The Rumour Thread

14 minutes ago, Higolx said:

The new WD edition comes with a tome celestial for the Soulblight Gravelords. Did they need one tho? Like, their book came super late on 2e and they arent an army like SoB that require unique rules for the fact that it is such an unique army or an army that needed to be updated/helped. I dunno, just feels weird to unclude them instead of other armies who might need it more.

Indeed. Ossiarch Bonereapers come to mind. 

9 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

The size of the plastic miniatures is actually pretty consistent. The whole scale-creep isn’t really there.

I grabbed a few models. The middle human is a Bretonnian Bowman, flanked by a Greatsword (2009?) and Kairic acolyte (recent, and hunched over quite a bit).

On the right a metal dwarf flanked by a Thunderer and Techpriest Grombrindel (which is a hero, so I also took an infantry model).

I'm not sure how anyone can claim there is no scale creep. Just the fact that humans stop fitting on 25 mm bases should indicate as much.

IMG_20211205_205141669.jpg

IMG_20211205_205929464.jpg

Edited by zilberfrid
Added better view of Kairic dude.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Feels like we are creeping towards everything hitting and wounding on 2s with a single buff applied. Long gone are the days of models hitting and wounding on 4s huh.

There's quite a few normal models that hit on 4+ and wound on 4+ but I understand why characters wouldn't have bad hit/wound rolls.

• Like 5

Just now, Feorag said:

There's quite a few normal models that hit on 4+ and wound on 4+ but I understand why characters wouldn't have bad hit/wound rolls.

Of newer models? From what I have seen the recent releases all seem to go for the other statline. 

1 minute ago, Kasper said:

Of newer models? From what I have seen the recent releases all seem to go for the other statline. 

A good chunk of the Slaanesh models hit on 4+ and some wound on 4+.

Twinsouls, Daemonettes, Slaangor, Blissbarb archers, blissbarb seekers.

It could just be Slaanesh getting screwed because of creep! 

33 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I grabbed a few models. The middle human is a Bretonnian Bowman, flanked by a Greatsword (2009?) and Kairic acolyte (recent, and hunched over quite a bit).

On the right a metal dwarf flanked by a Thunderer and Techpriest Grombrindel (which is a hero, so I also took an infantry model).

I'm not sure how anyone can claim there is no scale creep. Just the fact that humans stop fitting on 25 mm bases should indicate as much.

IMG_20211205_205141669.jpg

IMG_20211205_205929464.jpg

A Kairic acolyte however is no simple human :)

Dwarves  got bigger, no question (they received the novelty called knee). The Greatsword model however is still the standard height of ordinary humans in 40k and AoS.

compare the new Zombies to the greatsword model.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Myst said:

And before you all ask, no. I don’t have any concrete timeline for anything past this (and this isn’t even concrete)

I think you'll find that 90% of us just want to know wth is coming, delays and waits are expected.

i also agree that you might want to clean up identifying info about him, even if he isn't doing big leaks like rules or pics.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

my issue is the bases themselves also got thicker/taller, which throws off the real differential. the Kharadron suit for example looks like a completely reasonable "scale up" to the dwarf warrior, because big metal suit, but its the base that makes them look super scale creeped.

3 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

A Kairic acolyte however is no simple human :)

Dwarves  got bigger, no question (they received the novelty called knee). The Greatsword model however is still the standard height of ordinary humans in 40k and AoS.

compare the new Zombies to the greatsword model.

I don't have them in my house, but the Godsworn Hunt isn't smaller, and the Excelsior Warpriest is taller. The greatswords are a decent size, that bowman even has Greatsword arms.

About the Kairic being no normal humans, wouldn't that interfere with them fitting in with other humans?

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Confused 1

Just now, CommissarRotke said:

my issue is the bases themselves also got thicker/taller, which throws off the real differential. the Kharadron suit for example looks like a completely reasonable "scale up" to the dwarf warrior, because big metal suit, but its the base that makes them look super scale creeped.

The Kharadron base is about a millimeter higher, not that much of a difference. I don't feel like clipping Kharadron off their base and regluing just to illustrate the difference.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I don't have them in my house, but the Godsworn Hunt isn't smaller. The greatswords are a decent size, that bowman even has Greatsword arms.

About the Kairic being no normal humans, wouldn't that interfere with them fitting in with other humans?

In the fluff iirc they are bookworm nerds who use magic to bodybuild themselves into John Cena when it's game time

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Higolx said:

The new WD edition comes with a tome celestial for the Soulblight Gravelords. Did they need one tho? Like, their book came super late on 2e and they arent an army like SoB that require unique rules for the fact that it is such an unique army or an army that needed to be updated/helped. I dunno, just feels weird to unclude them instead of other armies who might need it more.

Soulblight don't have the updated path to glory rules. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nagash42 said:

Soulblight don't have the updated path to glory rules. 

Sure, the point is if we are to believe these are stopgaps for armies waiting on updates - why are so many armies in dire need being left in the lurch?  it's a white dwarf - it's not like it's impacting sales that much to throw a bone to the factions who really need help.

If these new rumors are true, a lot of the ones we've been waiting on and expecting soon - BoC, Gloomspite, Nighthaunt, Skaven - are unlikely to get anything in the next year.

Course, maybe more is planned for the rebalance / december faq.  

2 hours ago, Myst said:

So I’ve been directed here to help fulfill your eager rumour needs. I will be the first to say I do not have rule rumours, in fact most people with people in the know have no such info. It’s more vague release schedules. 

January - Custodes and Genestealer Cult (40K). No AoS. 

February - Tau (40K) and Deepkin (AoS). Water and Fyre Boxset. 

March - Fyreslayers (AoS) and Chaos Space Marines (40K)

April - Nothing? (Well a limited Eldar boxset with codex in early April awaiting the late may release. See Below)

May - Eldar (40K) 

June - Bonereapers (AoS)

Id like to point out that this has drastically been delayed already, so don’t be totally surprised to see this stretched out even longer.

And before you all ask, no. I don’t have any concrete timeline for anything past this (and this isn’t even concrete). I haven’t heard anything about Chaos Dwarves, Ogors, Skaven or the like. Also this information is provided by a person at a local store who is 100% a play tester and has been part of GWs network since the early 2000s Grey Knight program. He has also given accurate information to us for previous releases. He doesn’t give us rule access due to his NDA. 

I am suppose to add that just because a month looks “empty” it doesn’t mean it is. There will be Combat Patrols for Thousand Sons and Grey Knights. Model releases for some of the armies split over two waves extending into other release windows. As well as Vanguard boxes for both Warclans (they’re actually getting two) and Stormcast.

If this is true gitz and BoC better get some very aggressive changes in the winter FAQ, they're both sitting at around a 30% winrate...

• Thanks 1

I mean Gitz did get three WD updates early this year but they all got render useless because battalions where remove 

which makes me they do these WD are for funsy and are not meant as a stop gate for struggling armies so don’t think it means anything.

Edited by novakai
  • Thanks 2

From a publishing pov I understand idk coming after nurgle as idk have the most need of incorporating the broken realms content back into the book in order to sell it to new customers as the current book is full of invalid content.

Obr have a core mechanic which needs an overhaul and a reported wave 2 to come to justify their slot.

Fyreslayers really don’t feel like they need an update as bad as some others though. So I can only assume they are early because they genuinely are getting more than one model, a Redone Flame Cannon to go with the hero perhaps ? In order to encourage the range to sell more. 

Just now, CommissarRotke said:

Tried looking this up, it doesn't seem to be a Warhammer quote? anyone recognize similarities to Warhammer or other quotes?

I actually think this might be new. My theory is that this is a book cover, probably for a black library book. That phrase gives me strong Ynnari vibes (dying to power their new death god that will ressurect them). I think they might be finally picking that plot back

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Higolx said:

I actually think this might be new. My theory is that this is a book cover, probably for a black library book. That phrase gives me strong Ynnari vibes (dying to power their new death god that will ressurect them). I think they might be finally picking that plot back

This is a good guess mate!! The Black Library Preview is this weekend, with Eldar coming in the New Year a novel arriving alongside them is a good bet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

From a publishing pov I understand idk coming after nurgle as idk have the most need of incorporating the broken realms content back into the book in order to sell it to new customers as the current book is full of invalid content.

Obr have a core mechanic which needs an overhaul and a reported wave 2 to come to justify their slot.

Fyreslayers really don’t feel like they need an update as bad as some others though. So I can only assume they are early because they genuinely are getting more than one model, a Redone Flame Cannon to go with the hero perhaps ? In order to encourage the range to sell more. 

Do OBR need an update just to overhaul RDP? Its not like anything actually changed, they couldn't use the generic CAs in aos 2 and they still can't in aos 3. I understand every other army got access to a system closer in strength to what ossiarchs had but the mechanic isn't broken or anything and obr are in a very healthy place from a balance perspective based on the statistics.

I mean I'm kind of expecting a second wave at some point too but mechanically it seems fine?