The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Wobbly said:

While I would love a big expansion of the Ironjawz ( and a redone Bonesplitterz) I wouldn't be surprised if GW would continue with the Orruk Warclans setup they have by launching "basic" orruks. These orruks could that take enough visually design hints from both Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz to tie them all better together while diversifying the range.

The path forwards for orruks are decided by if they are kept united in a tome or if they'll get split up again. Either way (as I see it) will reflect on how them all, a subfaction or a specific theme is brought forwards as the future.

And the way the rules are written (keyword buff/synergy spam), people will then have 3 mini Orruk factions that don't really get fielded together (compared to the 2 that don't get mixed - except for the now nerfed arrow boys). This wouldn't help Orruk players much as they really shot themselves in the foot with lists relying too much on synergy... I think IJ are the perfect example of how to NOT update armies (especially hugely diverse forces such as Orks&Goblins, I'm not talking about the lore or great minis but the choice to turn Orruks into very few kits). The Goblin part got done much better than the Ork part.

• Like 1

Wouldn't that be solved by giving this third potential faction both the ironjawz and bonesplitterz keyword?

Granted I'm a collector and not a gamer so I'm totally out of the loop when it comes to rules but your criticism seems to be about how the current rules (and tome) is written. Making the third potential faction fully integrated (ruleswise) wouldn't that solve it?

Any case all of this is pure speculation and wishlisting so no one beside GW knows how it'll go.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wobbly said:

While I would love a big expansion of the Ironjawz ( and a redone Bonesplitterz) I wouldn't be surprised if GW would continue with the Orruk Warclans setup they have by launching "basic" orruks. These orruks could that take enough visually design hints from both Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz to tie them all better together while diversifying the range.

If they bring Greenskins(z?) back after squat'ing them I'd laugh my ****** off.

58 minutes ago, Wobbly said:

Wouldn't that be solved by giving this third potential faction both the ironjawz and bonesplitterz keyword?

Granted I'm a collector and not a gamer so I'm totally out of the loop when it comes to rules but your criticism seems to be about how the current rules (and tome) is written. Making the third potential faction fully integrated (ruleswise) wouldn't that solve it?

Any case all of this is pure speculation and wishlisting so no one beside GW knows how it'll go.

That's a good solution, nice thinking! Then again, it would help to just remove the keywords (and simply have Orruk Warclans or whatever) in the first place and adjust warscrolls and other abilities accordingly IMO. Cause else players will always get punished too much for not running hyper-focused lists... 

• Like 1

He's going to stub his toe on that rock!!!!!

Also this is your friendly reminder - PREVIEW TODAY! In just under 30minutes from now the preview will start on twitch. Typically the first 10-15 mins will be the staff chatting and getting things sorted out and the first actual preview videos will start rolling roughly on the hour - 2pm GMT or just before. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Overread said:

He's going to stub his toe on that rock!!!!!

Also this is your friendly reminder - PREVIEW TODAY! In just under 30minutes from now the preview will start on twitch. Typically the first 10-15 mins will be the staff chatting and getting things sorted out and the first actual preview videos will start rolling roughly on the hour - 2pm GMT or just before. 

Getting it set up on the big TV to see everything up close :D