The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

REALMSCAPE: THONDIAN STRONGPOINT: £135,00
AOS: SEASON OF WAR: THONDIA: £32,50

Legitimately surprised at the cost of the book!! All Battletomes and BR went up by £2.50 to be £27.50 but this in comparison has jumped £7.50!?

• Sad 2

If it's correct, that's not cheap. Looking at Warcry red harvest box at sime price with terrain and board (bit less, okay), models, dice, cards ... you really need to want this incarnate model to buy this box.

Also the rising book prices are sad. I bought some of the warcry books before price increase (and secondhand) because love the narrative stuff, but the new prices alone eating up my hobby budget.

But really happy about a new narrative book and hoping for some cool new story arcs. Go Kragni and the boyz! :)

• Like 2

• Subscriber

Very much looking forward to the book for sure, but not sure on the box set. 

Other than the Incarnate and the big skeleton terrain piece, the rest is a bit meh. So I'll see if they release the Incarnate separately or if I can get them from a bits re-seller.

Not sure why they didn't take this chance to release some unique Ghur/Beasts/Orruk themed terrain rather than more generic Sigmar Ruins. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, FireAbend said:

If it's correct, that's not cheap. Looking at Warcry red harvest box at sime price with terrain and board (bit less, okay), models, dice, cards ... you really need to want this incarnate model to buy this box.

175€ for a box and it doesn't even give you a full table-worth of terrain under the GHB rules 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

DoK and Nighthaunt battetomes are Out. Three or four weeks for the pre-order.

Interesting, so they will release at the end of this month/start of the next? Going by the back to back Thondia + Arena of shades release I was expecting it to release much latter in May.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

If that box also included the book it might be appealing.
If the book also included the Incarnate it might be appealing.

Book + Incarnate would certainly be a good option if they have to bundle it with something. 

If it's a sign of future Incarnate releases, then could get very expensive if each one is tied to a £130+ box of generic terrain. 

• Like 2

Definitely getting the battlepack book. The PtG and 10 page AoA sections alone were enough to secure my purchase.

I'd like the terrain and the incarnate, but that's going to be a steep buy-in. Nothing new has dropped for my collection since Stormcast and Warclans came out, so I've been able to build up my hobby fund, but that's a heck of a lot of money to commit, even in this hobby.

• Like 1

The Thondia terrain pack is really not super appealing right now if you don't want that floating island or the Incarnate. It's so easy to pick up the domicile shells and statue second hand right now because of Dominion.

The Seasons of War book might be cool, though. I will personally wait until we know more about its contents, but then it might be worth buying (although the price increase makes it harder to justify than it has to be).

I’ll grab the book for the lore because I enjoy following the story but the rest is a hard pass.

I’m a huge scenery/terrain fan but there’s nothing fresh or exciting in there for me (I felt the same during the reveal stream, which I found overall underwhelming). 

The Incarnate also feels like a big miss. I was genuinely confused trying to ‘figure it out’ when they first revealed it and that feeling hasn’t gone away. The peculiar decision to run with a reanimated skeleton aside when there is sooo much ‘beastly’ potential they could have tapped into, I don’t think it actually captures the sense of movement and arcane effects they seemed to have been going for. It looks static and ungainly and I’ll stop now because I can hear myself back haha — long story short, it’s a miss from me, especially so at that price point. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

basically, buy the book collectively with your group/club, and, if you need the incarnate, wait for 3d alternative models or put a skull and some rocks on top of a roll of play-doh

I'm thinking about using sevireth as proxy xd half the model is the same so I guess is fine

• Like 1

My initial thoughts of the Incarnate was that it was just okay but the more I look at it the more I like it. I would love to paint one up but I have heaps of ruined buildings and two Ghurish Heartland game boards already. Hopefully, the Incarnate will get an individual release later. I am very tempted to get the scenery pack but I think it will be just the book for now.

Edited by Greyshadow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

Do I remember there being mention of the stuff in the terrain box getting separate releases in the future, or did I dream that?

Nothing official from gw but attendees at Adepticon said they were told that individual releases are coming.