The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Overread said:

WARNING

A bunch of Legion of Azgorh models from Forgeworld have just been removed from sale. 

Hoath the Ashen
Blacksahrd Warhost
Infernal Guard Ironsworn
Bull centaur execution herd

Are all gone from the UK store. Its' very likely other models from the range will also be removed in time and might well only be there until current stocks are gone. If you want them get them from Forgeworld now.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk

If you are concerned about this then I'd encourage you to email FW and leave a polite message regarding your support of the range and other fantasy models that FW produces for AoS. Remember though that the biggest way to show support is by actually buying FW models and showing that there's financial gain for FW from the AoS market. 

RIP in peace, Chorfs. Hope you get a proper AoS release next time.

Seriously, though: Stuff like this makes is so incredibly unattractive to buy into forgeworld factions. It's like a vicious circle: You don't want to buy in in case they are not popular and get discontinued, and they get discontinued because they are not popular enough toblockquotelockquote widget

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 9

Saw this on facebook, bummed me out real bad. Literally all they need to do keep the line alive is release a new weapon set or head set, or even a new model. 

And As I’ve heard before, Tamurkhan, the plague ogres, fimir, trolls and even the merwyrm could have all been repurposed as a new Swamp type force for Chaos with various allegiances. But instead of characterful models  and detailed monster for fantasy we get - BC375DFF-B9E6-412F-B434-38E7E3BB84F5.jpeg.0dc6e2ea710d8f48fb9e2f504c9b92a6.jpeg

Uri V here doesn’t hold a candle to Drazhoath.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Saw this on facebook, bummed me out real bad. Literally all they need to do keep the line alive is release a new weapon set or head set, or even a new model. 

And As I’ve heard before, Tamurkhan, the plague ogres, fimir, trolls and even the merwyrm could have all been repurposed as a new Swamp type force for Chaos with various allegiances. But instead of characterful models  and detailed monster for fantasy we get - BC375DFF-B9E6-412F-B434-38E7E3BB84F5.jpeg.0dc6e2ea710d8f48fb9e2f504c9b92a6.jpeg

Agreed, i bought my Tamurkhan, bile troggoths, ogors and plague toads a couple of years ago and by the time i started painting them they discontinued the line. By the time i manage to get them up for a game, their warscrolls will all be in an unsupported Legacy pdf without the Nurgle keyword.

But someone at the design team though "Hey, let's make a miniature of Manu Bennett in ultramarine armor"

Edited by Infernalslayer
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Forge world gonna almost 100% for sure release chaos dwarfs in the old world,so i guess its stupid have old resin sculps when they gonna produce new plastic units.

I dont like khaos,but i love dwarfs,so i hope hey dont be deleted and get a revamp

51 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I'd bet money on GW releasing a proper Chaos Dwarf army in the future.

I wouldn't.

The same thing was being said about Renegades & Heretics when they got the chop. Sure there was the Blackstone Fortress Traitor Guard, but they were visually spiky Cadians, one unit at that, plus a couple of commanders (which went OOP pretty quick).

Chaos Dwarfs Duradin are an obvious choice to flesh out the Grand Alliance of course, but Forge World squat'ing them isn't necessarily indicative of something coming from GW anytime soon - see also the mass squat'ing of a bunch of 30k stuff.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

RIP in peace, Chorfs. Hope you get a proper AoS release next time.

Seriously, though: Stuff like this makes is so incredibly unattractive to buy into forgeworld factions. It's like a vicious circle: You don't want to buy in in case they are not popular and get discontinued, and they get discontinued because they are not popular enough toblockquotelockquote widget

Amen to that, as a Chorf fan who never really dared to dabble in the FW stuff because of pricing and the perennial "What if everything I have is squatted with no warning?". Really wish they'd see a plastic release some day...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kronos said:

He's a Black Library model tied to a character whose one of the more popular 40k characters (and has beena round for decades), so it affects nothing for regular releases.

The hair sculpt is a bit of a miss but I'm not sure how you're supposed to sculpt a fade.

Edited by Fulkes
  • Like 1

I bet the remaining kits are gonna get rolled into existing factions. Bull Centaurs will go BoC, Infernal Guard and the Iron Daemon War engine will get rolled into STD, and K'dai fireborn already fit into legion of chaos ascendent, but might get another keyword too.

22 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

I bet the remaining kits are gonna get rolled into existing factions. Bull Centaurs will go BoC, Infernal Guard and the Iron Daemon War engine will get rolled into STD, and K'dai fireborn already fit into legion of chaos ascendent, but might get another keyword too.

I genuinely doubt we'll even see that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't forget GW will often seed ideas that never get made. Skaven and Grots riding Khadoran Airships; Eldar riding Seraphon (lizardmen) monsters etc... Sometimes they are ideas GW never gets around to making (they've been teasing Exodites for what nearly 30 years now?). 

20 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

I like this route. It gives some other factions some additional units to look into getting. Though perhaps this is just the start and more removal is on the way.