Jump to content

AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion


Newtype_Zero
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, C0deb1ue said:

do you think they will have a separate battletome?

I guess it will depend on the size of the range? I kind of hope the get rolled into an updated Orruk Warclans book so we have a good range of choices for them, the removal of Greenskinz took away what I felt was good middle ground between Ironjawz and Bonesplittaz, Kruleboyz could fill that gap. I'm find if they get their own book though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Newtype_Zero said:

I guess it will depend on the size of the range? I kind of hope the get rolled into an updated Orruk Warclans book so we have a good range of choices for them, the removal of Greenskinz took away what I felt was good middle ground between Ironjawz and Bonesplittaz, Kruleboyz could fill that gap. I'm find if they get their own book though.

I kind of want to be able to run them on their own. I really want destruction to get a full new faction not another half job by GW as lip-service to destruction. After a one sculpt faction and Kragnos..  I think they could put a but more effort in after effortlessly dropping a a billion LRL kits.

Edited by C0deb1ue
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes. Naysayers be damned. These are not "boring" orcs. These are highly detailed plastic GW AOS Kruleboyz(tm)!!!! They are awesome and they make me want to buy this box all by themselves. Stormcast can go in the bin or be traded for a mad lad riding a troggoth!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very lord of the rings orcs here. 

Weird proportions, but might just work for them. 

Grots here have major nurgling energy, kinda cute. 

I hate hobgrots though.

Glad to see they can go into big waaagh, wonder if we will see points for them there for how they generate Waaaagh points. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

As destruction knew I was getting this reveal.  Having now seen them have to say I am completely thrilled (if already panicking about painting all the details…).  Best part is that the will slide right into existing Warclans instead of being a separate faction.  Feel they nicely fill in gaps for both and make Big Waaagh!!!! even more devastating.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pitloze said:

I wonder what the connection between them and Kragnos will be. I would not have connected them tbh.

BR: Kragnos spoilers below.

From the summary, Kroak and Morathi trick him into running through a portal that dumps him in a swamp somewhere. Later the inhabitants are worshipping him and, from the Community article;

Quote

When Kragnos began his rampage, the Kruleboyz took to him like a moth to flame. Worshipping him as Destruction incarnate, the Kruleboyz are rising up all across the realms to join their kinfolk, and they’re bringing some big, nasty beasts with them.

 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So we have seen 4 heroes and 3 units on the dominion box plus 1 hero and 1 unit on the end of the reveal. How much more o you think  the boyz will get? I think a cavalier mounted on a smaller version of the Gnashtoof could be seen on the promo video, but any thing else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

So we have seen 4 heroes and 3 units on the dominion box plus 1 hero and 1 unit on the end of the reveal. How much more o you think  the boyz will get? I think a cavalier mounted on a smaller version of the Gnashtoof could be seen on the promo video, but any thing else?

I'd expect some sort of cavalry unit since the Killaboss is on one. As you say, a smaller Gnashtoof probably - can't have a Greater Gnashtoof without a Lesser Gnashtoof I suppose. Maybe they'll have melee and ranged options since they seem to make a point of them being into that a lot more than other Orcs.

I doubt they'll leave Hobgoblins as one, isolated unit. Might be they get at least a Hero (who makes them Battleline?) and perhaps some sort of ranged, or artillery unit to represent their Chaos Dwarf technological edge.

If they're part of a new Orruk Warclans Battletome I'd expect Endless Spells and Terrain, but whether those'll be unique to the Kruelboyz or 'generic' we'll have to see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

Probably will be a orruk warclans book.

They did say on the stream that you can mix them with Orruks and Ironjawz, or run them on their own. That doesn't 100% say they will be rolled into a new Orruk Warclans tome and not get their own, but it definitely leans that way. Time will tell.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, eekamouse said:

They did say on the stream that you can mix them with Orruks and Ironjawz, or run them on their own. That doesn't 100% say they will be rolled into a new Orruk Warclans tome and not get their own, but it definitely leans that way. Time will tell.

Yeah, they could get a stand alone tome and still be part of the warclans thanks to the Orruk keyword. I woder if will get to see their tome cover before the Dominion box release or we gonna hav to get it in the dark...

 

21 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'd expect some sort of cavalry unit since the Killaboss is on one. As you say, a smaller Gnashtoof probably - can't have a Greater Gnashtoof without a Lesser Gnashtoof I suppose. Maybe they'll have melee and ranged options since they seem to make a point of them being into that a lot more than other Orcs.

I doubt they'll leave Hobgoblins as one, isolated unit. Might be they get at least a Hero (who makes them Battleline?) and perhaps some sort of ranged, or artillery unit to represent their Chaos Dwarf technological edge.

If they're part of a new Orruk Warclans Battletome I'd expect Endless Spells and Terrain, but whether those'll be unique to the Kruelboyz or 'generic' we'll have to see.

Endless spells and a terrain would make a lot of sense, like a Kragnos altar or something like that. The smaller Ganshtoof seens lika a safe bet too!

The Gutrippaz seen to be our regular battleline, but I bet the Hobgoblins probably are the other one (a 20 hobgoblins unit maybe?). A Hobgoblin boss would be really cool!

I would love to see a regular Mirebrute Troggoth unit and some other monsters too. If they bring the tongue of a lizard maybe they can bring the whole creature too... Some strange swamp monsters would fit really well with the ragged swamp aesthetic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i didn't hear it directly because i miss the livestream but Warhammer Weekly said they confirm they get their own tome but also useable in Warclans (maybe because of the Orruk keyword) 

anyway excited for the models and army to come out

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...