The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Kelsicle said:

New rumour engine! Surely seraphon?

RumourEngine-May21-Content2ujcs.jpg

Generally, considering the scales rumor Engine we saw a long time ago, it’s either some sort of aelf dragon or a seraphon model. Either way, at least it’s definite that Order will get some scalies. 

1 hour ago, Dr Ben said:

I'm pretty sure it was reported from warhammer fest that there is at least 1 more destruction battletome due this year. I had noticed a couple of the ogre references but hadn't put them all together like that. A Skaven or gits style ogre book would make sense, but there isn't the diversity of either of those factions with the existing ranges

Also now slaanesh is out they obviously need more depravity points! 

Generally, I’ve a feeling that Beastclaw raiders, aleguzzlers and gutbusters might get rolled together, and get 1 new model, 1 terrain, 1 endless spell. As much as I’d absolutely LOVE Gitz treatment, it’s unlikely to happen. 

The interesting thing was that Gutbusters never got an allegiance ability in general’s handbook. And since GW was saying they want to update “current factions”, stuff like Flesh Eaters, Fyreslayers, Brayherd, etc, it is possible that Gutbusters get something completely brand new. So I haven’t give up on them yet! 

Besides, some conversions using that sweet traitor command chaos Ogor, an iron golems chaos Ogor, and the 40K Bullgryns would look amazing in an AOS Ogor army. And I’ve still got some hordes Everblight ogrun models (as you can see, I like anything starting with “og”)

44 minutes ago, madmac said:

I think Gutbusters will get some plastic hero kits, it's something they badly need (Literally 100% of their hero options and all Maneaters are fincast) and they've been teasing Ogors a long time to just roll out a book and endless spells, IMO.

Tbh there’s a LOT that gutbusters need. Maneaters need plastic models, badly. Tyrants and Butchers need legit plastic kits, especially for a cauldron butcher. Firebellies are unlikely to get it, tbh, which is fine imo. The finecast model is still pretty nice. 

1 hour ago, Kelsicle said:

New rumour engine! Surely seraphon?

RumourEngine-May21-Content2ujcs.jpg

Reading the text: Doesn't the engine of the gods predict the future or something? Would be weird as it doesn't need a new model. But it also shows the same flatter back to round tail transition (which is why I wouldn't place my bets on a serpetine dragon). Text for reference:

'Behold the Rumour Engine! Can you predict what it is?'

also great story on the community page for those interested

5 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Tbh there’s a LOT that gutbusters need. Maneaters need plastic models, badly. Tyrants and Butchers need legit plastic kits, especially for a cauldron butcher. Firebellies are unlikely to get it, tbh, which is fine imo. The finecast model is still pretty nice. 

Here's hoping, but seeing how they treated Skaven I expect a soup tome because it ticks all the boxes. Plastic battleline and troops, some centrepiece models, some finecast/metal 'elite' which they won't expend resources to change. (maneaters, heroes etc.)

Only thing I would expect to change is the butcher model with couldron and removing the Gutgouger option from the Tyrant. 

The text on the FB page says: 
"Maybe the Sphere of Hysh can give you enough clarity to decipher this week's Rumour Engine! Give us your guesses below..."

Seraphon are warriors of Azyr in all the lore so far, so mentioning Hysh doesn ot bode well for them...

• Like 1

Just now, Scurvydog said:

The text on the FB page says: 
"Maybe the Sphere of Hysh can give you enough clarity to decipher this week's Rumour Engine! Give us your guesses below..."

Seraphon are warriors of Azyr in all the lore so far, so mentioning Hysh doesn ot bode well for them...

To be fair, the text is often actively misleading.

OTOH, there have been a fair number of Hysh/Aelf related clues lately. There's still that unresolved rumor engine with the horn and aelven runes, that lion from Shadespire, and heavy Teclis hints in the lore, so it does feel like Hysh is approaching, whereas there's been no clues for Seraphon in some time.

I personally have a mostly painted Seraphon army waiting for on a new book, so I would not be unhappy to be wrong, but I try to be unbiased when it comes to guesses.

Seraphon scale patterns vary pretty widely throughout the army so it's tough to point to a specific model and say, "it looks like this." Looking at my range, the scale patterns are totally different between Cold Ones, Carnos, Batilladons, Saurus, Skinks, Salamanders.

Just looking at the size of a scale and considering the level of detail on the picture, I don't think this is as large as a behemoth. Three scales to reach the top ridge would be far too few for something quite large for example. I'd suspect this is a Juggernaut sized creature at biggest.

In my mind, if it is Seraphon it could be three things:
- New Cold One Model: This would mean making the creatures more closely resemble mini-carnosaurs.

- Kroxigors: Total Warhammer has them looking a lot more Crocodilian, and this reminds me of a way more leaning forward posture. Top ridge seems too short though.

- New Species: We could always see a new creature type come out for Seraphon too. If it's a model to accompany a dual box, having a hero on a mid-sized mount could make a lot of sense.

I don't see it being a Salamander/Razordon because of the scaling. Looks far too sturdy to be any sort of Skink. And it doesn't match the scales on the new-gen Saurus like the Oldblood.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kaz said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/21/tales-of-forbidden-power-cursed-waters/

ALSO new fiction! Looks awesome! 

Im extremely sure there’s some new faction under the depths... (cough Luthor Harkon mortarch of the abyss) 

Man, anything with idoneth appearing in it is a thumbs up from me. Great piece of fiction I think, even if it was brief. I just want more of the deepkin in my stories, though how they would make a full length novel is beyond me.

From the Malerion artwork, I think the so called draconic dark elves will be more leathery dragons.

Anyway, it really really looks dinosaury to me, so I vote for Seraphon. New model in a dual box. Versus Bonesplitterz who wil get a new shaman in the box (I read here that the old scaly rumour engine matches the back of the wurzog prophet).