The Rumour Thread

14 hours ago, Blueraven84 said:

kuva.png.cced099a9a5344936b025ce46cbaf5a8.png

Does this count as rumour ;) ???

I don't really know how trustworthy is Warhammer Weekly, but MAN am I going to hold that hopium like it's a stone of pure and refined warpstone

I suppose I'll start saving 300 euros for this one...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Garrac said:

I don't really know how trustworthy is Warhammer Weekly, but MAN am I going to hold that hopium like it's a stone of pure and refined warpstone

I don't think they are any more trustworthy than any other reasonably informed community members... the Skaven in the summer thing just seems to be a process of elimination on who has books / tome celestial already.

I'm nor sure what there think but I definitely wouldn't be getting excited about a range refresh for Skaven in the summer, what with Eldar refresh and new Heresy stuff and new Squats later in the year. I might be wrong though (I'd be very happy to be wrong to be clear).

4 hours ago, Garrac said:

I'm pretty sure Vince is an influencer and one of the painters who gets stuff in advance, but I doubt he or Tom would compromise that if they actually knew something.

• Like 1

I feel like skaven are a given but the extent and range of the release is what is in question. 

Lots of rumours are for an Eshin focus which is desperately needed, but overall I feel like it needs a mass range refresh! Especially because if any single side of Skaven is refreshed the parts that are not will look really dated. It isn't simple like Eldar were all the troops needed updating but the mechs and fliers looked good enough to wait. Even Seraphon can get away with updating the Saurous and resin kits and leave the skinks and monsters for the time being. But if we up date ninja rats then the other rats will look much worse in comparison... True there are some more modern models and the monsters and warmachines look great still but I feel like updating skaven doesn't really work piecemeal. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

34 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I feel like skaven are a given but the extent and range of the release is what is in question. 

Lots of rumours are for an Eshin focus which is desperately needed, but overall I feel like it needs a mass range refresh! Especially because if any single side of Skaven is refreshed the parts that are not will look really dated. It isn't simple like Eldar were all the troops needed updating but the mechs and fliers looked good enough to wait. Even Seraphon can get away with updating the Saurous and resin kits and leave the skinks and monsters for the time being. But if we up date ninja rats then the other rats will look much worse in comparison... True there are some more modern models and the monsters and warmachines look great still but I feel like updating skaven doesn't really work piecemeal. 

I 100% agree mate. Which makes me think that it wont be a major release, probably Nighthaunt 3.0 level. I think if they're going to refresh the entire range it would come alongside some major narrative push such as 4.0 or a Broken Realms type thing. Skaven are one of Warhammers most iconic Factions and it's sad to see them languish with no major update in so long, but I have a feeling that it is definitely coming.

2 minutes ago, Augusto said:

We have Whitefang rat picture, shadow rats coming to underworlds, the mischief clue, meaning a group of rats. I doubt it will be a range refresh tho, but a couple of new hero and units ala NH

Yeah I could see them getting a new Hero in a Duel box and an updated unit of Gutter Runners and then the Warband as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Garrac said:

As much as everybody else is hoping for.

53 minutes ago, Augusto said:

We have Whitefang rat picture, shadow rats coming to underworlds, the mischief clue, meaning a group of rats. I doubt it will be a range refresh tho, but a couple of new hero and units ala NH

Yeah, I just hope the mischief clue isn’t a hint towards the new faction with little ol’ puppet-things

I mean, they have already been updating Skaven in waves since the 90's, which is why some of the range is so dated and some of it is holding up fine. A lot of stuff got updated just before WFB died so its in ranked up poses but they dont actually look awful in a mass of ratties unlike Ogres.

Eshin has some of the oldest kits in the range, and hasnt had any real development in a loooong time, then Skyre has its acolytes costing an insane amount for very dated minis and the various weapon teams needing a plastic update.

So in a perfect (ha) world:
Eshin Sorceror hero
Skyre Warlock Engineer hero
Nightrunners unit
Skyre Acolytes unit, maybe some new options included, crosses over with...
Skyre Weapon teams box (kinda like the Imperial guard heavy weapons) 
Gutter Runners Warcry Warband
Triad underworlds band

Isnt toooo unreasonable but i guess we shall see.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

12 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

I mean, they have already been updating Skaven in waves since the 90's, which is why some of the range is so dated and some of it is holding up fine. A lot of stuff got updated just before WFB died so its in ranked up poses but they dont actually look awful in a mass of ratties unlike Ogres.

Eshin has some of the oldest kits in the range, and hasnt had any real development in a loooong time, then Skyre has its acolytes costing an insane amount for very dated minis and the various weapon teams needing a plastic update.

So in a perfect (ha) world:
Eshin Sorceror hero
Skyre Warlock Engineer hero
Nightrunners unit
Skyre Acolytes unit, maybe some new options included, crosses over with...
Skyre Weapon teams box (kinda like the Imperial guard heavy weapons) 
Gutter Runners Warcry Warband
Triad underworlds band

Isnt toooo unreasonable but i guess we shall see.

I would love for all that to be given to Skaven players.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'm pretty sure Vince is an influencer and one of the painters who gets stuff in advance, but I doubt he or Tom would compromise that if they actually knew something.

I believe he get stuff early but not anything unrevealed or under NDA.

10 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Oh man that yhetee rules. Just the dude to stunt all over the opposing team.

mM0ftWg5jIz4Wa4n.jpg

I know this will garner some confused emojis but...

All the time and money they could use for amazing new AOS stuff if they didn't decide to keep nonsense such as Bloodbowl around...

It's just not my cup of tea. Not at all.

• Confused 6

36 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

All the time and money they could use for amazing new AOS stuff if they didn't decide to keep nonsense such as Bloodbowl around...

All the time and money they could use for amazing new AOS stuff if they didn't decide to keep nonsense such as Aelves around...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 15

38 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

Consider them dynamic alternate models, and just add aether rifles, pistols and other stuff and you have an easy unit doubler. You can glue handeggs to the backs for a semblance of backpacks. Less interesting after the price hike.

I think Blood bowl fits the flavour better than grimderp stuff. It's playing with toy soldiers, it shouldn't pretend to be too serious.

Also, the Snotling team isn't even bothered with playing the game, they are just vibing and an awesome flex of the designer's creativity.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Maogrim said:

It's fine that you don't like it. I don't either especially. But I disagree that it's just a waste of resources. Some folks out there probably think the same in reverse... Why focus on AoS when bloodbowl could be a main game?

I'm glad they make lots of different things. Some i like, some I don't, but it broadens tje appeal of the hobby as a whole, and gives more people than ever an avenue to play. 

• Like 16