The Rumour Thread

11 hours ago, Enoby said:

I hope Warcry does well but it wouldn’t surprise me if not.

I think a lot of people, myself included, are reluctant to buy into new GW games that aren't "Warhammer". Not just because opponents are harder to come by, but also because there's a much higher risk that the game is cancelled unceremoniously. For example, if anyone bought onto Silver Tower, you may have felt dissapointed that it was only supported up to its second box set and now may be around gathering dust (it even used to have an app that disappeared, if I remember correctly).

Unfortunately this mindset is self perpetuating and I can only hope that it picks up traction so people are keen to buy in. 

This is me. I dont care for or like all the small side games. I just cant get into them no matter what they are and there is always that fear that they just disappear so I wont invest my time or money into them

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

Its not too surprising gitz are getting passed over in favor of gargants and ogors given their treatments in the ghb.

Gargants and ogors went untouched with gitz getting a bunch of rules changes.

No way , Gloomspite battletome is from January 2019 and they will definitely have a new one in autumn. 

Along with Ogre I think .

SoB have the most recent BT and did have the 3.0 WD update last August.

13 minutes ago, cyrus said:

No way , Gloomspite battletome is from January 2019 and they will definitely have a new one in autumn. 

Along with Ogre I think .

SoB have the most recent BT and did have the 3.0 WD update last August.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I'm about 90% certain it's Sons of Behemat and Ogors. The Honest Wargamer has been pretty confident that the destruction books are Sons of Behemat and either Ogors or Gloomspite. He initially thought it would be Gloomspite but now thinks it is Ogors. As far as I'm aware he hasn't ever been flat out  wrong about a book and as an ex employee, he definitely knows people. 

On here the hints dropped by Whitefang also seem to suggest that a new update for Sons is on the way. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I'm about 90% certain it's Sons of Behemat and Ogors. The Honest Wargamer has been pretty confident that the destruction books are Sons of Behemat and either Ogors or Gloomspite. He initially thought it would be Gloomspite but now thinks it is Ogors. As far as I'm aware he hasn't ever been flat out  wrong about a book and as an ex employee, he definitely knows people. 

On here the hints dropped by Whitefang also seem to suggest that a new update for Sons is on the way. 

HW was saying during moths that this year AoS is gonna receive 6 battletomes only or DoK is going to be the good book and NH is gonna be trash again.

He could be right this time but he was wrong multiple times too.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

He makes educated guesses like the rest of us and picks up tidbits like the rest of us, it's just because he has a platform to reach some people, when he says something there is the illusion of weight behind his words and educated guess has the danger moving from speculation to rumour. 

And just because he's an ex employee, it doesn't mean he's in the know. 

As it is, looking at the webstore, ogors and gargants have kits no longer being sold, so logically they seem to be in line for new books. 

Edited by Ogregut
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

He makes educated guesses like the rest of us and picks up tidbits like the rest of us, it's just because he has a platform to reach some people, when he says something there is the illusion of weight behind his words and educated guess has the danger moving from speculationo rumour. 

And just because he's an ex employee, it doesn't mean he's in the know. 

As it is, looking at the webstore, ogors and gargants have kits no longer being sold, so logically they seem to be in line for new books. 

I don’t for a second think that he is the font of all AoS knowledge, but he does know a lot of current gw staff, former staff and many of the play testers and he’s not exactly shy about sharing news as he doesn’t have the best relationship with his former company. I’m pretty sure he was one of the first to say that Lumineth were getting a book this summer and he was certainly predicting a Tzeentch book well before we saw an official preview.

When it comes to rumours, we are all speculating based on whatever little pieces of info we can grasp. 
We have the gargant rumour engine that got taken down, Whitefang’s hints about the little creatures from the Sons of Behemat battletome and Rob saying he thinks that Sons are one of the autumn books. It’s entirely possible that everyone is wrong but as I said, I’m about 90% confident that the Sons are on the way. I’d love to be surprised though. If gw shows off their new race of actual fish folk as a new destruction faction, I’d be more than happy to come back here and eat my words. No one at all predicted the new nighthaunt and Sylvaneth units before gw showed them off, and no one predicted the season of war stuff, so it’s entirely possible that gw could be keeping more stuff close to its chest. 

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

If gw shows off their new race of actual fish folk as a new destruction faction, I’d be more than happy to come back here and eat my words

I would be over the moon. Personally AOS needs some new factions and kits. I’d love to see Chaos Dwarfs make a return and keep getting teased 😭

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

It’s entirely possible that everyone is wrong but as I said, I’m about 90% confident that the Sons are on the way.

I suspect they are as well. Personally I’d be happy for them to be combined with Ogors but I know some players won’t like that from a background point of view 😁

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Not going to disagree as I have no idea what makes a release successful! Just very curious when I noticed. 

It looks a really cool game. I think the core rules will help make it more approachable as a core set is a big set to get! 

I’m hoping for some Ogors. My pink ones are wanting a update!

Ogors deserve so much love!! 

13 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Say goodbye to the gargants.

gargants_gone.png

The last Maneater was removed from the store too 

Sons are definitely one of the Tomes. Wouldnt be surprised to see the Megas unavailable closer to release so they can repackage in the new sprue!!

If we get Ogors in fall, Chaos in winter and have Stormcast already then my backlog is in serious trouble...

Especially with some daemonic plans I am concocting. I am thinking Khorne and Slaanesh and building a bloodier version of Romeo and Juliet... sad I never found Wrath and Rapture.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • LOVE IT! 1

So when I look at Ogors on the website to me it seems to be broken down into 3 subfactions. 

• Reggy ogors- gluttons, tyrants,etc.

• Frosty ogors - mournfang, stonehorn, etc

• Annnnnd one itty bitty widdle firebelly. 

Now im no ogor expert but if I was betting on new stuff I'd say...

•updated butcher, slaughter master, for reggy ogors

•updated hunter, sabres, yetis for frosty ogors 

•enough new things to flesh out fire ogors. Perhaps Sulpherbreath troggs will be their yetis. 🤔

But this is GW so you fatty fans take your single new foot hero, your book, be quiet and wait another 4 years!!😝

I'd personally like to see yetis replaced with frost troggs but im biased. And id definitely pick up a box of frost sabres if they're anything like the one from the underworlds band. 

Best of luck to y'all!

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

So when I look at Ogors on the website to me it seems to be broken down into 3 subfactions. 

• Reggy ogors- gluttons, tyrants,etc.

• Frosty ogors - mournfang, stonehorn, etc

• Annnnnd one itty bitty widdle firebelly. 

Now im no ogor expert but if I was betting on new stuff I'd say...

•updated butcher, slaughter master, for reggy ogors

•updated hunter, sabres, yetis for frosty ogors 

•enough new things to flesh out fire ogors. 

But this is GW so you fatty fans take your single new foot hero, your book, be quiet and wait another 4 years!!😝

I'd personally like to see yetis replaced with frost troggs but im biased. And id definitely pick up a box of frost sabres if they're anything like the one from the underworlds band. 

Best of luck to y'all!

I'll take it!  I'll take all of it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I am thinking Khorne and Slaanesh and building a bloodier version of Romeo and Juliet... 

🤦‍♂️ Many people that care for the fluff died inside to bring us this message.

At this point it feels like you‘re trolling!😂🤣😂 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

Honestly this is all Im expecting. An updated Butcher/Slaughtermaster kit. 

7 years of AOS and this will make 2 models for mainline Ogors. 

Give us a range refresh GW!!

14 minutes ago, Mutton said:

The true shame of it is that all three (Gitz, Ogres, and Giants) desperately need new battletomes. Maybe they should write better Destruction tomes and stop constantly thinking of them as the "lolrandomisfun" allegiance.

I agree. Destruction is viewed to often as a WAAAGH and not individual Factions.

Ive seen comments on both Facebook and Reddit (Not always the friendliest of places) with people shouting at Gloomspite and Ogor fans that they had Kruelboyz to kick off the Edition, why are they complaining?

ALLIANCES ARE NOT FACTIONS!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Mutton said:

The true shame of it is that all three (Gitz, Ogres, and Giants) desperately need new battletomes. Maybe they should write better Destruction tomes and stop constantly thinking of them as the "lolrandomisfun" allegiance.

I don’t know if SoB “desperately” need a new tome. Of the three they are the ones that don’t need it. They are in the top 5 for win percentage since the new GHB. Mawtribes and Gloomspite are in the BOTTOM five for win percentage.

That’s not even mentioning the problem of how many people are using 3d prints for mega gargants. That’s never good for the lifespan of an army, ask Legion of Azgorh players. They would have to seriously diversify the army in a new book. 

Edited by Lord Veshnakar
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lord Veshnakar said:

I don’t know if SoB “desperately” need a new tome. Of the three they are the ones that don’t need it. They are in the top 5 for win percentage since the new GHB. Mawtribes and Gloomspite are in the BOTTOM five for win percentage.

That’s not even mentioning the problem of how many people are using 3d prints for mega gargants. That’s never good for the lifespan of an army, ask Legion of Azgorh players. They would have to seriously diversify the army in a new book. 

I think it less of a competitive of SoB ( and let face it GW doesn’t account the competitiveness or meta representation of a army when it come to their schedule) and more have to do with their internal balance and rule set.

yes out of all the three they could have been later but all three where getting a new Tome regardless of what the order was.

and I don’t really think 3D printing really have hampered SoB, people still buy the three current mega and use their bits for other stuff.

I have a question/ theory.

We know about the two destruction tomes and keep trying to decide if it's sob, gitz, or ogors.  What if they are technically releasing all three, but only two with tomes? Sob theoretically could be a model release of brodd with his warscroll.  They have the celestial update and I can't see much else to add right now.

This let's ogors / gitz be a battlebox, which seems easier. New spiderfang hero with a squad of old spider riders and some troggoth vs a new butcher and some big boys makes a battlebox that works.

I just don't see a battlebox with sob that would practically work very well.

Heck it could even be reversed with sob and ogors being the tomes, but I don't know them to often not put a tome out with a box release.

Is there any past history of this sort of possibility.

11 minutes ago, Fyrenn said:

I have a question/ theory.

We know about the two destruction tomes and keep trying to decide if it's sob, gitz, or ogors.  What if they are technically releasing all three, but only two with tomes? Sob theoretically could be a model release of brodd with his warscroll.  They have the celestial update and I can't see much else to add right now.

This let's ogors / gitz be a battlebox, which seems easier. New spiderfang hero with a squad of old spider riders and some troggoth vs a new butcher and some big boys makes a battlebox that works.

I just don't see a battlebox with sob that would practically work very well.

Heck it could even be reversed with sob and ogors being the tomes, but I don't know them to often not put a tome out with a box release.

Is there any past history of this sort of possibility.

GW release tend to be rather straightforward unless there an internal delay. Models and tome usually comes around the same time and as much in the same quarter as possible 

and the next battlebox might actually be the Slaves to darkness army boxset 

I also assuming not every AoS tome release is going to relate to a battlebox and that single releases like Maggotkin is still a thing.

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, novakai said:

GW release tend to be rather straightforward unless there an internal delay. Models and tome usually comes around the same time and as much in the same quarter as possible 

and the next battlebox might actually be the Slaves to darkness army boxset 

I also assuming not every AoS tome release is going to relate to a battlebox and that single releases like Maggotkin is still a thing.

Ahh, fair point.  I think I made an assumption with the battlebox for sure... Is there a reason you think there will be a std battlebox? They only announced them for winter while the two destruction for fall (tho I suppose they probably just announced std early because of the leak) 

3 minutes ago, Fyrenn said:

Ahh, fair point.  I think I made an assumption with the battlebox for sure... Is there a reason you think there will be a std battlebox? They only announced them for winter while the two destruction for fall (tho I suppose they probably just announced std early because of the leak) 

The STD battle tome leak that happen had a special battletome cover that would imply that it was meant for an armybox release (like the chaos knight one that was release in May). Army box often are release earlier then the main release.

granted I did forget that Eldritch omen happen in 40K, where it was Eldar vs CSM in January. Eldar got release first within three months after the box while CSM where finally release just last month. But Eldritch Omen is such an outlier when it comes to battleboxes (a battlebox of all brand new models for both side) and the two release where speculative to have a lot of internal delays. In AoS nothing like this has happen before and no president has been set. 

6 hours ago, Chikout said:

If gw shows off their new race of actual fish folk as a new destruction faction, I’d be more than happy to come back here and eat my words. 

Isn't fish folk generally just a Total War Warhammer meme (that doesn't have much basis in lore, at least I never read anything about 'fish folk' and I collected WHFB since late 6th/early 7th edition), not to mention that in AoS Idoneth own the whole nautical theme. Unless fish folk would be some sort of thematic inversion of Idoneth (which I'm not sure how that could be done model-wise, especially as IDK already have everything from eels to crustaceans alongside elves) I feel that idea is impossible.

• Like 1