The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Huh. But the titular Hanniver Toll was already a Witch Hunter for the Order of Azyr when that uprising happened? 

Maybe they intended that the order sent someone there other than Toll.

The order of Azyr is really old and was'nt formed recently iirc.

Or the reviewer did'nt know that and just thought that as it was formed recently.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

1 minute ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Midnight here, dont think ill make it.  I don't remember other reveals being this late

They've changed the time to be later in EU/UK on the last reveal, so its now at 6pm here, which is a better time for quite a lot of their audience I guess.

Honestly, I'd not mind if it was in the middle of the night for EU, as I hate watching twitch streams anyway and would rather just look over the contents on the following the blog post without seeing the millions of posts on social media about it before getting to seeing it first hand myself. I'd be happy to wake up and get to see the WarCom article first.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

They've changed the time to be later in EU/UK on the last reveal, so its now at 6pm here, which is a better time for quite a lot of their audience I guess.

Honestly, I'd not mind if it was in the middle of the night for EU, as I hate watching twitch streams anyway and would rather just look over the contents on the following the blog post without seeing the millions of posts on social media about it before getting to seeing it first hand myself. I'd be happy to wake up and get to see the WarCom article first.

Not sure about that I could watch a reveal at 15:00 here in europe and then have something in the evening this way I cannot watch it if I have any other evening activities. 

18:00-19:00 would be better during the work week not during the weekend.

4 minutes ago, Feii said:

Not sure about that I could watch a reveal at 15:00 here in europe and then have something in the evening this way I cannot watch it if I have any other evening activities. 

The old time was really early in the morning in America, now it's at noon where I live. I can watch it during my lunch break during the week, or sleep in on the weekend. Much more convenient for me.

Edited by EnumaEilish

Just now, EnumaEilish said:

The old time was really early in the morning in America, now it's at noon where I live. Much more convenient for me.

At the same time it is unwatchable for NZ Australia Asia

It was still 9 am for the east coast wasnt it? Idk you wont see it live because you were sleeping this way people in europe wont see it live brcause they have something else scheduled qt the same time. 

6 minutes ago, Feii said:

Aye weekends are a very silly time for things like this in my opinion. People are more likely to be free in the week 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Aidrox said:

Aye weekends are a very silly time for things like this in my opinion. People are more likely to be free in the week 

As a husband and father, I’m never free for things like this. So I just avoid social media and the GW site until I’ve had chance to watch it on twitch. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Feii said:

At the same time it is unwatchable for NZ Australia Asia

It was still 9 am for the east coast wasnt it? Idk you wont see it live because you were sleeping this way people in europe wont see it live brcause they have something else scheduled qt the same time. 

9 AM in the East Coast, but 6 AM in the West. Unfortunately, NZ, AUS, and Asia are only around 10% of GW's revenue, while North America is nearly 40%. North Ameria, UK, and Europe are nearly 90% of GW's revenue, so it makes sense to pick a compromise time that works okay for both regions. 18:00 UK time is 10:00 in the Western US and 20:00 in Eastern Europe, so it's something between prime time and moderately inconvenient for most of GW's customer base.

Edit: All times are Summer time, not sure how it works for countries that don't practice Daylight Savings.

Edit 2: Figured I'd source my revenue claims. Not sure about their ultimate sources https://www.statista.com/statistics/994065/games-workshop-sales-worldwide-region/

Edited by EnumaEilish

I mean these previews always have quite a lot of stalling and dead air, for an impatient type like me there's definitely something to be said for just looking at the rumour thread or the WarCom article after the fact and getting all the info in one go

Being teased by a corporation is broadly quite a tedious experience imo

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

8 minutes ago, Jefferson Skarsnik said:

I mean these previews always have quite a lot of stalling and dead air, for an impatient type like me there's definitely something to be said for just looking at the rumour thread or the WarCom article after the fact and getting all the info in one go

Being teased for your money is boring after a while, be it GW or strippers ...

• Haha 5

36 minutes ago, Aidrox said:

I still find it baffling that GW choose a Saturday morning to do pre-orders/releases, when they have no customer service staff on to deal with problem with online issues or stores are either not open at all or just opening their doors at 10 (5 minutes after things have gone up for pre-order and 7 minutes after everything has sold out). Not to mention, there is no real reason for GW to have preorders at all. Its one of the most archaic shopping experiences ever.

The only thing I can think off that they want people tuning in to twitch is that it keeps you in that warhammer bubble- there are people out that are planning their whole weekend around being able to tune into it tonight. It keeps customers locked in that warhammer mindset even when not actively being advertised too.

21 minutes ago, Jefferson Skarsnik said:

I'm the same, which is why I hate things like the rumour engine. I want to see the model/s & rules and decide if I want to buy them. A good percentage of the time, by the time we've seen the rumour engine bits time and time again, then shown the model, then shown them again at some other preview, then shown them the sunday before on WarCom, I'm totally sick of them by the time ordering comes up. I'd be far more impulsive if they went here's a model, here's the price.

I won't watch the twitch stream anyway as I hate twitch anyway and those videos are always a really poor way to show off models. Can't zoom in on details, can't take a good look at them with out all the flashy graphics, or chat or people talking over them or moving on from them too quickly. As interested as I am in seeing the new models, I'll go watch a film in a minute and wait for WarCom to put up a post or for someone to collate all the pictures here. If there is an interview I'll wait till I can download it from youtube and watch it at my own leisure.