The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Looking at this model, only makes me question, when the skaven will get their showcase of new models

We will almost certainly see the first Skaven next Monday. 

• Like 1

Yeah that Liberator is excellent. I didn’t mind the helmet design anyway but it’s translated to the model really well. The silver scheme is definitely more to my taste than the original gold, and I really like the pose. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

So I have always enjoyed the strange nose piece as it provides a bit of embellishment and ties them more into a medieval knight aesthetic. Honestly I love the thunderstrike proportions and these models will make possibly passing on the next starter very challenging. Luckily I am broke enough for wisdom to prevail. I have 2000 points of Stormcast and the only additions I can see making are a unit of Dracoth Riders and maybe Valius as I am likely to get Saviours of Cinderfall. 

4 hours ago, Sarouan said:

They do have a presence in the narrative - I saw them in more than a novel in the White Dwarf, just to mention them, with names and all. As for named character miniatures, that depends when GW decides to release new Ogor models. Watch the next window for Ogor battletome, I'd say.

Id wager that the next update will add Globb Glittermaw for the Mawtribes. Most powerful of the Meatfist and most notable Overtyrant in all the Realms.

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

We move out of the Weapons' month. It is Kurnothi's month now?

The Rumour Engine – 2nd April 2024 - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

RumourEngine Apr2 Content

Anything similar to this I am going to say is Ogors or Silent People until they are released!!

27 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I knew the renders and in game models wouldnt do the mini justice. That is a perfect Liberator!! I cant wait for them to go into Starter Paint sets to snag a few!!

That liberator is absolutely fantastic. I already liked the original Stormcast a lot, yet this is even better. I can't wait to see how they reimagine and improve the Skaven!

obligatory ONLY THE FAITHFUL

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 1

I am probably in a (tiny) minority, and it's a matter of tastes anyway, but I don't really vibe with the new design. I wasn't very happy with the idea of the resculpt anyway (a lot of other armies need that attention) and this feels quite underwhelming: nothing more than a scaled up knight with hammer and shield.

On the plus side, they are only a post-diet version of old Liberators, so using the old ones would be perfectly fine (if I need standard bearers, I have plenty of those from the Vindictors or even the multiple knight vexillors).

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Very nice. The Hallowed Knights colour scheme looks so much better than the Hammers of Sigmar too IMO.

I wonder if they'll keep the same weapon options. Wouldn't surprise me if the launch box and starter kits are just hammer and shield but hopefully the full kit will still have variety.

Edited by Kromek
Typo
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Add that the unit they could have standard bearer now and it is a must buy for everyone that don't want to kitbash

Interesting, so like the included standard bearer on the vindictors?

Hope that vindictors and liberators will be merged into a single warscroll with 2 weapon choices (as range is not an option to differenciate weapons now, maybe a bonus when charging for the hammers and a bonus when being charged by an ennemy unit for spears?) 

Edited by Vagard
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I wonder how the reception of Stormcast would have been if they had looked like this from the start.

I suspect people would have reacted the same. You have to remember at the time, the game a lot of people loved got destroyed. Then this new game appears with four pages of rules and one half of the new models looking a bit like Space Marines. I really think it would be the same. 

29 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I have to say that @Gaz Taylor was right. Liberators look cooler on the mini than in all the renders/ pics we had so far. Also, the new paint scheme (not new, I know) helps a lot.

Tell my wife I got something right! :D 

9 minutes ago, Kromek said:

Very nice. The Hallowed Knights colour scheme looks so much better than the Hammers of Sigmar too IMO.

In my opinion, this is the scheme they should have set as the standard for Stormcast. Gold looks cool but it can be a bit uninteresting to paint and look at. I know it was to have a set models that were easy to paint for new players

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, PJetski said:

That is worse than having two warscrolls

Wanna make a poll with only SCE players voting? 😂

More seriously, I don't see why it is a worse option. 2 warscrolls mean 1 whole page in the book, same explanation for both units as they have the same role (battleline, by 5, maybe a standard bearer, a prime...) so a lot of ink just to explain twice the same role with maybe not the same point cost. 

With the merge : (and the adding of USR) -> This unit can either have sigmarite warhammer or sigmarite spear. If warhammer : (insert USR) if spears : (insert USR) 

And you'll just have to refer to the rule in the big book, all in 1 warscroll

Edited by Vagard
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Vagard said:

Hope that vindictors and liberators will be merged into a single warscroll with 2 weapon choices 

I think is more nuanced than that. Shields work different on liberatos, sequitors and vindictors. The article says that libs go with shield and hammer, but currently they can use 2 weapons (sword and shield, was merged into the hammer statline) and the 1/5 great weapon.

Liberators also have their contest objetive skill... so I don't think is going to be as easy as merging warscrolls.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Id wager that the next update will add Globb Glittermaw for the Mawtribes. Most powerful of the Meatfist and most notable Overtyrant in all the Realms.

Anything similar to this I am going to say is Ogors or Silent People until they are released!!

I knew the renders and in game models wouldnt do the mini justice. That is a perfect Liberator!! I cant wait for them to go into Starter Paint sets to snag a few!!

Or even better, as a free mini for a month!

• LOVE IT! 1