The Rumour Thread

Just now, novakai said:

yes

that’s a wrap from Gen Con – we hope you’ve enjoyed seeing some of the fantastic boxed sets, miniatures, and books that are on the way to the worlds of Warhammer. We’ll be revealing more as we get closer to the launch dates for all of the goodies we’ve shown off, so sign up for our newsletter to get the latest updates sent straight to your inbox. 

Darn I have spent the day at a festival so I missed all the announcements just playing catch up now. Still I love Warcry and I am excited about some spooky spiders... a phrase I never imagined typing in my life!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

This was the announcement I was most looking forward to and it’s f******* spiders. Why did it have to be spiders?

Well well disappointing BUT at least there are apparently new scenery coming with that Red Harvest thing ; those kind of lava pumping devices that are apparently modular...

for the factions I can't see Varanguard on foot and Spiderfangs grots, but maybe. 

I'm leaning for chaos mutants worshipping spiders vs furnace kings Chaos Dwarfs

5 hours ago, madmac said:

Eh, I'm pretty sure it's just Spiderfang. There's a tidbit in the new Warclans book that mentions Gordrak invading 8 points with a horde of Spiderfang at his back, seems to be an obvious teaser for this upcoming box.

5 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Blades of the Varanguard? Ooohh. The Spider Empire might be coming for revenge all the way back from the Age of Chaos.

image.jpeg.ad59984e6320d0975d49f71d1fb3ae25.jpeg

(2015 Everchosen Battletome)

I swear if there is all this lore for the Spiderfang in the Eight Points and we get Chaotic Spiders I'll be very dissapointed in GW, that being said...

NEW SPIDERFANG MODELS ALMOST CONFIRMED!? To me this sounds like we could get a named Hero for the Spiderfang in the form of Spittlegit and some sorely needed updated Spider riders.

I also wouldnt be suprised if this meant we get some on foot Varanguard or if it is Gordrakks invasion of the Eight Points maybe we get an on foot Gordrakk himself!!

Era of the Beasts is truly upon us now and I'm super excited to see the future of Warcry!!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, madmac said:

Eh, I'm pretty sure it's just Spiderfang. There's a tidbit in the new Warclans book that mentions Gordrak invading 8 points with a horde of Spiderfang at his back, seems to be an obvious teaser for this upcoming box.

And thus, my tinfoil theory of "What if Chaos Dwarfs are actually spiders" was nipped at the bud 😭

Happy for all Spiderfang fans, you deserve some love.

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Hyping up a Warcry reveal just to make a teaser was a bad move in my opinion, especially when Warcry is already fleeting in the popularity front compared to their other games. 

I'm happy it wasnt just a new Campaign book but am dissapointed that all we got was a trailer. Hopefully there is another event soon so we dont only have this to go on until next year.

1 hour ago, silverstu said:

Not vampire spiders? (The blood and fang mentions too obvious?) But spider fang would fit onto the destruction theme of AoS 3. I’m guessing the rumour engine pic of a net is for them then..

Hope we get a road map of the new warbands soon.. 

We definitely need roadmaps for Underworlds and Warcry. If 40K can get a Codex and Necromunda roadmap we can get one as well!!

Maybe this is a way to do something new-ish with the Spiderfang concept. Not chaos goblins or rebooting the regular spider riders kit or whatever but a Warcry warband which in AoS terms represents, like, an elite unit. An additional warscroll, as distinct from current spiderfang units as the Shadowstalkers are from witch elves.

Mutants or spider-centaurs do seem fairly plausible. For Warcry that could be because they live under a mountain of Varanite but for AoS more generally it could be doubling down on the themes of the grot scuttlings, the gobblapalooza spiker, or the multi-eyed spiderfang shamans. Chosen of the Spidergod, etc.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

So I tried having a look at that warcry catacombs map to see if anything could fit - I don't know if this does, but that scorpion spider thing seems close to the molten wound with machinery, plus there's the hammer and anvil much closer to the surface that could represent Chorfs. Could that be possible in your opinions?

Screenshot_20210919-122156.png

Edited by DoctorPerils

50 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Maybe this is a way to do something new-ish with the Spiderfang concept. Not chaos goblins or rebooting the regular spider riders kit or whatever but a Warcry warband which in AoS terms represents, like, an elite unit. An additional warscroll, as distinct from current spiderfang units as the Shadowstalkers are from witch elves.

Mutants or spider-centaurs do seem fairly plausible. For Warcry that could be because they live under a mountain of Varanite but for AoS more generally it could be doubling down on the themes of the grot scuttlings, the gobblapalooza spiker, or the multi-eyed spiderfang shamans. Chosen of the Spidergod, etc.

Varanite is an incredibly mutable substance so Grots that mutated with Spiders to become Spider-Centaurs is very possible!! I'd love to see some weird mutant Grots and Spidefang. Damn mate you just got me really excited.

• Like 1

Oh man I really hope its spiderfang!

Warcry has been increasingly looking like small aos (with them adding aos heroes as champions) so a kit with a scuttleboss and some spider riders could make sense.

I'd love for the plastic scuttleboss to get the knight draconis/lord of afflictions thing and double as an elite monstrous cavalry unit!

Maybe this is our rumored spiderfang vs BoC box? The BoC side could be the bullgors/doombull in the rumor but if its warcry it could be a full ogroid warband.

• LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Varanite is an incredibly mutable substance so Grots that mutated with Spiders to become Spider-Centaurs is very possible!! I'd love to see some weird mutant Grots and Spidefang. Damn mate you just got me really excited.

It has potential! Kind of a weird one because we have sort of two kinds of mutation here

• chaotic/warp-y mutation, giving us stuff like the grot scutterlings who arrive at their forms from living in the Silver Tower and being exposed to the energies of Tzeentch
  • 'normal' mutations for Spiderfang characters, like the shaman on the araknarok spider growing four eyes, which could be either from worshipping the Spider God or from the sheer amount of weird venoms they consume. Same for the Spiker, dude's got three eyes and like four legs from doing so many Cave Drugs

So what we might see is a blend of the two, where the particular hypothetical Warcry dudes are meant to be twisted because of the Varanite but then the same models wind up representing regular ol' greenskin mutants in AoS proper.

Spiderfang really could do with a plastic Scuttleboss though. It'd make them a full plastic range and resin/metal really is not set up for spindly multi-legged minis like that giant spider.

• LOVE IT! 2