The Rumour Thread

25 minutes ago, Realmhead said:

Crazy Theory!

Those hammers belong to the Six Smith's.

As far as I can tell, the Smiths are never outright stated to be duardin. And in Spear of Shadows, members of all races are shown to be Grugni's disciples. So they could be aelves. 

Yeah there was an ogor! 

14 hours ago, JPjr said:

Again like the previous one it could just be the angle but they look too thin to be hammers, I'm heading towards them being different tops to staffs for a Lumineth wizard to represent which order/element/whatever we're calling it that they're from?

idk, they make shoulderpads way too big so who's to say they didnt make the hammers smaller :P

6 hours ago, Saï.Gonn said:

About the RE, it looks like an elven weapon but I don't see a simple elf carrying a weapon like that.

Why not a weapon of one of the four spirits of Hysh, the spirits would be very tall, half elf half creature.

There are others weapons in previous RE that could be elven weapon, why not weapons of the others spirits ?

I hope not, we already have a lot of half elf/half something units. I'd rather the Lumineth are more traditional elves fighting with those spirits like in the Teclis model, or using them as mounts etc. 

The words they used in the article ("communicate", "channel") seem to point more in that direction, but of course it's possible the Lumineth get some units similar to the Sylvaneth. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 5:08 PM, Jaskier said:

The sad thing about collecting Genestealer Cults is that the individual models aren't the worst in terms of pricing, but the super low points costs of everything means you need absurd numbers of them. Such a cool army with an insanely high price of entry :(

I'm hoping the Lumineth strike a good balance between elite and good prices; after Bonereapers, my expectations are actually pretty high that they won't break the bank.

You'd better believe FEC and Skaven will be getting new SC! boxes with the new heroes. They'll probably do that for most of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skeen77 said:

You'd better believe FEC and Skaven will be getting new SC! boxes with the new heroes. They'll probably do that for most of them.

This.

after they split Shadowspear into two Start Collecting boxes, I figured that’s how they’ll release the heroes later, by splitting the dual army boxes into Start Collecting boxes instead.
-Gloomspite Gitz, Ogors and Bonereapers don’t have a start collecting.
-Flesh Eater Courts & Sylvaneth I wouldn’t be surprised if gw wanted to take the monsters out of their current ones as the individual monsters probably aren’t selling anymore (that I suspect was also related to why they upped the price on all the start collecting boxes).
-Skaven wouldn’t surprise me if they eventually had one for each clan.

2 hours ago, skeen77 said:

56 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

This.

after they split Shadowspear into two Start Collecting boxes, I figured that’s how they’ll release the heroes later, by splitting the dual army boxes into Start Collecting boxes instead.
-Gloomspite Gitz, Ogors and Bonereapers don’t have a start collecting.
-Flesh Eater Courts & Sylvaneth I wouldn’t be surprised if gw wanted to take the monsters out of their current ones as the individual monsters probably aren’t selling anymore (that I suspect was also related to why they upped the price on all the start collecting boxes).
-Skaven wouldn’t surprise me if they eventually had one for each clan.

Shadowspear (and the original AOS starter) are different in that they are monopose units that are all on one sprue so they had to choose to either throw away that mold or sell all of it in one box which turned into the start collecting sets.

But it could still happen as the new Space Wolves Start Collecting has the Character from Tooth and Claw in it and they also had another SC before which got replaced.

Or they just get released on their own like the Spiritseer and the Primaris Lieutenant from Wake the Dead and the Cryptek from Forgebane

In the end GW did everything before so we have no idea what could happen (Personally I think that the factions without a SC will get a new one with their hero but Skaven, FEC and Sylvaneth will stay the same)

Edited by Matrindur

Anyone else really not a fan of the new warhammer community page? I liked that news came in one stream of articles, now it feels all over the place and I'm unsure if I miss an interesting article. Maybe it's just me.. 😂

Edited by Kasper
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Anyone else really not a fan of the new warhammer community page? I liked that news came in one stream of articles, now it feels all over the place and I'm unsure if I miss an interesting article. Maybe it's just me.. 😂

This link presents the news the old way.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/latest-news-features/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

54 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Not a fan of that or how they redesigned the warscroll builder. Everything is no longer centered.

• Like 1

Yeah it was spotted a week or so ago that it was out of sale in the USA. Must say I'm surprised as its overseas produced and one of the endless spells that GW has been pushing hard in the game. IT's also pretty popular from what I can see.

I managed to grab one off WaylandGames last week. 

50 minutes ago, Overread said:

Yeah it was spotted a week or so ago that it was out of sale in the USA. Must say I'm surprised as its overseas produced and one of the endless spells that GW has been pushing hard in the game. IT's also pretty popular from what I can see.

I managed to grab one off WaylandGames last week. 

I had ordered one around christmas but it took forever before it arrived at my local. I'm kinda bummed about it though, guess it means the rules will likely be removed from matched play? Or will people just have to find alternative sculpts for it? Seems odd.

IT might mean GW is repackaging it, I note that when mine arrived its very "odd" for a GW model because its in a small box and the parts are already clipped off the sprue to make the box smaller. Further its very Chaos - it has the 8 point star. For a generic spell its very Chaos themed so perhaps they will re-design it with a more neutral design and box it up in a normal box. Perhaps in a fresh expansion pack this summer?