The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Sance said:

I also think Divine is for 40k, Dead is for us obviously.

I'm fully expecting the famous zombies-draugr we saw in the First of january trailer with his friends. I doubt it will be vampirates (but i want it reall bad).

On the other hand we have a vampire warband coming...

So Hum... Zombies and Vampire noble ? Pretty sure zombies are garanted, the subtitle of the event is DEAD

Are Zombie Space Marines not a thing? I am guessing a new Space Marine Chapter and a new Edition of 40k.

In all seriousness I assume you are right but once again I naturally assumed Divine was for Slaanesh... so I would assume I am wrong.

31 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Are Zombie Space Marines not a thing? I am guessing a new Space Marine Chapter and a new Edition of 40k.

In all seriousness I assume you are right but once again I naturally assumed Divine was for Slaanesh... so I would assume I am wrong.

Can be zombies Space Marine, i didn't know much about 40k since i don't Care about the grim dark futur.

Divine is in gold letters, i don't think it's slaneesh coulours ! Maybe order of azyr.

Make sense with the New dead factions, but i think it's too soon for another army preview for AoS. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RocketPropelledGrenade said:

Speaking of Underworlds warbands, just noticed the article today said we will be seeing previews for Khagra's Ravagers this week--hype!

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for that. It's a shame we won't get them in January as was the initial release schedule though. There hasn't been an Underworlds band I have been nearly as excited for.

In terms of Dead and Divine. I think we will probably see either the Underworlds band of Vampires, or an Undead Warcry band, either of which will give us a hint to the upcoming AoS faction. I'm thinking Divine will be two fold and probably show off new Ecclesiarchy miniatures for Sisters of Battle and an Order of Azyr Warband for Warcry.

Why so much Warcry? Because the game is pretty popular, GW has been pushing it, and we have no outstanding previews at all for what is coming next for the game. If you look at the map in the Catacombs book, I'm guessing most of those icons on it are factions that GW is planning on eventually making warbands for.  Also Vampire Hunters/Order of Azyr would fit in really well as a Warcry band.

Why so little AoS? GW generally doesn't like to hype up or reveal a new army when a major release for that game system is around the corner. We could see a new Broken Realms book previewed I think.

Just my two cents anyways.

New LoN or Soulblight battletome for sure!! With lots of models, like all the armies of the last days of the editions have. I´m so hyped!!!

And about divine... Maybe SoB (and that come with the new 40k battlebox) or the new lumineths. It can be related with the name of the new BR book, maybe Tyrion is looking for Mannfred, yo know, he had a daughter...

Hey, I'm late to the party. So : 

"Dead" (written in BLOOD) is probably a new Boxed game :  Vampires + undead minions (inc. new Zombies) vs some Witch hunter. Or a Legions of Vampire Counts book for AOS.  Or "just" the WHU Vampire band, which ALSO could be shown during the preview ( but I don't think they'd name the preview after just one WHU warband....).

"Divine" is either Ecclesiarchy for Kill Team or boxed game or Sororitas new wave, or Lumineth 2nd waves, or something else like Witch hunter (Order of Azyr / Devoted of Sigmar) as a proper faction (my dearest wish. Also with a map of Azyr). SCE and Custodes seem off for now. 

--

RE : Broken Realm. 

This week should see another Short story (as it's every two weeks, Wednesday for those with newsletter, or else Friday on WarCom). 

Either it contains hints of the next installment (while the first fives were tied to BR : Morathi), or we have a full article previewing the new book (IMO featuring either Teclis / Slaanesh / Gordrakk). 

• Like 5

Largely think similar to many of you.  I think the dead part of the reveal is going to be a Deadwalker update, so zombies etc.  It would be amazing to have vampires there too as they did with one of the old Vampire Count Warhammer Armies books (Vlad?), but personally I'd rather have an entire Soulblight update so you can actually run a proper vampire contingent to an army.  This weekend may only be an Underworlds/Warcry warband though.  Divine 

I do think Warhammer Quest is going to be redone at some point, I'm not convinced that we'll get that revealed this weekend though.

• Like 4

If we're getting the BR update news this week, I would imagine the next BR book won't be the Neferata Death update if they're teasing the models and release as part of the Saturday reveal.

Which means only one thing.

ITS TIME TO SMASH UP THE GATES BOYZ MEATS BACK ON THE MENU 

- Gordrakk, probably.

Yeah I'm kind of hoping for a quest game as well as/instead of a full vamp faction - the vampire hunter fitting in with that. The Divine is probably the Ecclesiarchy [hopefully for Killteam vs Squats.. ok maybe over hoping there...😇].

Really intrigued with where the BR storyline will go next..

A bit late to the party, but I also want to put down some predicitons:

For "Dead", it's got to be the AoS Death stuff we have been seeing for months now. I still think the "new Death army" is a LoN update/rework. Narratively, it seems to be vampire focussed. At least that's what has been set up in Broken Realms with Ven Brecht. Plus, we have seen that vampire hunter teaser. But there are also a lot of hints for other Death subfactions we have seen, like what people are calling a the Draugr and the birdhouse zombie from the Halloween teaser. There are less definitive hints of Deathrattle models, too, such as the skeletal looking model from the new year's teasers and some of the rumour engines with their callbacks to the Black Knight kit. The variety of different Death things makes me think we will not see a former LoN subfaction be built out into a full army (no dedicated Soulblight or Deadwalker faction), but an overall rework of LoN.

Now, for what we will see specifically in this reveal show: I think it's still too early to reveal that we are getting a new battletome, since Hedonites is not yet out (or even really being previewed on the website). I think it's more likely that we will see teasers of supplementary releases, like a dual box, Warcry warband or the Vampire Underworlds warband. I think a proper reveal will come later. In late February or so.

For "Divine", I agree with most of the people here that it will probably be 40k ecclesiarchy. But if it is AoS, I think the most "divine" faction we have is actually Stormcast. There are one or two rumor engines of Stormcast stuff still unsolved, as well.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep

What I'm curious about is how these delays and lack of announcements are going to effect Broken Realms and, by extension, 3.0's release. It's not impossible that 3.0 isn't actually coming out this year - seems unlikely that it's not, but the three year cycle is a recent thing and prior to that it was anyone's guess - and maybe Broken Realms could be stretched out over the span of two years, but I'm doubtful of that.

Psychic Awakening was delayed due to the pandemic, which meant they just rapid-fired the books out the door in a clump. Whilst they could do that for BR, it seems odd they'd have such a gap between Morathi and now (the second book not even being announced yet) if that were their plan, plus they've had a long period in which to plan out how they were going to do this (as opposed to the second half of PA releasing during the pandemic).

It makes me wonder if BR is going to have less books, be released rapid-fired or if 3.0 is further out than we might've expected.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

18 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

What I'm curious about is how these delays and lack of announcements are going to effect Broken Realms and, by extension, 3.0's release. It's not impossible that 3.0 isn't actually coming out this year - seems unlikely that it's not, but the three year cycle is a recent thing and prior to that it was anyone's guess - and maybe Broken Realms could be stretched out over the span of two years, but I'm doubtful of that.

Psychic Awakening was delayed due to the pandemic, which meant they just rapid-fired the books out the door in a clump. Whilst they could do that for BR, it seems odd they'd have such a gap between Morathi and now (the second book not even being announced yet) if that were their plan, plus they've had a long period in which to plan out how they were going to do this (as opposed to the second half of PA releasing during the pandemic).

It makes me wonder if BR is going to have less books, be released rapid-fired or if 3.0 is further out than we might've expected.

I can't imagine they planned a 3 month gap between every BR release. I think it's more likely that the second one was just delayed because they need to get too many things out first. It might have rules for the new Hedonite and Lumineth models, for example.

GW kinda hit a hard wall in December also. The big Death Guard Pre-order for this month was supposed to already be out a month ago, and that was a last minute delay.

1 hour ago, madmac said:

I can't imagine they planned a 3 month gap between every BR release.

Why ? It seems like a healthy time period (if not minimum) to actually even have a chance to see and use new things before a new book comes.

• Like 1

Corona hit fast when it hit last year and GW was already well along with orders and shipments for Indomitus. They basically couldn't put the brakes on without taking a loss and having a huge mess on their hands. GW also doesn't have to obey any year cycle for their games - if anything the duration an edition lasts is constantly variable.

With Corona causing problems for so long now and easily shutting down big gamer gatherings and such for most of 2021 (if we are VERY lucky we might start to see things getting normal again come winter) its not a good year for a new edition. GW also has had time to shift things around; they could easily now have adjusted and if a new edition was set for this year they could have changed it all around. 

GW has wriggling room to work with things now and with their release pattern slowed down (or at least spread out to twice a month) they can buy time to stretch out releases. They are also not hurting for sales; in fact they can't keep up. So there's no panic pressure for them to get stuff out super fast. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, eciu said:

Why ? It seems like a healthy time period (if not minimum) to actually even have a chance to see and use new things before a new book comes.

For starters, even assuming only 5 BR books, that would be a 15 month release cycle assuming no delays. That would mean Morathi is November, with the series wrapping up around February 2022. That's an insanely prolonged release cycle by modern standards, and ends in a place that makes no sense for 3rd edition.

The Psychic Awakening series had smaller releases, but there were 9 of them releasing about one/month before lockdown, which forced them to release them in even faster bunches.

For Broken Realms, I imagine the plan was ~5 books, released every two months, give or take.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

Corona hit fast when it hit last year and GW was already well along with orders and shipments for Indomitus. They basically couldn't put the brakes on without taking a loss and having a huge mess on their hands. GW also doesn't have to obey any year cycle for their games - if anything the duration an edition lasts is constantly variable.

With Corona causing problems for so long now and easily shutting down big gamer gatherings and such for most of 2021 (if we are VERY lucky we might start to see things getting normal again come winter) its not a good year for a new edition. GW also has had time to shift things around; they could easily now have adjusted and if a new edition was set for this year they could have changed it all around. 

GW has wriggling room to work with things now and with their release pattern slowed down (or at least spread out to twice a month) they can buy time to stretch out releases. They are also not hurting for sales; in fact they can't keep up. So there's no panic pressure for them to get stuff out super fast. 

I could see them pushing back 3rd edition a few months, but I think you are greatly underestimating the time pressures of getting everything into place for something as huge as a new edition launch. There's literally no bigger or more important releases for them, and it's a huge effort that has to be coordinated across all levels of the company. It's not like you can move up things intended to release post new-edition, either.

Great to see all the people associating Divine with Lumineth. And they told me our propaganda isn’t working, pah. 

I think if at all AoS related, it should be Azyr, either with an Order of Azyr (Sigmar is becoming really desperate right now probably, so why not unleash his paramilitary groups and fanatics ... or another chamber of Stormcast of course).

I still hope though we see a little bit more about the Lumineth the showed us a few weeks ago.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

If the release of AoS 3.0 is supposed to be the culmination of the Broken Realms storyline, I would think the next edition will almost certainly need to be delayed until next year. I don't think GW has the option to trim down and speed up the narrative of Broken Realms significantly. The release schedule for the next few battletomes and faction updates just seems too strongly connected to the narrative of Broken Realms.

Hedonites, for example, were first teased in a rumor engine in March of last year. But they had to delay the army until the Broken Realms narrative had progressed far enough to release them. They were almost certainly planned to come out shortly after Sons of Behemat in 2019, which we know also got delayed by probably 6 months. And now, we are seeing them delayed again in relation to their GWs revised schedule: Since the Hedonites coin they are distributing in GW stores was for January, it's a fairly safe bet that they were originally trying to get the new Slaanesh mortals in stores for that month.

Plus, GW will probably want to release a new edition of AoS at the beginning of their fiscal year. I believe that means July for them? They are definitely not finishing up Broken Realms by summer of this year.

1 hour ago, madmac said:

I can't imagine they planned a 3 month gap between every BR release. I think it's more likely that the second one was just delayed because they need to get too many things out first. It might have rules for the new Hedonite and Lumineth models, for example.

Not to mention that the time between the announcement of Broken Realms and the release of the first book was also likely longer than intended. We are probably both behind schedule to start and releasing books more slowly than intended as far as Broken Relams is concerned.

10 hours ago, Sance said:

Can be zombies Space Marine, i didn't know much about 40k since i don't Care about the grim dark futur.

Divine is in gold letters, i don't think it's slaneesh coulours ! Maybe order of azyr.

Make sense with the New dead factions, but i think it's too soon for another army preview for AoS. 

I was being facetious, I have a tendency to sit down for these previews and twiddlw my thumbs throug 15 minutes of Space Marine. Usually it will be a Space Marine with a sword and then they go back to the hosts saying "did you ever think we would get Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo on the tabletop?".  I don't think that Zombie Space Marines are a thing but like you I am not certain. I don't explicitly hate the split focus or the Space Marine reveals but I am trying to temper my expectations as my immediate response to the title was assuming it was two announcements for AOS. But I definitely think it is going to be a shared announcement. Maybe divine will have double meaning and we might get multiple announcements for AoS and one big announcement for 40k? 

• Haha 1