The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Boar said:

No autokill of >=10 wounds models anymore by Purple Sun, instead D6+6 MW

It's also 90 points now. It will be interesting to see how this effects things. There don't seem to be any other changes. I thought they might tweak the bounty hunters battalion. 

Screenshot_20220921-203547.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

It took them how long to fix  that?

I get the feeling releases aren’t where they want them to be at moment. Plus I’d rather them keep to a quarterly like schedule for the FAQs else the game would be changing all the time. It’s a horrible pace to keep up with! 

I think the change is good as still nasty and you need to be wary about but you don’t loose that big model (most of the time). I do wonder what release is coming up though…. 🤣

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Sad React from @Whitefang...oh Sigmar please no.

I imagine we'll get some new steam tank or similar kit. But Nothing on the scale of a Cog Fort. Cog forts are gargantuan aren't they? Like entire fortresses on wheels type huge (ala "Mortal Engines")  Like larger than a Gargant huge. Its hard to get something of that scale to work in a 32MM game. It almost needs to be a terrain piece.  

Of course if you have a 3D printer, you don't have to wait for GW's release. One page Rules "Duchies of Vinci" has a great steampower aesthetic. Iron Horses, Cog Forts, gezzails, siege weaponry, fantastical designs inspired by DaVinci sketches. Our local Meta ditched warhammer 40K for the time being and is now running primarily Aos and OnePageRules (with a bit of warcry thrown in). One of our crew runs an AOS "Cities of Sigmar" army using the Dutchies of Vinci as proxies. 

image.png.c543d31a4793480ca7c17bb62cbba24b.pngimage.png.5eaaeb654b6fe26c1e1fa70f5df038d9.png

• Like 10

Happy to see a Purple Sun nerf; it's still good, just not quite so bad to play against if you're running big models without auto-kill protection. Funnily enough, the new Purple Sun is actually worse for models with both 10+ wounds and auto-kill protection like Kragnos and Mega Gargants, because instead of just suffering D6 mortal wounds they now suffer D6+6 mortals instead 😅

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Plus I’d rather them keep to a quarterly like schedule for the FAQs else the game would be changing all the time. It’s a horrible pace to keep up with!

Agreed. I have the AoS day roughly once a month and the last thing I want to do is to check the FAQ every time I play. Obvious mistakes should be corrected instantly, but as for the balance changes I would prefer them to stick to the schedule.

Vandus Hammerhand is back and the new Grombrindal book has finally been confirmed. https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/09/21/new-sagas-of-hammers-and-axes-from-the-mortal-realms-are-coming-soon/

There may not be many AoS models this year but we are getting way more novels than we ever have before. I'm excited to read both of these. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 2

39 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Vandus Hammerhand is back and the new Grombrindal book has finally been confirmed. https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/09/21/new-sagas-of-hammers-and-axes-from-the-mortal-realms-are-coming-soon/

There may not be many AoS models this year but we are getting way more novels than we ever have before. I'm excited to read both of these. 

Ok this has me even more hyped than the Beast Smasher Gargant if Im honest!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Some pics moving around about King Brodd profile. 40 wounds, save 4+.

Hammer, 2 foot-stomps (1D3 dmg) and 1 attack from the hands (1D6 dmg).

40 wounds! Does anyone or anything else even come close to that? (Apart from the regular mega gargants at 35 wounds)

21 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Some pics moving around about King Brodd profile. 40 wounds, save 4+.

Hammer, 2 foot-stomps (1D3 dmg) and 1 attack from the hands (1D6 dmg).

Hammer at 5D with 4 attacks. Plus all have -2 rend and 3" range. Juicy. 

Edited by lare2

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

They are said to have a crew of over a hundred. I'm pretty sure that's too big to be an AoS model. 

I mean, I expected a Cogfort mini to be around Baneblade sized, with a 10-20 man crew (e.g.: driver, gunners around it's hull), as Cogforts are described as "coming in all shapes and sizes ranging from forts to small cities that travel on either wheels or piston-powered legs".

I think a mini that size would fit the bill of a moving fort.

• Like 1

We could probably get the smaller variants, “Sentry-Keeps” and “Border-Walkers” for Kharadron level walking steamtanks with magic while full-sized Cogforts end up in the Path to Glory battleplans like how Drekki Flynt’s community downloads let’s you fight on the deck of his ship.

Also hyped for the Vandus book. 🤩

Nice to see them mixing Stormcasts new & old and that narrative fits neatly with my suspicion an edition set in Aqshy will see us have Vandus & Khul having at it again. ️ vs 🔥 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

30 minutes ago, EntMan said:

40 wounds! Does anyone or anything else even come close to that? (Apart from the regular mega gargants at 35 wounds)

Well regular mega gargant with the command trait that make them 40 wounds.

so basically Brodd has that command trait built in to him as otherwise as a named character he wouldn’t be able to use it.

the only other unit that is that close would be the Khorne dragon who at 30 wounds

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 4:52 PM, Clan's Cynic said:

I am sorry to all gargants fan out there, but I can't get the pic out of my head when I look quickly that the arm he has in his mouth looks like a long tongue making him look like a dog running with the tongue out.

And the legs position make him l look even more strange.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1