The Rumour Thread

21 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

It resembles a walking scarecrow to me. I'm immediately reminded of the Grymkin from Warmahordes. Sort of like a very 'fairy tale monsters personified' model line.

26 minutes ago, Overread said:

That or perhaps its a scarecrow and GW are following Privateer Press's Grimkin in making a scarecrow style twisted dead/monster/horror army.

Fairytale Monster army could be a good bet!! Recently the Gloomspite and Sons of Behemat were definitely Fairy Tale related. Either way it looks incredible I cannot wait to see what this new Unit/Faction is!!

• Like 2

I suppose it could also be a zombie too, given the headstone and the 'nature' elements of it could be that it just tore itself up through the grass/ground/roots, but I guess the branch-like growth doesn't really fit that, unless it was a Nurgle thing, however the crow definitely puts it in the Death camp for me.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

That to me just seems like a new zombie model. Specifically, a zombie standard bearer. Maybe instead of Soulblight or a whole new army we're just getting a Legions of Nagash update with  a handful of new models. Or a combined Soulblight/Deadwalkers  battletome like Mawtribes and Orruk Warclans that's been split-off from LoN.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 minutes ago, FFJump said:

That to me just seems like a new zombie model. Specifically, a zombie standard bearer. Maybe instead of Soulblight or a whole new army we're just getting a Legions of Nagash update with  a handful of new models. Or a combined Soulblight/Deadwalkers  battletome like Mawtribes and Orruk Warclans that's been split-off from LoN.

Honestly I think a combined Souldblight/Deadwalkers is the way to go for that Faction. We'd all love Lesser Vampires and Thrall as Battleline and adding a new Deadwalker set as another option would be fantastic!! How old is the current Zombies kit? It has to be over 20 years old by now maybe older. 

1 minute ago, HollowHills said:

Are we sure it's a new model not just some conversion? I only ask because the head and posture seems super similar to the existing Dryad kit.

"As you can see 2020 has been a pretty spooky year for models, and 2021 is going to be just as good. We’ve already had a look at the terrifying Flayed Ones, and now we’re going to tease one more tantalising glimpse of the future…"

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/10/31/the-spookiest-models-of-the-year/

• Thanks 1

And if we're all wishlisting now, I'm going to say that's a command group model in an updated zombie kit, maybe some kind of standard bearer equivalent. As for what it's for, an update to Legions of Nagash would round out Death as a fully Sigmar-ised GA.

So, new

-Zombies

-Fell Bats (drop the Bat Swarms completely)

-Dire Wolves

-Blood Knights

-Vampire Lord

Would round out the range, while things like Krell and the old Vampire characters are probably on the chopping block. A lot of the Ossiarch lore has me worried about how long the Deathrattle units are going to stick around, but they're really nice kits, so I hope GW keeps them.

A five-model update seems like a pretty reasonable "minor" release to cap off an entire Grand Alliance (at least, until GW decides to go back and add a new army) and in a world without Corona-virus, it could have fit into a Halloween release pretty snugly, assuming the Lumineth were meant to come out in the Spring, and the Sons of Behemat in the Summer.

Or, it's just a Bloodbowl thing. Who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

My favorite game of guessing and speculation begins.

I would say a zombie too. The somewhat bend posture, the way the hand/ arm is a bit curved has a strong dead vibe to me, much like the crypt stealers for BB. Could be a a scarecrow too indeed, the point where the pole comes from the body, there is something that can be straw, like we see with the crypt-stealers.

No clue what is on it back though. given the weird stuff carried by various models released the last few years (gallows, complete sacrophags etc) it can be anything.

Well, I imagine the new lockdown will impact GW again, more so each and every one of us. 

I imagine this will mean another change to the release schedule, but this is something that must be done. Time to buckle down and get through another bit of bad weather. 

Stay safe everyone, here's to amazing new releases and hobbying in the future. At the end of the storm is a golden sky. 

• Like 1

At present this new lockdown is mostly appearing to focus on social activities and "non essential" retail. Work places where you can't work from home are likely to remain open and it seems schools and universities are also remaining open. So GW might not be heavily impacted like the last time, though of course they might well see another surge in sales and another series of disruptions to the mail system (national and international). 

Of course it might mean GW strengthens their on-site restrictions so production might slow down a bit more to make the workplace safer, but I believe it should still remain open. 

• Like 2

Didn't forbidden power reference a mortarch of thorns? Given the existing rose and vine motifs a lot of death models have I wouldn't be surprised if we get our "AoS-ified" zombie army that's undead controlled and stitched together with cursed plants. Nagash loves his cruel irony and with OBR being a twisted mirror of stormcast, plant-zombies would be a great way to mock Alariel and the sylvaneth.

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 5