The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, JPjr said:

If this policy means that one day we’ll get a ginormous Forge World cosmic Slaanesh in Aelf bondage model then I for one heartily approve.

0767FFAE-168D-4830-9AC3-D5B969D7CACD.jpeg

So, I have seen this picture a million times now and I just now noticed the chains connect with the shadow and the shadow is in the shape of Slaanesh.  I never really examined this picture too much and I assumed the purple star was slaanesh and the chains were going into that.  Well done GW artist person...

I wonder what other pictures I should examine closer...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mmmbbb3 said:

do you guys think we might get some more spiderfang units? to me they are the coolest, and i would hate for them to be neglegted. they only have 3 units!!

I think it's just whatever is in the Gloomspite Gitz tome. At least you got awesome new squigs and troggoths?

Spoiler

AoSGloomspite-Jan3-Feature14yc2.jpg.e3e7

9 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Folks, I know you are all excited about Gloomspite grots, but no leaked photos please! 

I'm sorry, i didn't know that, even thought, it's not a leaked photo. It appears in the games workshop store, at the bottom of the front page. 

Edited by KaltosDrake

6 minutes ago, KaltosDrake said:
  Reveal hidden contents

AoSGloomspite-Jan3-Feature14yc2.jpg.e3e7

I'm sorry, i didn't know that, even thought, it's not a leaked photo. It appears in the games workshop store, at the bottom of the front page. 

It's not that one. I removed the offending one (Battalion Warscroll from the new Battletome) ;) 

Anything which appears from a GW website/Facebook/Instagram is fine. Anything from GW employees in their social media should be taken with a pinch of salt as that often can be something they are working on for their own fun. ;) 

I've got bad news for us warhammer fans:

Paint pots and Start Collecting sets are going up in prices after the 4th of February.

I'm not going to digress into a discusion about inflation, it's just an heads-up.

Source: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/04/a-quick-heads-up/?fbclid=IwAR1-LqDJxjIlXJSzATXT3YQ3RhIhEVT2kbt2amJY_Dv4n7uKDpFnJLE3NVc#utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=WHTV&utm_content=WHTVHeadsupJan4

• Sad 1

Another thing I noticed about the Boingrot Bounderz:

AoSGloomspiteUnits-Jan4-BoingrotWarscroll54bfhas.jpg

In the article the following is stated:

These guys are absurdly deadly on the charge  a unit of 10 will throw out 40 attacks, hitting on a 4+ and wounding on a 3+ with a Rend of -1, dealing a deluge of mortal wounds while they’re at it.

Does that mean that a box might contain 10 Squig riders or do you think GW just wanted to show the amount of damage they can put out? I just found it odd that they would talk about units of 10 if the box will contain only 5 squig riders.

Edited by Infeston

So the GW webstore has been updated with Gloomspite Gitz, which is currently Spiderfang and The Moonclan stuff that's not in the process of being replaced or reboxed along with the old Gitmob Shaman. So the big Grots section is gone, and as are the Gitmob grots are gone, not even listed under All Destruction anymore. Greenskinz are still there and actually have a section. It doesn't seem that they're simply not indexed either, you can't search for them and incoming links from Google go nowhere. Is GW finally getting brave enough to purge models they don't plan on supporting going forward?

5 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

So the GW webstore has been updated with Gloomspite Gitz, which is currently Spiderfang and The Moonclan stuff that's not in the process of being replaced or reboxed along with the old Gitmob Shaman. So the big Grots section is gone, and as are the Gitmob grots are gone, not even listed under All Destruction anymore. Greenskinz are still there and actually have a section. It doesn't seem that they're simply not indexed either, you can't search for them and incoming links from Google go nowhere. Is GW finally getting brave enough to purge models they don't plan on supporting going forward?

Also very interesting: They put Man-Eaters and Firebellies back into the Gutbusters section. So do they plan to unite the Ogors?

I first thought they might have big plans for these factions. But this shows that they maybe did not know why they have done this. 

Edited by Infeston

8 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

Is it just me, or does the Trogboss look way worse than the normal Dankhold Troggoth? Really weird pose IMO 

I like both, but the boss face is uninspiring, which is a massive shame. Still hoping theres at least one more or GS it is.

37 minutes ago, Infeston said:

Also very interesting: They put Man-Eaters and Firebellies back into the Gutbusters section. So do they plan to unite the Ogors?

I first thought they might have big plans for these factions. But this shows that they maybe did not know why they have done this. 

Yes. I mentioned this in the thread last year. Heard 2019 would have an Ogor tome. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Infeston said:

Oh this would be cool. Maybe with some Maw  endless spells or big magic cauldron endless spells?

What I heard about endless spells is that they weren't confirmed for new armies until GW saw how they sold for the initial releases. 

Given they announced more I assume they sold well. 

Some interesting things from the warscrolls:
-Models that can block LoS (Sporeplatta Fanatics)!! I love that, even if I'm a KO player

-New "nonbold" Keywords: CREW and MOUNT (I love that!!!).

-Nikkit! Nikkit! has something strange. Maybe (AoS 3.0) we will see the return of heroes/champions joining units? Or unit leaders that can equip items? I mean, Select a model and D3 MW to the unit, and if the targeted model has an Artefact (at this moment, only heroes can have Artefacts of Power and they are their own unit...) you can remove it from play with a roll of +10? Yeah, it seems that it is just an arcane bolt for heroes but maybe (one can only hope) is a hint for new mechanics? 

Edited by Beliman