The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

A Sad React from @Whitefang!! Does this mean an Ogor range refresh or a new Sons kit? It seems we are only getting one. I hope its the Ogors...

I think they were sad because you said you'd prefer Ogors. I think it's sons that are getting new models.

17 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Lumineth Book after Skaven and Sylvaneth

It was to be expected given the pattern of the Tome Celestial releases, but this still kind of sucks. Putting out a new DoK book was already questionable, in my opinion, but three Lumineth books in two years really is too much. We saw how far into the future those books are produced with the Slaves to Darkness leak, which will probably only hit shelves a year from now, so they were definitely working on Lumineth 3.0 right after the release of Lumineth 2.0.

On the plus side, the 3rd edition tomes really do seem to all be of really high quality. The new Nighthaunt tome looks super fun and we can hope that Sylvaneth, DoK and Lumineth will all be more fun and shifted more towards the middle power wise, as well.

• Like 6

There's also still a bit of a mystery around the scheduling of the first two Lumineth tomes, I'm still almost half-convinced both waves were supposed to drop together but got snarled up in shipping issues, though I suppose we'll never really know!  I'm not against a 3.0 Lumineth book cleaning up all those janky rules, but it certainly wouldn't be my first choice of tome to update pronto.

As an average aelf enjoyer it's kind of wild to see all the aelf books pushed out so quickly, but on the plus side it means they're not likely to get touched again for the rest of 3rd edition, so it's more of a front-loaded aelf season that should lead into a relatively aelf free period!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

There's also still a bit of a mystery around the scheduling of the first two Lumineth tomes, I'm still almost half-convinced both waves were supposed to drop together but got snarled up in shipping issues, though I suppose we'll never really know!  I'm not against a 3.0 Lumineth book cleaning up all those janky rules, but it certainly wouldn't be my first choice of tome to update pronto.

As an average aelf enjoyer it's kind of wild to see all the aelf books pushed out so quickly, but on the plus side it means they're not likely to get touched again for the rest of 3rd edition, so it's more of a front-loaded aelf season that should lead into a relatively aelf free period!

Not so sure about that, they certainly had time to publish a second book for the Lumineth, which to me suggests it wasn't supply line based (especially since as I recall the supply line issues hit books worst for GW).

But whilst a Lumineth wave whilst races like Skaven have so many badly outdated madels is pretty bad, to me a book with nothing else to really show for it when it has kinda been established that Lumineth books come with a wave and new temple is almost worse - would really prefer them to just wait until next year so the book gap is not too small this time and release the 3rd edition book with the 3rd wave, maybe around the time Malarion (hopefully) comes.

Would be so much better for any Lumineth "fixes" to come in an FAQ document like the ones the now release quarterly which messes around with some rules to bring them into line and maybe fixes some broken warscrolls. But I guess they can't charge £30 for that.

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

If we are gonna get 5 books between Autumn and the end of the year with the relaunch of Cursed City and two big releases as Votann and Slaves, I think the only sure bet is SoB's kit

Yeah it would seem so.

56 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I think they were sad because you said you'd prefer Ogors. I think it's sons that are getting new models.

Im absolutely over the moon that I may get a new Sons kit!! I just wish that Ogors got some more love as well.

I could see them now just getting a Plastic Butcher.

• Like 2

The gargantuan question in regards to the Sons, is that if they get another kit will it have 3 more build options? And if they do what are they?

I could see a Shaman, Leader kit. Gargants are a matriarchal society so perhaps we get a Shaman and the option for a Male or Female Mega Gargant Leader!? Or a ranged option carrying a Terbuchet as a sling shot!!

• LOVE IT! 2

36 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

The gargantuan question in regards to the Sons, is that if they get another kit will it have 3 more build options? And if they do what are they?

I could see a Shaman, Leader kit. Gargants are a matriarchal society so perhaps we get a Shaman and the option for a Male or Female Mega Gargant Leader!? Or a ranged option carrying a Terbuchet as a sling shot!!

Assuming that they do the same thing as they do with Knights, the basic Megagargant Rig  (basically the torso and leg) is the same as the last kit but the box will have new head and feet options along with accessory feature.

• LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, Doko said:

Seems the biggest umbalance money and pointswise in a dual box ever.

Around 180+€ for sylvaneths(if new unit is around 45 and new hero 35) while skaven only as 150?

I think its actually a good box if you're looking to start either army. 

Admittedly it's not so attractive if you have a Skaven army already as you'll probably those kits but more clanrats and stormvermin are always good. 

Regarding points, don't forget it's a narrative box, it doesn't have to be even points. 

3 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Welp, currently I’m more interested in seeing what the new skaven start collection will look like.

My guess would be, cheiftain, clanrats, stormfiends and possibly a doomwheel or warp lightning cannon.