The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Lucentia said:

The paired, symmetrical weapons make me lean Lumineth, though they do look like they're dancing off of a route or branch, so maybe Kurnothi.  I think we've had LRL warcry rumours floating around for a while now?

The weapon style could also be Hedonites. It is kinda their look.

• Like 2

Had been thinking to register for a while now, just a good a time as any.

The elf has slight mountaineering vibes. And warcry warbands can have very specific subsets of an army. Lumineth "mountain people wardancers."

Could also be WHU as it has a winter theme going on right ?

• Like 6

Just now, Ejecutor said:

The weapon style could also be Hedonites. It is kinda their look.

Potentially!  Though I don't think any hedonite models have identical dual weapons, they tend to go for asymmetry.

I am extremely confident that it's not DoK though, unless it's an enormous departure from the existing DoK design elements.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Chikout said:

These previews are always for minis coming in the early part of the year. Nothing from Leviathan was previewed this time last year. 

Yeah reminder that last years teaser was just a Slaan, the new Skink Cav, and the champion models for the Vampire/Khorne warcry box. It's not intended to be an exhaustive list by any means.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SilentSentinel said:

I could see the possible Lumineth model being our first look at a unit from the river temple, it does make some sense that a subfaction based around the concept of rivers/water might have a element of flowing dance like movements to some of their models.

The first tease we got about the River Temple, ages ago in the first LRL Battletome talks about them being lightning fast and graceful and implied dual-weilding blades.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Chikout said:

These previews are always for minis coming in the early part of the year. Nothing from Leviathan was previewed this time last year. 

Callis and Toll seem likely to follow the Ven Dest launch. A Dawnbringers 5/6 box with them and maybe something else. So early 2024 indeed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Callis and Toll seem likely to follow the Ven Dest launch. A Dawnbringers 5/6 box with them and maybe something else. So early 2024 indeed.

Guess I know what my first AoS purchase in the new year will be 😛

Also, some folks over at Bolter and Chainsword have started brightening some stuff from the 40k teaser. Anyone with the skillset/tools to do so here? I've tried, but I can't seem to do the right combo of brightening it and preserving the detail...

Spoiler

image.png.64f51faa6d4da50fb9c4a28ff761407a.png

Edited by Asbestress

I guess the new "marauder horseman" (quotation marks because the name will absolutely change to something like "Darkoath Riders" to be more trademarkable) puts some credit to the rumour we had all those months ago, when the Dawnbringers narrative was announced and there was the icon of the Darkoath Savagers in the trailer. Some of us thought it meant S2D were gonna be in the campaign and that finally those age old marauder sculpts were getting a replacement. Well it took halfway through the narrative to have a glimpse of them but they're finally coming !

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1