The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

And Destruction continues without any type of presence in the Broken Realms books... I'm so sad right now. 

Destruction is the Black Sheep of the series at present indeed. I do think though that something is coming for them, its just a long-ways off. 

That said I don't mind seeing GW doubling down and beefing up a few smaller armies and giving us something like vampires which have been hinted of for a long time. Get those things out of the way and leave the slate open for Destruction. GW has certainly been holding thus huge siege on sigmar's realmgate by the Orruks over us for a long time in the setting. 

11 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

And Destruction continues without any type of presence in the Broken Realms books... I'm so sad right now. 

Things are clearly being built up for Excelsis, whether that's a new Broken Realms book - or several - and perhaps even being the 'focus' of 3.0 in the same way Death shared the Red Headed Step Child spot alongside of them until 2.0. I'm one of the most cynical posters here, but I'm optimistic about seeing some good stuff for them into 2022.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Triple posted somehow.

Impressive. 

@Nezzhil luckily we only know the contents of the first. And only what they told of the second. So they could still have a part to play in the next. 
maybe nothing more than the vampire/malereon cameo at the end of the first book. maybe something more solid.
but destruction is sure to claim their time in the sun. 

also for a different perspective: destruction got the biggest release 2020. 
Everything is possible after that release  

• Thanks 1

Going by the Broken Realms Short Story "The Squint" and "The Clobbering", plus the TONS of hints in past supplements, White Dwarf Tomes Celesital and  recent Destruction Battletomes like SoB, Destruction will get a huge lore treatment with the Siege of Excelsis quite soon !

Let's hope it is a full model release treatment :P 

--

Today was amazing. I absolutely loved Silver Tower and Blackstone Fortress, rules were nice, models were AMAZING. Can't wait to see what's happening in Ulfenkarn !!!

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

Anyone else but me got the vibe that maybe the winged Soulblight vampire from the Crimson Court won’t be a hero but a normal unit warrior in the Soulblight faction?

I kind of hope not. Part of me fears the Inverse Rule of Ninja will kick in.

I am a little old fashioned in wanting vampires to be rare, powerful creatures with different servant creatures filling the mid to low tier ranks.

When i see lots of vampires kicking around in a setting they tend to be little more than fodder for side-kicks to murderize. 

But the models look great. Day one purchase without doubt.

52 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

@Overread @Clan's Cynic@Neil Arthur Hotep @Kramer Thanks for cheer me up!

I don't want rules, I only want to have a bit of presence in the biggest campaign ever released. If the Realms are gonna be Broken, Destruction must be a important part of these events. 🤤

It feels to me like they're building to Destruction being the key Alliance in the 3.0 Narrative with the Siege of Excelsis.

1.0 Order vs Chaos 

2.0 Order vs Death

3.0 Order vs Destruction?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

image.png.471e6a32039239b9633a06e9fb6b128c.png
thee es helmet looks like Tyrion‘s

I was thinking the same thing.  Those wings are iconic for him. Especially with the plume like Teclis. You can also see there is a sword behind the sunburst. Perhaps an allusion to sunfang?

2 hours ago, KK9T said:

That would be awesome. 

I mean take a look at all the other Shadespire/Direschasm warbands all (well most) of them include a model that in AOS would be some sort of rank and file unit.

No need for Crimson Court to be any different and if so the winged sucker, would be the most obvious choice. Also he looks less hero like compared to the others.

4 minutes ago, Souleater said:

I kind of hope not....

While I agree with you that hopefully the  Soulblight Gravelords faction will contain, zombies, wolves, bats and other crazy shenanigans, I think that there is room for some minor vampire/thrall units too. I mean even Dracula has a small army of lesser vampires.

Anyway I gotta admit Im mostly in it for the zombies. Though the new Vampires sure look nice.

So, 2021 begins with : 

Battletome Hedonites Of Slaanesh : with Lord Glutos, Sigvald, Shardspeaker, Myrmidesh/Twinsoul, Blissbarb/Seeker, Archers, Slaangors (coming right after the Lord of Pain and Direchasm). 

Battletome Daughters Of Khaine : with Endless spells (coming right after a new Melusai Heroes coming argonide BR : Morathi)

Broken Realms : Teclis : with fox-spirith Sevireth, dual build Vanari Regent, Hurakan windchargers, Bladelords, Bolt thrower, and at least 4 on foot / floaty heroes (Ninja pose, Banner guy, and two others). 

Aaaaand before June we'll get 6 new Warhammer Underworlds classy warbands, including those Vampires 😍 Later this year we'll also get WARHAMMER QUEST : CURSED CITY (which looks absolutely ding-dong), and a new Vampire Lord for the Soulblight Gravelords faction (new battletome or LoN remplacement ?). 

.... That's not even counting Warcry. 

I mean, yeah. BRING IT ONNN 

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

I think that there is room for some minor vampire/thrall units too. I mean even Dracula has a small army of lesser vampires

On the Warcry Facebook I made the comment that they are the start of a fun proxy/kitbash cities warband. And that you just need to add some vampires with rifles. 

And now that’s all that I want. Exactly like you say, minor vampire/thralls clad in a lighter but still baroque armour. With lock fire rifles. Losing control if they ever come into melee and giving into bloodlust until the end of the battle. Unable to use their rifles. 

21 minutes ago, Eldarain said:

It feels to me like they're building to Destruction being the key Alliance in the 3.0 Narrative with the Siege of Excelsis.

1.0 Order vs Chaos 

2.0 Order vs Death

3.0 Order vs Destruction?

This is also why I assume we will get SCE one more time for a Starer set as that way they will have had them combat each of the grand Alliances. I hope that I am wrong and it is something Stormcast Adjacent like Cities of Sigmar or Devouted of Sigmar. I think that would be a nice compromise and could even include a Stormcast hero and or unit. 

I also think that the Siege of Excelsis will have massive ramifications on the game even by making all of the realms (including the Eightpoints) playable. 

4 hours ago, Dracan said:

Reckon the 4 characters here are a representation of the good/alive city administration team.

Which have subsequently been turned into evil undead monsters. Hence eye patch halberd skeleton and defiled silenthill grave digger, and from rumour engine the ghoul/vampire knight sward arm. Critters and keys might just be the accountant type bottom left.

The fifth undead Character will probably be the wolf pelt king.

For what its worth, the one with the cat has a similar beard to the draugr thing from the New Year's teaser. I could also see him being a necromancer though.