The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

I have a feeling that with 3rd edition we might see a lot of armies increase in points while Slaanesh and Soulblight stay more or less the same. This edition seems to be borrowing a lot from 40k 9th and an overall increase in points was a change we saw there. 

I definitely see the removal of horde discounts coming. Gravelords is a horde faction (or at least LoN was) and that book does not feature any horde discounts or bonuses at all. If Skeletons and Zombies don't get horde discounts, then we really have to ask ourselves who should. That will make point costs rise for many armies.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I definitely see the removal of horde discounts coming. Gravelords is a horde faction (or at least LoN was) and that book does not feature any horde discounts or bonuses at all. If Skeletons and Zombies don't get horde discounts, then we really have to ask ourselves who should. That will make point costs rise for many armies.

Agree'd .... and this is probably a good thing in my opinion, but we'll see.

What concerns me, is the toning down of the "heal D3  / resurrect" mechanic.... If SBGL are having this toned down.... I'm not sure what that means for Idoneth :/

1 minute ago, CarkFish said:

Agree'd .... and this is probably a good thing in my opinion, but we'll see.

What concerns me, is the toning down of the "heal D3  / resurrect" mechanic.... If SBGL are having this toned down.... I'm not sure what that means for Idoneth :/

It's very hard to say. Legions of Nagash was probably the best army at healing/resurrecting troops before. Now you pretty much only get 1d3+3 healing and non-controllable half size unit resurrection.

I think the idea is to tone down healing, but bump up saves in the next edition. Gravelords has a lot of instances of high saves now, between most heroes and even some units being on a 3+. If the rumours of a charge reaction that gives +1 to saves and Mystic Shield doing the same are true, units will certainly become harder targets across the board.

If healing goes down and saves go up, mortal wounds will have to follow suit, though, otherwise they will end up becoming even stronger.

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It's very hard to say. Legions of Nagash was probably the best army at healing/resurrecting troops before. Now you pretty much only get 1d3+3 healing and non-controllable half size unit resurrection.

I think the idea is to tone down healing, but bump up saves in the next edition. Gravelords has a lot of instances of high saves now, between most heroes and even some units being on a 3+. If the rumours of a charge reaction that gives +1 to saves and Mystic Shield doing the same are true, units will certainly become harder targets across the board.

If healing goes down and saves go up, mortal wounds will have to follow suit, though, otherwise they will end up becoming even stronger.

Yeah.... I think sadly I just have to wait a month or two before I choose my faction.... times they are a changing

13 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

With even zombies having mortal wounds on hit, I don't have high hopes of that.

Just now, zilberfrid said:

Zombies are definitely a different case than some of the currently problematic mortal wound cannons, since they are super slow, frail, have bad reach and deal like 4 mortals per 20 guys on average. Getting them to deal significant damage requires a lot of effort.

If Zombies are a paradigm case of how mortal wounds will be handled going foreward, I'm OK with the direction.

1 hour ago, zamerion said:

Belladama 40e

radukar the beast 40e

annika / kritza 25e

direwolves 40e

start collecting 80e

Ouch, the characters are pricy if this is correct

Start Collecting looks like good value if you don't mind Grave Guard though

1 minute ago, zilberfrid said:

I'm with @Neil Arthur Hotep

With a max/min of +1 hit/wound, mw from zombies is the only thing that they offenisvely have (even if they can ignore the charge reaction with their 6" pile in). And it can't scale very well because +1atk is a rare than before (a batallion that could be removed, Vampire Lord CA and maybe Radukar CA).

On 5/15/2021 at 11:49 AM, Whitefang said:

Warclans may have new members! I doubt IJ will like these new lads!

I could be overthinking this but is the animosity rule comming back to give us the old O&G feels? This rule and random movement made the old army feel really alive and fun. 

13 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I'm with @Neil Arthur Hotep

With a max/min of +1 hit/wound, mw from zombies is the only thing that they offenisvely have (even if they can ignore the charge reaction with their 6" pile in). And it can't scale very well because +1atk is a rare than before (a batallion that could be removed, Vampire Lord CA and maybe Radukar CA).

18 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Zombies are definitely a different case than some of the currently problematic mortal wound cannons, since they are super slow, frail, have bad reach and deal like 4 mortals per 20 guys on average. Getting them to deal significant damage requires a lot of effort.

If Zombies are a paradigm case of how mortal wounds will be handled going foreward, I'm OK with the direction.

We'll have to see. Sentinels were published when at least an idea of 3.0 would have existed, and they are the worst ones. But then, I am always critical about GW's rulewriting, more so than other forumites.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Well, the scrolls for Zombies and Skeletons allow for significant amounts of healing.

5 minutes ago, CarkFish said:

Am I the only person that isnt excited for this new "Kruel Boyz" faction .... I'm hoping against hope that it's not true .... I really think kicking off 3.0 with a reboot of gitmob / more greenskins is a bit rubbish tbh .... 

I think it's gonna come down to execution a lot for me. If they're going for very traditional types of Warhammer Fantasy hobgoblins and normal orcs and stuff, I'm gonna be disappointed (and given the way Soulblight turned out, that doesn't seem unlikely), but if they, say... make them an army of big goblins where all of them are just covered in armour and spikes and blades, looking like Kirk, Knight of Thorns from Dark Souls, that I'd be excited for.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, CarkFish said:

Am I the only person that isnt excited for this new "Kruel Boyz" faction .... I'm hoping against hope that it's not true .... I really think kicking off 3.0 with a reboot of gitmob / more greenskins is a bit rubbish tbh .... 

To be honest, without seeing a single model, it's hard for me to be excited. Swamp/bog theme is one I quite like, but wolves and steppes I like even more. I guess I'll judge them after we, well actually see anything significant

Edited by GenericEdgyName
Lacked one space between words which bothered me

15 minutes ago, CarkFish said:

If there are Fimir in there, I'm hella excited! If not, I would've preferred for them to expand on Ironjawz personally. Not because I don't think the new faction will be cool but because I know my friend who plays IJ wouldn't want to buy into another Orruk faction and then he'd still be stuck with the same 5 kits... meanwhile our GG player has a huge range of cool new minis...

Personally though, I've always found splitting O&G apart was a horrible decision. I love that they got more kits that way but O&G is a match made in.... somewhere. So I was sad to see them not be a single faction anymore. So perhaps that new faction will be just what I like - too bad though I'll likely never get to play against them, as I can't imagine either our IJ or our Gitz player would want to collect a different army now.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I really hope 3.0 is for updating existing Factions and with Ghur and Beasts being the focus I hope that falls on Destruction getting the major releases. 

I'll be realistic and assume that the Sons of Behemat wont get a new Mega Gargant this Edition, everyone knows I would love nothing more but to temper my expectations I'll not expect anything. BUT I would love an updated Mancrusher pleaaaase.

With the new 'Morruk' Faction it will be interesting to see if its bundled into Warclans, because if its is I'll honestly be happy about it. Give the Ironjawz an armoured Crossbow unit and Siege weapon, a Warboss on Gore Grunta and a Gore Grunta Chariot and they would be in an incredible place. Same goes for Savage Orruks, update the monopose battleline and give them a new unit or two and they would be sweet.

Gloomspite, MOAR TROGGOTHS. We've heard of the Sulphur breath so they would be a great addition alongside some form of Cavlary such as Centipede riders.

Ogors I believe have the most work to be done to them. Introduce the Firebellies as a full sub faction. Update the Gluttons, Ironguts and Leadbelchers, Frost Sabres, Icebrow Hunter, Butcher, Slaughtermaster, Icefall Yehtees and Gorger.

For new units give them most Beasts, a Giant Ground Sloth or Mammoth/Mastodon centrepiece model. Imagine a Howdah full of Ogors with Crossbows on the back of Giant Sloth!! 

I'm so damn hyped for 3.0!!

Excellent suggestions, would love expanded firebellies for a fire and ice army. My minimalist ask would be to give the leadbelchers cannons more than 1 damage! D3 is swingy but appropriate. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

19 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Personally though, I've always found splitting O&G apart was a horrible decision. I love that they got more kits that way but O&G is a match made in.... somewhere.

I see it exactly opposite. Now, after separation, goblins can thrive can expand and depict their very personality.

When they were part of orcs they were in my opinion treated as handicapped addons, a nuisance. Now Gloomspite Gitz are a great force on their own. I'm a happy owner of GG and would hate if they were merged again with orcs.

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, CarkFish said:

I’m not excited for them much either, especially if it’s just basic the same old gitmob/greenskin look which we’ve had forever in warhammer.  I’d much rather Ironiaws get some love as they only have a whopping 3 units to choose from.

But if we are actually getting some unique swampy hobgoblin like creatures I’m all in.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JPjr said:

Also I've noticed whilst it's been said that the new BT has been designed with AoS3 in mind, I haven't actually seen anyone point anything out in the book that really gives us any clue what about it is that makes it so

In the back of my mind they eluded to this book being AoS3 ready on one of the streams - that may be me misremembering though 🤣

The rest is down to us seeing things that haven't ever happened in other armies - points in multiples of 5 and no horde discounts haven't ever occurred in an AoS2 army

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

In the back of my mind they eluded to this book being AoS3 ready on one of the streams - that may be me misremembering though 🤣

The rest is down to us seeing things that haven't ever happened in other armies - points in multiples of 5 and no horde discounts haven't ever occurred in an AoS2 army

Several of the newer books, Daughters of Khaine for example, also lack Horde Discounts.