The Rumour Thread

50 minutes ago, Sprues&Brews said:

https://spruesandbrews.com/2022/04/09/season-of-war-thondia-review-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-3rd-edition/

We check out the awesome new Season of War Thondia! Such a good book and some spoilers at the end of the article about some hints as to where the storyline is going too!!

The battlepack for a specific themed tournament is pretty cool. Not sure it justifies a purchase, but it's nice that they are doing matched play content that isn't mandatory.

I can't see any competitive player interested on the pack, and i think is pretty tedious for narrative players. 

The rest of the book is nice, some lore some good narrative stuff, but for me, as a tournament player, this is a big skip (thanks god, the price is horrible)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sprues&Brews said:

https://spruesandbrews.com/2022/04/09/season-of-war-thondia-review-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-3rd-edition/

We check out the awesome new Season of War Thondia! Such a good book and some spoilers at the end of the article about some hints as to where the storyline is going too!!

Thx a lot!!! I'm really interested in the story and it seems that this book is perfect!!

Sadly, I can't afford 42.50€. I prorbably will buy second hand. 

31 minutes ago, Ragest said:

I can't see any competitive player interested on the pack, and i think is pretty tedious for narrative players. 

The rest of the book is nice, some lore some good narrative stuff, but for me, as a tournament player, this is a big skip (thanks god, the price is horrible)

I think the first point is good thing. Let narrative books be narrative. I'm curious why you think the second thought. The  2+ tough review is pretty glowing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ragest said:

You are mixing open play players and narrative players. The narrative players usually play complex missions like sieges or ambushes with a bunch of rules that made the experience more immersive but less balanced.

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

I'm really looking forward to this book, and I'm glad it's a narrative focus. I've just got my fingers crossed that Anvil of Apotheosis is good.

I think, at the moment, I've put matched play on hold and narrative seems like my preferred way to play right now. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

You are mixing open play players and narrative players. The narrative players usually play complex missions like sieges or ambushes with a bunch of rules that made the experience more immersive but less balanced.

Yeah, this! My group (& I) are rarely so collectively excited for a new book? Product even. Can't wait to play with these rules. And as we're like 10 to 12 people in total we might just play our own "in house narrative "tournaments"". 

• LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Also extremely amount of book keeping and forgetting what your veteran squad does in every game

The matched play stuff is really weird, it is clearly not actual competitive content, more like a combination of narrative and matched play, and feels like something aimed at just trying to nudge matched play players into buying the super expensive terrain box. At least they had the decency to put it into its own battlepack so that you can just ignore it entirely if you aren't interested, aside from the incarnate itself I suppose (and even that technically isn't playable in a normal GHB tournament until they update the list of usable books to include it). 

The rest of the book seems pretty good. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

The Limited Edition of Seasons of War Thondia is £55!?!?! The Standard is only £32.50 in comparison.

And cheaper from 3rd parties. I pre-ordered my standard edition this morning for £19.98.

• Like 1

This book sounds like it answers a question I had been wondering about. It's been interesting having the tournament pack set in Ghur, but once they move on to another realm it means that people who want to play in Ghur would have to use the previous pack. This looks like a way to continue playing Ghur games without having to use an outdated handbook, which seems like a win. 

18 hours ago, TreelordRecent said:

The IDK battletome mentions some sea dwelling sylvaneth including dryads. Is this the controversial expansion of sylvaneth?

I expect that it is just some lore building. There is similar mention of aquatic beastmen in the Beast of Chaos tome who are mix of fish and sharks. I don't think they will pop up as a whole unit but I could see them appear as some kind of underworlds team.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chaos Shepard said:

I expect that it is just some lore building. There is similar mention of aquatic beastmen in the Beast of Chaos tome who are mix of fish and sharks. I don't think they will pop up as a whole unit but I could see them appear as some kind of underworlds team.

And like that: I now want aquatic beastmen more than any single army expansion... except chaos halflings!

SeaMonsters1.png
Sea-Swine-56.jpg?itok=UVzF5FCS
Kyoka_Hyaku-Monogatari_Kappa.jpg

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Chaos Shepard said:

I mean that's what I want from Underworlds now we've covered pretty much every faction. I'm assuming we're getting another season set in Ulgu so I'm really hoping we get teams of Khainite Shadowstalkers and Corvus Cabal in it as it would both be an obvious place to draw ideas from and provide alternate sculpts for Warcry.

Also give me some random stuff that hints at the removed Warhammer Fantasy models and Cities figures themed to that realm too.

2 hours ago, Blueraven84 said:

kuva.png.cced099a9a5344936b025ce46cbaf5a8.png

Does this count as rumour ;) ???

Tom has been wrongin the past as well. 
Edit: he probably right that the next tome is Skaven though, it being more then just a standard book release is ?

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1