The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

That was...whelming. I like the Ogroids, but I feel like every new Sylvaneth model moves them further from my personal taste - but I'm happy for those that are excited! I bet there will be awesome paint jobs on them.

Finally our tastes diverge! 😦

Okay I am totally on board with liking the Ogroids... but I absolutely love my fae fliers with bows and insect riding elves! Even though I tend to prefer the full on Ent-Styled sylvanth. I personally think the inclusion of these units further blends the concept of spites, revenants and tree folk. Also Lady of the vines has me forgetting all about Chaos for moment!

Still shocked we didn't get Kurnothi even though @Whitefang had already foretold us of this fate!

4 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Dawnbringers being humans only saddens me deeply...I dreamt about multiracial units, to fully realise the multicultural nature of Cities. However, I know myself well enough that I'm a sucker for the "common man/woman/enby" faction from a fiction and lore standpoint, so I'll probably fall in love with them as they're eventually released.

And it appears we are back on the same page again 😅

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Oh...i didn't think about what @Loyal Son of Khemrisaid...we don't even know what are the Autumn battletomes and they already teased COS overhaul!
I'm a bit worried.

If we work under the assumption World Eaters are going to be the 40k 10th launch antagonist, they're still over a year away.

Cities of Sigmar/Dawnbringers/whatever are probably going to be on a similar schedule if they've been revealed now.

1 hour ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Lumineth will 💯 get another wave. We’ve not seen rules for all 10 nations or all spirits or Tyrion. 

Lumineth as the Autumn Order tome wouldn’t be surprising, as they’re the only Order army without a 3rd edition tome or an update in White Dwarf. They don’t really need any more single heroes other than the River and Zenith mages. But at the very least I’d hope they get a new cover…

If River Temple is coming it would likely be three kits like the Mountain and Wind temples. A mage, a unit and a sprit. It wouldn’t surprise me if Tyrion doesn’t make an appearance until quite a bit later as I’d hazard a guess he’s more closely related to the Zenith temple who were described the least in their first tome.

The Zenith is likely the most important temple. The Zenith itself appears to essentially be were the light of Hysh comes from, so basically the sun of the Realm of Light. And there’s evidence to suggest that Tyrion is associated with sun symbols and a phoenix in a similar fashion Teclis is associated with a moon and the Celennar. A phoenix would make sense for the Zenith spirit.

Tyrion first woke up alone in Hysh and wandered to the realm edge communicated with a mysterious being there and then woke up with Teclis back in the center of the realm. The being was likely Asuran who in the Old World was the head of the elven pantheon associated with a phoenix, holy fire and was married to the moon goddess who made Teclis’ staff. 

However saying that, I could be completely wrong. And I’d be up for a huge new wave with all of that.

Just now, Ledgington said:

Lumineth as the Autumn Order tome wouldn’t be surprising, as they’re the only Order army without a 3rd edition tome or an update in White Dwarf. They don’t really need any more single heroes other than the River and Zenith mages. But at the very least I’d hope they get a new cover…

If River Temple is coming it would likely be three kits like the Mountain and Wind temples. A mage, a unit and a sprit. It wouldn’t surprise me if Tyrion doesn’t make an appearance until quite a bit later as I’d hazard a guess he’s more closely related to the Zenith temple who were described the least in their first tome.

The Zenith is likely the most important temple. The Zenith itself appears to essentially be were the light of Hysh comes from, so basically the sun of the Realm of Light. And there’s evidence to suggest that Tyrion is associated with sun symbols and a phoenix in a similar fashion Teclis is associated with a moon and the Celennar. A phoenix would make sense for the Zenith spirit.

Tyrion first woke up alone in Hysh and wandered to the realm edge communicated with a mysterious being there and then woke up with Teclis back in the center of the realm. The being was likely Asuran who in the Old World was the head of the elven pantheon associated with a phoenix, holy fire and was married to the moon goddess who made Teclis’ staff. 

However saying that, I could be completely wrong. And I’d be up for a huge new wave with all of that.

I could see more Lizardmen than Lumineth honestly...
Also considering the battletomes imho the "big tome of Fall" will be one of the 2 destruction ones....Lumineth after Sylvaneth with a full new wave seems too early.

• Like 4

I was a bit disappointed after today's show. I play Chaos Space Marines and Sylvaneth - so I was very interested in seeing what GW has planned for WH Fest. The CSM reveals were great (I am not interested in Cultists and Mutants, but the Possessed are very good and I'll probably buy two Daemon Princes when they become available), but what I saw today simply felt... underwhelming. 

Skaven players getting only one miniature, while a lot of their range needs updating... No comment. Sylvaneth do get new models - that's fine, but I really hoped for a bit more "inspired design". They already explored this concept - mounting Revenants on insects or giving them wings really don't seem that much interesting to me. Lady of Vines is cool character, but the model, again, doesn't go anywhere with the concept. 

We already knew that new GHB book will come out (they do every year), so why waste time on that? Announcing new faction is also strange - to me, it looked like they really don't have anything to show, so they announced something they are working on and that will see the light of the day who knows when. Two new characters are cool and there should definitely be more models based on protagonists from the BL books, but all in all - I felt like they really did not have a lot of things to show. 

I mean, it turns out that the biggest reveal for AoS is the leaked S2D Battletome - that won't be out until winter. Not to mention that GW published the battletome roadmap and I hoped that the show will address that as well - but nothing happened. 

To sum it up: hey, we can't spend an hour talking about three new Sylvaneth minis, so let's talk about the thing that we work on but that no one can see yet and oh - here's a new model for Skaven players!

Oh, and don't get me started on reused cover art! This is something that felt pretty lame (especially after creating new art for IDK, but leaving Fyreslayers with the same cover).

Edited by Painbringer
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

Also considering the battletomes imho the "big tome of Fall" will be one of the 2 destruction ones....Lumineth after Sylvaneth with a full new wave seems too early.

You could well be right. Although, I doubt GW are concerned about too many elf factions getting updates too close to one another. And a temple’s three kits (a single hero, a unit and mid sized character) would only be as much as Nighthuant got just recently, hardly a large wave.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was a little disappointed with today's reveals.  

Don't get me wrong.  I thought what we saw today was cool.  The new skaven model looked neat, I really liked the Sylvaneth units and the Ogroids are cool.  The tease of the new GHB and Cities/Dawnbringers are fine, but didn't really have enough to get excited about.  And I like the SBG and KO models well enough, I suppose.  

Maybe it's because I don't play StD, Sylvaneth, or Skaven.  So there just wasn't a lot for me personally to get excited about.  But even when that happens, usually the reveals give us some new direction about where the story is headed or the direction of the mortal realms.  And that advancing of the story or additional grist for PtG is always exciting to me.  But there was very little of that, outside some vague descriptions of the GHB.  

Oh well.  They can't all be bangers.  I am happy for the people who are excited by the new models, though.  

The big question is, will Warcry just get two new specific warbands, or will it be a Red Harvest style release, or will there by a 2nd edition?  Tomorrow's reveal will be interesting. 

40 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I so surely hope the 'Big Tome of Autumn' is going to be Ogors. If its a Destruction Faction, and it should be as its Era of the Beast, I doubt that Gloomspite would get another range update before Mawtribes.

• Like 2

So Skaven get the bare minimum. Arguably less than that. Though neglect isn't the worst they did to a faction this day.

That would be for Cities. Cities rebranding into a 40k Imperium religious nutter knockoff is awful. I can't really stress how much I hate that. Cities as a place where all races come together to advance society is so far removed from crusades it's almost comical if it weren't so sad.

Black Library Kharadron was a good idea, but why wasn't it one of the female characters? Nice sculpt though, even though it's just another infantry hero, which is about the last thing the faction needs (the only thing it needs less is a god).

Solid vampire. Not sure it's needed but it's good anyway.

Sylvaneth looks nice, I love all of them. I like the juxtaposition of fairy tale and horror, and it's different from the usual juxtaposition of fairy tale and horror.

The Ogroids look okay. I'm not sure what's in their poses that makes me not like them more.

Demon Prince seems very versatile.

And that's all? 

The 40k cultists are easily converted to be alternate Marauders, just put a shield on their gun arm.

The Mutants are grossly awful and I love them!

The Torments are even worse and I love them equally.

The HQ choice is also quite good for AoS.

And in that single page, there are more models than the entire AoS reveal.

Love the biker lady dwarf!

The 40k page is needed to see what the Demon Prince set actually has.

I even don't mind Space Marines if they look like those chaos ones.

In reality, I don't really see myself getting the AoS models. Maybe the Demon prince, and that's a shared set. Even if I like the Sylvaneth ones. AoS can't hold a candle to the love Chaos and Votann got.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

It’s occured to me, as I saw it on the posted images on the side of the forum chat, - Just how similar the poses are for these three Kharadron Heroes. And also how cool the new one is, more big beards for Kharadrons!

1660C218-51A1-431E-B539-D8B0222B8105.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Does anyone know if the Black Library heroes come with the book or are sold separately?

They'll almost certainly be sold separately. I don't think they've ever bundled a model with a book. Closest was probably when Underworld hardcopies got you a few cards with alternate art.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

So are people certain that we are not getting more for the Skaven?

I keep thinking that plans were likely changed due to the S2D release and the Skaven was shown off in place of somthing else. I would personally assume there is more to this release than the single hero but also not much more than that. I feel like if it were a big release they would be able to show more with the promise of more to come. Instead I am imagining something like the night haunt release... a hero or two and a new unit.

51 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

So are people certain that we are not getting more for the Skaven?

I keep thinking that plans were likely changed due to the S2D release and the Skaven was shown off in place of somthing else. I would personally assume there is more to this release than the single hero but also not much more than that. I feel like if it were a big release they would be able to show more with the promise of more to come. Instead I am imagining something like the night haunt release... a hero or two and a new unit.

S2D release is too far away to have affected the preview that much I feel. But I guess insert as much Hopium as you can 

still one hero release is just the norm 

Edit: there is Warcry but leak suggest it just more S2D mortal guys

Edited by novakai
  • Like 3

About Cities of Sigmar

I'm watching again Skaven's reveal video and I think that this new humans are going to have some kind of Spanish conquistadors and explorers flavor/theme which i think it's very cool.

giphy.gif

Edited by Mungrun
  • Like 2

Its looking more and more like I want a full Ogroid army. But then again all the new StD rumors/leaks are looking good.

Im sure there will be more Skaven reveals/leaks in the coming months. Theres no way they randomly picked one model out of all the outdated metal/resin stuff and stopped there....right?

And im glad they are finally ripping the band-aid off and updating Cities into Dawnbringers. I feel AoS up to this point has just been a transition period between the leftovers of Old World stuff and new fantasy++ style. They need to make new stuff in order to discontinue Old World models. Only then will AoS have its own identity.

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, novakai said:

S2D release is too far away to have affected the preview that much I feel. But I guess insert as much Hopium as you can 

still one hero release is just the norm 

Edit: there is Warcry but leak suggest it just more S2D mortal guys

The embarrassing part is that I posted that forgetting about Warhammer Underworlds - Nethermaze. Now I feel like that is literally fulfilling my criteria and now the Hopium is wearing thin. Although it isn't personal hopium as I am getting more than I deserve with this Slaves to Darkness release... Even the Chaos Space Marines are giving me fantastic proxies and ideas of trying my hand out at painting some space villains. 

3 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Its looking more and more like I want a full Ogroid army. But then again all the new StD rumors/leaks are looking good.

You can always go 50/50 and run 500-1000 points of Ogroids for smaller games and then a larger more diverse force for larger games? Best of both worlds essentially... 😈

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

You can always go 50/50 and run 500-1000 points of Ogroids for smaller games and then a larger more diverse force for larger games? Best of both worlds essentially... 😈

Oh yeah for 2k points there will def be a new Daemon Prince in there. And those new Legionaries might be good for chaff/battleline 

8 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Oh yeah for 2k points there will def be a new Daemon Prince in there. And those new Legionaries might be good for chaff/battleline 

I think a full blown Eight Point themed Army just beyond the Varanspire would be cool. Really embrace that Ogroid empire they described during the live feed. Strict Martial order imposed by hulking brutes on cultists and Legionaries on their way to prove themselves to Archaon getting drafted by Ogroid masters. Ally or proxy in some beasts for rule of cool and I think you;ll have an amazing themeatic force that I will be jealous of forever! 😐

• Like 1

I want to have the optimism and faith for Warcry, but according to the leaks today they'll just announce the legionnaires and the horns of hashut

I wouldn't expect more for warcry given that Kill Teamm semms like their main preocupation right now

6 hours ago, Ledgington said:

Interesting take. I personally do not believe that the Zenith temple will be that much elevated on contrast to the other three since Lumineth and the realm of Hysh are about symmetry and balance. This is very much examplified by the outline of the Lumineth realm and its culture: two twin gods, four Aelementiri temples, eight Great Nations (which are equally shared between the two brothers). Teclis himself emulates this symmetry in his equal mastery of the four elements, smybolized by the discs adorning his belt. 

On the other hand you are of course very much right when you point out the obvious connection both Tyrion and the Zenith temple have to the concept of light. I for one eould hope that Tyrion's sun is somewhat different from the Zenith's light.

And it looks like this cherished balance of mine will be challenged by the fact that I expect each of the two temples which are left will be connected to a Nation (like Mountain is connected to Ymetrica and Wind is connected to Helon). And this would mean that three of the Tyrionic Nations and just one of the Tecleian Nations have connections to elements. And I'm not happy about that since Teclis is supposed to be the Aelementiri guy. He invented them. 

Btw, hear me out ... For the sake of balance, symmetry and equality in the Lumineth... I think it would have been cool if Tyrion had been reborn as a woman. 

• Like 4