The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

There might be a chance where the skaven actually become the whole bad guys for the 3rd edition.

it kinda fits perfectly.

Slaanesh breaks out, the elves fight back trying to bind him again, while the other chaos gods (especially khorne) will be furious of the return of slaanesh, and will try to either destroy him or take-steal the territories of the slaanesh mortal brethren who left those place unguarded because they kinda want to help their own god.

while the stormcast and whatever hasn’t been mentioned yet will try and stop the slaanesh in any way possible.

And as unlucky as the order faction are a huge tide of hated green-things will try and destroy the gares to azyr or whatever they are doing, occupying the stormcast and certain citizen to that event, keeping them away from their allies, who are already in a tied spot of fighting off the chaos invasion(s).

While the  rats who waited for an eternity (literally) jump-scurry up into the upper layers of the realms, take -stealing territories of both the chaos, order, destruction and Death allegiances, and backstabbing their so called chaos allies, who were weakened by infighting.

and with the return of a truly chaotic faction, we will (hopefully) finally see those 75% of needed model line update we have been waiting for almost 31years.

ps: just wish-listing and guessing, so I have no idea if this is what will happen.

I would love for Skaven to be the main antagonists for 3.0. Any Clan of Skaven or Greenskinz for that matter. Give me some classic rivalries!! A new Duardin Faction facing off against a resculpted Skaven, updated Free Cities against Orruk Warclans!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Dreddships said:

Nagash just had a whole edition and all he ended up doing was doing his best Skeletor impression.

Yeah I know, it ruled.

(It did rule but more seriously Nagash hasn't really been obviously doing much himself throughout 2nd ed. after all the Necroquake stuff around Malign Portents. By and large it's been his proxies in the form of Lady Olynder and Katakros acting as the movers and shakers in stuff like Forbidden Power or Wrath of the Everchosen. That's partly a function of them being the new hotness of course and it's perhaps appropriate that Nagash is more of a distant "grand plan" figure but it's surprising how little a direct part he's played since Malign Portents.)

That said I am very onboard with skaven as a grand out-of-left-field big Thing, not least because it offers Nagash even more OTT "curse those vile rodents!!!" moments.

• Like 3

I agree that the rat probably goes with the raven, my suspicion is probably as part of the same character model (a jailer, perhaps?  Or even a freer of shackles) if only because I don't know if 'animals with keys' is very likely to show up as a motif across a whole army.  Kind of gothic imagery though, so my bet's still on vampires of some sort.

Edited by Lucentia
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I would love for Skaven to be the main antagonists for 3.0. Any Clan of Skaven or Greenskinz for that matter. Give me some classic rivalries!! A new Duardin Faction facing off against a resculpted Skaven, updated Free Cities against Orruk Warclans!!

Lets be honest Skaven are the true threat in fantasy and AOS they are more successful than the Chaos Gods (so much so that they added a new one for them). I think that the idea of them becoming the overt threat is a problem though. I like the idea of all these massive warriors and immortal gods just over looking the Ratmen who are the true spanner's in the works. Archaon is never as accomplished in his machinations than a bunch of rats. I see people arguing that Tyranids in 40k represent a larger threat than Chaos well Skaven have more to show for it and decided to align with Chaos anyway.

These rumour engines are really cool and I truly hope that they represent a line refresh for Legions of Nagash. I hope that it has a clearer aesthetic unity and a better concept than just Nagash's Legions considering that rules wise he seems more in line with OBR now. I would honestly like a return to the Vampire Counts moniker but I am doubtful.  

• Like 2

Another key makes for an interesting rumour engine... would be cool if it was another warhammer quest where the animals with keys represent unlocked chambers or something like that. Allthough I think the warhammer quest models tend to not have sculpted bases. That is something we always see in underworlds models though... 

I’m hoping a lot of these advent calendar pictures will be revealed once te calendar is done. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, elfhead said:

Another key makes for an interesting rumour engine... would be cool if it was another warhammer quest where the animals with keys represent unlocked chambers or something like that. Allthough I think the warhammer quest models tend to not have sculpted bases. That is something we always see in underworlds models though... 

I’m hoping a lot of these advent calendar pictures will be revealed once te calendar is done. 

Yeah- could be scenery pieces rather than basing? Thinking this looks like releases for the first quarter of 2021 ..

6 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

I woulds also like to see Seraphon drive the plot fowards. They have so much potential but are an effective 0 when it comes to moving the plot.

On the topic of classic rivalries and skaven, them and seraphon in a 3.0 starter set would be perfection. I would literally die from happiness. So many updated sculpts they could do. Just realised how much I'd love it

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, GenericEdgyName said:

On the topic of classic rivalries and skaven, them and seraphon in a 3.0 starter set would be perfection. I would literally die from happiness. So many updated sculpts they could do. Just realised how much I'd love it

I'd love to see those two get a MAJOR update. Cool, totally unique concepts that desperately need new sculpts. It would be a match made in heaven.