Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Maybe Teclis just isn't under as much pressure as Alarielle, or say Morathi, to present his divine form as a good looking young person with a take it or leave it approach to clothes.

🤔

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hoseman said:

Than conversion sounds awesome, and I love the eidolon it's a master piece very beautiful to paint and to watch. On the other side it sounds expensive buying both eidolon and telcis miniatures to make just one... 

I would like to know if Teclis has a alone version like the Lord Arcanum on Tauralon that you can put it on foot

While expensive, a good thing is that the Eidolon has 2 head options, so you can easily find the spare one on bit sizes / with other people.

I secured mine already 🤣

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

What’s 150-200 years in the timeframe old world through the end of it, through the time of myth, time of chaos and now the age of sigmar? 

When Lord-Arcanum Lynus Ghalmorian died as mortal his bones had fossilized and was long dead before Sigmar claimed him. So the  Age of Myth was minimum 10,000 years.   

30 minutes ago, xking said:

When Lord-Arcanum Lynus Ghalmorian died as mortal his bones had fossilized and was long dead before Sigmar claimed him. So the  Age of Myth was minimum 10,000 years.   

there was a forest a couple years back that fossilized in a few weeks (as a result of a natural disaster). fossilisation is a result of a chemical reaction, not heat and pressure.

(Derek Briggs and Amanda Kear also preformed a laboratory experiement (which has been peer reviewed) that showed that fossilisation can take place in 2 weeks, and theoretically even more quickly.)

7 minutes ago, Turin Turambar said:

there was a forest a couple years back that fossilized in a few weeks (as a result of a natural disaster). fossilisation is a result of a chemical reaction, not heat and pressure.

(Derek Briggs and Amanda Kear also preformed a laboratory experiement (which has been peer reviewed) that showed that fossilisation can take place in 2 weeks, and theoretically even more quickly.)

The age of myth may also not hold itself to what is scientifically possible/plausible. Time itself may not even have the same progression for every bit of the mortal realms.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Turin Turambar said:

Even so, one of the empires  in Aqshy  lasted 10,000 years in the Age of Myth.  I can't remember it's name, I think if was called  onyxissa or someting.

1 hour ago, JPjr said:

Maybe Teclis just isn't under as much pressure as Alarielle, or say Morathi, to present his divine form as a good looking young person with a take it or leave it approach to clothes.

🤔

I don't think anyone is capable of putting that kind of pressure on them. 

Anyway I'm glad Teclis is as ugly on the outside as he is on the inside. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Why do people think Teclis is some kind of horrible monster?     He's not perfect, but that does not make him evil.

Edited by xking

3 minutes ago, xking said:

Why do people think Teclis is some kind of horrible monster?     He's not perfect, but that does not make him evil.

He's an elf, that's enough for me.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 15
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, xking said:

He's (HollowHills) loyal to his army. Which is totally cool.

But misguided when I look at his avatar. 😉 That dude with the eyepatch isn't exactly a beauty either. 

Actually, in the book The Court of the Blind King, the Idoneth aren't really portrayed as hating Teclis.  They're more in awe of/afraid of him.  They realize that they are pretty messed up, and don't seem to blaim that on him.

18 minutes ago, xking said:

I know right? Its like how people are so hard on Hitler just because he wanted to perfect the Aryan race (Pointy Aelves) and get rid of the lesser race(s) (Idoneth).

4 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Actually, in the book The Court of the Blind King, the Idoneth aren't really portrayed as hating Teclis.  They're more in awe of/afraid of him.  They realize that they are pretty messed up, and don't seem to blaim that on him.

Yeah it portrays a weird dynamic. But there is a kind of ‘why didn’t he do better’ undercurrent as well. There is a kind of blame they don’t really voice. Maybe to scared of the emotion if they would voice it. 

4 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

They realize that they are pretty messed up

Then they're certainly wiser than pretty much everyone else in the real world and fiction. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JPjr said:

🤔

To be fair, Teclis has never been good looking (even when he's not stood next to Tyrion), nor thought of himself as such, so it would be a pretty sharp departure for him. Nagash didn't ascend to godhood, and suddenly decide to start wearing skin and a normal sized hat.

Have some sexy, objectified boy gods for your troubles. :) 

Sigmar-flying-around.jpg.8f8aecf1acd7001bc338b97ae2afa64f.jpg

grimnir.jpg.46dc17c1c1bd93eff45856263faa1d68.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Forrix said:

I know right? Its like how people are so hard on Hitler just because he wanted to perfect the Aryan race (Pointy Aelves) and get rid of the lesser race(s) (Idoneth).

Really bro?   That's what you get from that situation?  Teclis a god of Hysh, shined the light of truth upon the Idoneth and saw the darkness within. 

The Idoneth are responsible for the deaths of countless innocent people. But not only that, they steal their souls.    Teclis wanting to start over with the Idoneth is not without merit.

• Like 1

@Double Misfire If you had Nagash’s cheekbones would you hide them under weak flesh?

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

4 hours ago, JPjr said:

🤔

yea, and Teclis was always an ugly dude... maybe he just didn't care enough to change his facial structure due to his hubris? Either way, I'm sure he's packing some heat at least considering the sweats he's wearing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

The book is full of lore inconsistencies. Personally I am choosing to ignore most of it and stick with the idoneth as presented in the battletome. I imagine the Lumineth tome will at least touch on the relationship between Teclis and the idoneth. 

You can question how many Idoneth even know that Teclis wanted to destroy them. 

The idoneth reveal trailer appears to be narrated by Teclis and he doesn't exactly seem ashamed of them. 

1 hour ago, xking said:

Really bro?   That's what you get from that situation?  Teclis a god of Hysh, shined the light of truth upon the Idoneth and saw the darkness within. 

The Idoneth are responsible for the deaths of countless innocent people. But not only that, they steal their souls.    Teclis wanting to start over with the Idoneth is not without merit.

Teclis made them without thinking about the consequences, decided he didn't like what he got and thought it was perfectly acceptable to wipe them all out. 

I don't really see how the idoneth are any worse than most order factions. The cities of sigmar make war for profit, so do the Duradin factions, the sylvaneth kill those who come into their woods. Even the stormcasts are quite happy to wipe whole cities of people out. 

In fact most idoneth only kill to survive and would be perfectly happy staying under the sea if they could. In my view they have the most justified reason for killing out of any army. Plus normal killing sends your soul to shyish where most of the time nagash grabs it and makes you into a slave. Far better to be "reincarnated" as an Aelf than to serve as a mindless thrall for all eternity. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, JPjr said:

🤔

The world isn't ready for Hot Dad Bod "Call me Daddy, Volturnos" Teclis.

...but my fanfiction is!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

22 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Far better to be "reincarnated" as an Aelf than to serve as a mindless thrall for all eternity. 

What about as a 'Namarti' Thrall? 😎

15 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

New Lumineth article you might not have been able to find on the hard to navigate new Warhammer Community site:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/27/the-lumineth-lowdown-part-1gw-homepage-post-2/ :) 

Am I the only one who thinks the new site is much harder to navigate, with there being 3 different places where new articles could show up?

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Am I the only one who thinks the new site is much harder to navigate, with there being 3 different places where new articles could show up?

Considering you quoted someone saying the same thing, i'm going to guess you aren't the only one, no ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 13