be converted into a bolt boy too if you are desperate enough!

Wow, that's mad. They've gone up a little in the UK, but nothing too crazy. Can see buy it now on ebay at the moment for £20. They were down to about £10 at their lowest.

On 10/11/2021 at 9:45 AM, Landohammer said:

Wait.. how do you buy Boltboyz? Am I missing something or its the only unit we can't buy right now?

6 hours ago, azdimy said:

Good news on boltboys becoming available as a kit next week. I m guessing this will bring back down the ebay price for those in the dominion box?

Depending on the multipart kit's prize. If their cost (X) is higher than the current prize on eBay they could raise it to X-1 and still be "a deal".

6 hours ago, Garxia said:

Boltboyz (3 in box) ---> 35€, unsurprisingly, the best box in the army is the most expensive.

Is this the confirmed price? The rest of the range was quite reasonably priced, only real expensive is the bird, so may not be a surprise, but its still a lot for 3 32mm dudes.

4 minutes ago, Orkmann said:

Is this the confirmed price? The rest of the range was quite reasonably priced, only real expensive is the bird, so may not be a surprise, but its still a lot for 3 32mm dudes.

Confirmed sadly. Hobgrots (20) are 40€ btw.

• Thanks 1