The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I am not certain about the unit of two as the body, tail and hind legs look similar in each picture. It is possible that they included an additional set of wings, arms and heads and various options for riders to sell at a premium hoping people will purchase multiples. 3.0 has a number of rules about units consisting of a single model not being able to be reinforced as well and it could apply to units of Stormdrake Guard. I am not arguing that this is the case as my initial reaction was also a unit of two, but the wording in the article is actually fairly vague about actual unit sizes... unless it has been cleared up in an edit? Which happens on Warhammer Community fairly often. I do really hope it is a two model box though as they are amazing and I will likely only grab a single box for budget and space purposes.

As for Thunderstrike being SCE Primaris, only time will tell but the reality is simply that each edition there will be a new wave of Stormcast and there will of course be a saturation point. Maybe they will update the sculpts of liberators one day or replace them entirely, but so long as you are not overly concerned about specific models and your opponent isn't an absurd stickler, it will be easy enough to clarify that your old Liberators are a unit of the new Latine Sermo Lightning Fists! 

If it's two models per box I'll be disappointed if unit sizes are two, and the only way to get the hero is that box. it's just weird and leaves a model randomly hanging. If the unit size is one though? Might make sense for flying cavalry, and I believe there is a specific rule for single models, but not necessarily units of 1? Unsure though

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nos said:

GW are making money hand over fist. They know what they are doing in respect to making themselves money, which is why they exist.

Pursuing equality among ranges is something they've never done. Theres literally no reason to expect them to do it. They do what they think will make them money. Accept that and you'll never be disappointed or surprised. 

Their Bottom Line *is* the Bottom Line.

Acceptance would mean dumping GW as something to keep tabs on. I'll keep my waning flame of hope alive for now.

And thus keep being critical.

In consultancy, things are salvagable for people that are complaining. They still care. It's people that stopped complaining you need to worry about.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, baiardo said:

That's was my personal breaking point with the faction and i sold them. Also some factions still have models from early '00 and other redone after 5 years..ok.

It’s almost like Warhammer is produced by a commercial company with finite resources, and some factions are deliberately kept fresh as some kind of marketing, while others have niche appeal and so see less investment 🤔 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

If it's two models per box I'll be disappointed if unit sizes are two, and the only way to get the hero is that box. it's just weird and leaves a model randomly hanging. If the unit size is one though? Might make sense for flying cavalry, and I believe there is a specific rule for single models, but not necessarily units of 1? Unsure though

I was just going to run two heroes 😅

31 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Acceptance would mean dumping GW as something to keep tabs on. I'll keep my waning flame of hope alive for now.

And thus keep being critical.

In consultancy, things are salvagable for people that are complaining. They still care. It's people that stopped complaining you need to worry about.

I keep tabs on GW and am invested in the hobby while also accepting they exist, as it says in their own mission statement, to make money for their shareholders by selling toy soldiers and that said stated policy guides what they sell and therefore what to expect 

Not what's most fair, or what makes most sense from a "balance" perspective, but what makes most sense from a making money perspective in the eyes of the people clearly very gifted at making decisions that make money 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, pixieproxy said:

The Pusgoyle Blightlords box is like that, unit size of two and two per box, but one can be a hero. 

6 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

It’s almost like Warhammer is produced by a commercial company with finite resources, and some factions are deliberately kept fresh as some kind of marketing, while others have niche appeal and so see less investment 🤔 

In 40k they realized that giving ranges some models boost sales,dark eldar and Necron are prime examples,other than sisters.

The DE for exanple got a whole new ranges after nearly a decade of neglect and was met with enthusiasm.

Thinking that only armies that sells well need to be expanded is the problem that gw knows should not be the norm...(other than SM,because their range is really huge in sales).

It's a vicious circle that ruined various games in the past so i think GW is not that naive to ignore completely the matter.

Also some ranges that needs models are old time favorites like skaven so it's not a "sales matter" problem only...is obvious that if a ranges have nearly half of the models in resin or from 10 years before will not sells like ones that have new models every year,resin is bad for new players for example.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Nos said:

I keep tabs on GW and am invested in the hobby while also accepting they exist, as it says in their own mission statement, to make money for their shareholders by selling toy soldiers and that said stated policy guides what they sell and therefore what to expect 

Not what's most fair, or what makes most sense from a "balance" perspective, but what makes most sense from a making money perspective in the eyes of the people clearly very gifted at making decisions that make money 

It's not just short term profits.

Sure, space marines sell best, because they have a wide range of recent sculpts, but GW recently also updated necrons and orcs (and chaos, but that's mostly just more space marines) because that keeps the product line healthy. It might also give them good sales, and I hope it does because I like the new orcs.

Buying a new safe isn't going to net a bank more money, but they still do so to keep their core business healthy.

Increasing rules investment (in time and money) as well as not refreshing the model range is what killed WHFB, and I don't want that happening again.

• Like 1

I find it strange that people complain about "too many" aelves when there have always been multiple elf factions in Warhammer. In contrast Chaos used to be one army which got separated into six different factions (not counting Skaven since they were not part of original Chaos) all with their own unique and more or less broad range of miniatures. 

Similarly Orks & Goblins used to be one singular faction which has now been seperated and expanded upon in the form of Gloomspite Gitz and Orruk Warclans. Many were even hoping for Kruleboyz to be their own seperate thing, which would have made three distinct Greenskin factions.

Ghosts and Wraiths used to be something like 2 or 3 entries in the Undead/Vampire Counts army and got turned into their own thing with multiple units, leaders and named characters...

Or is this just about Lumineth getting another wave in the future? If so - yes, other armies need or deserve more support, but GW have always been a little erratic with which faction they want to support next. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

I find it strange that people complain about "too many" aelves when there have always been multiple elf factions in Warhammer. In contrast Chaos used to be one army which got separated into six different factions (not counting Skaven since they were not part of original Chaos) all with their own unique and more or less broad range of miniatures. 

Similarly Orks & Goblins used to be one singular faction which has now been seperated and expanded upon in the form of Gloomspite Gitz and Orruk Warclans. Many were even hoping for Kruleboyz to be their own seperate thing, which would have made three distinct Greenskin factions.

Ghosts and Wraiths used to be something like 2 or 3 entries in the Undead/Vampire Counts army and got turned into their own thing with multiple units, leaders and named characters...

Or is this just about Lumineth getting another wave in the future? If so - yes, other armies need or deserve more support, but GW have always been a little erratic with which faction they want to support next. 

It's the fact that the Hashut Icon stealing elgi have had back to back releases while other armies are nearly begging to be updated. I like the Idoneth Deepkin, no, I love them, but they haven't had anything new since their inception(Underworlds don't count. Don't get me started on Skaven, Seraphon, or half the Xenos over in 40k.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Ggom said:

I wish we had generic warscrolls so I could mount elves on these dragons 🥲

I hear ya. You could always proxy them as Phoenix in a Cities army! Mounted and unmounted. Or for Lumineth, Wind Spirits.

I wonder how easy that dragon armour is to remove, because I’d love to make some new Seraphon dinos out of them! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Thane said:

Don't lose faith Krulebros. There's a good chance this Rumour Engine is for Kruleboyz.

2020-10-27.jpg

With the last Whitefang comment about the Rumour Engines and the absence of confirmation of more Krule models, I lost my faith a few days ago.

18 hours ago, Chikout said:

I personally really hate the old Scyla. It's right up there with the razorgor as my least favourite sculpts. The new one is fine. 

As for today on the last three Mondays we have seen the AoS starters, the mouth of Mork and the Dragons. They all went up at 4pm UK time which is about an hour and a half from now. Really hoping we see the Drake riders today.

How dare you talk about my son (a Razorgor) that way

9 hours ago, Thane said:

Don't lose faith Krulebros. There's a good chance this Rumour Engine is for Kruleboyz.

2020-10-27.jpg

It's their aesthetic alright (and now we know that the vulture rumour engines fit too) but then it's also possible that it's for a Kruleboys WHU warband. Seems pretty likely that the new WHU season starter will be based around Primaris Stormcast vs Kruleboys, just as the first one was stormcast/khorne and the second stormcast/nighthaunt.

Cool for us WHU players but if you're looking for a unit of gnashtooth cavalry, gonna be disappointing.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

It's their aesthetic alright (and now we know that the vulture rumour engines fit too) but then it's also possible that it's for a Kruleboys WHU warband. Seems pretty likely that the new WHU season starter will be based around Primaris Stormcast vs Kruleboys, just as the first one was stormcast/khorne and the second stormcast/nighthaunt.

Cool for us WHU players but if you're looking for a unit of gnashtooth cavalry, gonna be disappointing.

I think once you realise that stormcast is the focus of the "destruction" edition and basically the start of all editions, you can scale back the expectations (but not be particularly happy about it).

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Maogrim said:

It's mostly about that. As uncool as I might personally find parts of Lumineth (hear me out, I'm in turn ok with everyone finding my army lame), they should get as many releases as their fans could want - but they already got a ton of new kits in their first release(s), so it should be way AFTER some other armies got some decent range expansions or first updates. Same goes IMO for SC but well, they're the posterboys... at least the new update is a decent upgrade.

To be fair, it also goes for all other factions with decent ranges of new minis, including the one I play. It's simply about balance in a way. Cause yes, IMO it's great that AoS doesn't have the "marine problem" but if they keep pushing certain factions, it's going to be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Look at Nurgle: For a time, Nurgle and Khorne got 95% of Chaos releases - does it baffle anyone that those two Gods were then the most-played and sold the best? I think not.

16 minutes ago, MitGas said:

It's mostly about that. As uncool as I might personally find parts of Lumineth (hear me out, I'm in turn ok with everyone finding my army lame), they should get as many releases as their fans could want - but they already got a ton of new kits in their first release(s), so it should be way AFTER some other armies got some decent range expansions or first updates. Same goes IMO for SC but well, they're the posterboys... at least the new update is a decent upgrade.

To be fair, it also goes for all other factions with decent ranges of new minis, including the one I play. It's simply about balance in a way. Cause yes, IMO it's great that AoS doesn't have the "marine problem" but if they keep pushing certain factions, it's going to be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Look at Nurgle: For a time, Nurgle and Khorne got 95% of Chaos releases - does it baffle anyone that those two Gods were then the most-played and sold the best? I think not.

It's the classic stupid reinforcement where GW pushes and caters to a few armies too much, so people stop buying the other relatively unsupported armies (with ancient or small model ranges). Then GW takes this as the armies not selling well but it's essentially because they don't put any effort into the armies to make them sell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Umbraneth Meltlords, that picture represents a new battleline unit. They coat their armour in cheese, any time they take a wound in melee roll a die. On a 6, the attacker takes a mortal wound (cheese is hot) and can't retreat from combat (cheese is sticky).

Edited by Ahlambra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2