The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Unlike the Dark Mechanicus, chorfs are about to be in a major video game.

Yeah but when has GW every align their release with TW or relate themselves product wise with TW. Also they do still sell Dark mechanicus units on FW unlike legion of Azgorh

i assume the AoS version wouldn’t take any que from the game

15 minutes ago, novakai said:

Yeah but when has GW every align their release with TW or relate themselves product wise with TW. Also they do still sell Dark mechanicus units on FW unlike legion of Azgorh

i assume the AoS version wouldn’t take any que from the game

Probably not, but the Old World versions might! Also, well played sir @novakai, well played.

13 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

By the sounds of the voice files, the Chorfs in Total War will be based off the Legion of Azgor list rather than newly designed/reimagined the way Cathy and Kislev were.

I just hope they expand the roster a bit, I'm not asking for an entire new faction.... Well I am but that's for Araby and Nippon.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ogregut said:

You realise it is 2 different teams who write the rules for AoS and 40k.

Im the opposite to you, I'm happy with the team for AoS and find the 40k rules bloated and over complex. 

I had to read, reread and reread again the genestealer cults crossfire rule and the golden boys fighting stances. 

I don’t know I read the new Nurgle book and I felt they made a lot of mistakes or where unclear on a lot of the mechanics

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

2ca1d8d8611073c1b13fc839f29127fa.gif

1FTS.gif

2 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I honestly just like the lore more then the rules at this point. @Public Universal Duardin, when we finally get the prophesied plastic army, how are you going to paint/build them? I have plans for a a Hashut+Slaanesh carnival based on some lore from the Hedonites battletome, or I’m going to make them nautical themed from Zhar Vyxza from the SoB tome ( @KingBrodd please forgive me your swoleness, but I don’t plan on adding any gargants).

The point I’m trying to make here is that as long as we’re having fun with the book and army, who cares how badly the rules suck? know we have some tournament/meta gamers here, but the most important rule is to have fun (followed by the rule of cool).

I 100% agree! There's a reason why I don't participate much on the faction boards, I'm just not very competitive player and get my kicks from lore and other aspects or the hobby. And as I always joke, I had Dark Eldar a year or two before their 2011 reboot and played Bretonnia from 6th to 8th Ed. I still had fun, even if I lost 😂

To be honest, I haven't thought that far yet. I think a lot will depend in what direction GW takes Chorfs artistically - if we see the classic big hat style, I can see myself keep it conservative with reds and brass. A lot depends on the mood of the miniatures and of course if I'll get some inspiration to truly create My Dudes, like the yet-unfulfilled idea of a KO privateer ship Scarlet Duardin and her ragtag crew, which would be a (very loose) nod to a British sci-fi comedy show I'm very fond off. When I see the models is when my creative juices will start flowing. Will prevent what happened before SoB reveal when I spent a month listening to Attack on Titan's soundtrack and wrote fanfics (based on rumours and scant lore snippets from before) about them only to be disappointed when I saw the models (but at least I painted one of my aleguzzlers as the Colossal Titan) Also, obligatory...I'm so sorry@KingBrodd

!!!

Edit:

When the mystery Chaos Battletome is revealed to be Skaven or Khorne...

Polish_20220305_222320934.jpg.9cd75d82fd177422022b685e506015c1.jpg

Edited by Public Universal Duardin
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 5

13 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

1FTS.gif

I 100% agree! There's a reason why I don't participate much on the faction boards, I'm just not very competitive player and get my kicks from lore and other aspects or the hobby. And as I always joke, I had Dark Eldar a year or two before their 2011 reboot and played Bretonnia from 6th to 8th Ed. I still had fun, even if I lost 😂

To be honest, I haven't thought that far yet. I think a lot will depend in what direction GW takes Chorfs artistically - if we see the classic big hat style, I can see myself keep it conservative with reds and brass. A lot depends on the mood of the miniatures and of course if I'll get some inspiration to truly create My Dudes, like the yet-unfulfilled idea of a KO privateer ship Scarlet Duardin and her ragtag crew, which would be a (very loose) nod to a British sci-fi comedy show I'm very fond off. When I see the models is when my creative juices will start flowing. Will prevent what happened before SoB reveal when I spent a month listening to Attack on Titan's soundtrack and wrote fanfics (based on rumours and scant lore snippets from before) about them only to be disappointed when I saw the models (but at least I painted one of my aleguzzlers as the Colossal Titan) Also, obligatory...I'm so sorry@KingBrodd

!!!

Edit:

When the mystery Chaos Battletome is revealed to be Skaven or Khorne...

Polish_20220305_222320934.jpg.9cd75d82fd177422022b685e506015c1.jpg

No apology needed we all have our own tastes!! Funnily enough I marathoned AOT myself just before the reveal to hype myself up and it worked in my favour!!

• LOVE IT! 2

So in the 40K codexes  it is quite common for GW to put an image of what will be in the combat patrol for a faction in its battletome (Usually at the end of the model gallery). I was wondering is it the same with AOS and vanguard boxes, and does anyone know if the information is avaliable for the two new codexes yet?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alerak said:

So in the 40K codexes  it is quite common for GW to put an image of what will be in the combat patrol for a faction in its battletome (Usually at the end of the model gallery). I was wondering is it the same with AOS and vanguard boxes, and does anyone know if the information is avaliable for the two new codexes yet?

No pictures or clues about those in the tomes. I assume they will announce them latter this years, as even the 40k ones are really delayed.

I’ve totally zoned out for the better part of the last few pages. I’m sure the gaming side of this hobby is fun but man it flies past my head (I also have terrible patience, for humans). 

Every time Someone tries to teach me the game, or even when I watch a how to play video, it actually feels like this -

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

One of the interesting things with Chorfs will be seeing how they are affected by the existence of so many third party takes on the concept 

Because of GW's disinterest in Chorfs, for whatever reason, they never really locked down an aesthetic- their two existing presentations were pretty radically different from each other. So third party Chorf proxies have likewise been pretty creative abd many of them very good.

My thinking/hope looking at the Hobgrots and their armour, and even things like the Sashimimos on the backs of some of the orruks, is that they're going to go with a Samurai weaponsmith culture- think hobgrot style armour but also with kabuki masks and the like.

They're an obvious swap to me because futher to their strict martial hierarchical culture, which is a big part of Chorf lore, early modern samurai armies were pioneering in the use of mass gunpowder units. Also the Oni mythos is an obvious stand in for the middle Eastern inspired demons of the Chorfs as well as a hirthero untapped artistic source for GW which is so imitated elsewhere that respectful cultural representation needn't be a major headache.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/03/06/sunday-preview-spec-ops-skirmishes-come-to-nachmund/

Next WD is supposed to have rules (Tome Celestial?) for Blades of Khorne, which I think is news? Could be taken as a suggestion that a new book for them isn't on the cards any time soon.

Lots of AOS novels recently I love it!! 

• Like 2

At this point, I start to wonder if armies that get White Dwarf updates aren't getting a better deal than the ones that have actual battletomes. Certainly the amount of new content seems about the same-You get new lore, Tactics, Strategies, maybe some additional allegiance abilities or whatever, and the price of the update is far lower...

• Like 3

Maybe I don’t think white dwarf are a great vehicle to be updating rules to begin with especially since it a limited publication and a good amount of people are unaware of them.

it not like the three WD that Gitz  got help them in any way either it a case by case basis.

the best way would just be them release free PDF army updates every time they do a balance pass but they never like making big changes unless it’s monetize 

Edited by novakai
  • Like 3

Unfortunately it feels like updates have been effectively rolled into Warhammer+ vault and app if you dont buy the issue in question, though a PDF compilation with the regular updates would be nice, even if just things like the warscroll changes! 

That said they arent even bothering to put things like hobby bingo or titan banners up online these days, its like the whole company is regressing away from the internet :/ 

• Like 6

On 3/5/2022 at 6:11 PM, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I honestly just like the lore more then the rules at this point. @Public Universal Duardin, when we finally get the prophesied plastic army, how are you going to paint/build them? I have plans for a a Hashut+Slaanesh carnival based on some lore from the Hedonites battletome, or I’m going to make them nautical themed from Zhar Vyxza from the SoB tome ( @KingBrodd please forgive me your swoleness, but I don’t plan on adding any gargants).

The point I’m trying to make here is that as long as we’re having fun with the book and army, who cares how badly the rules suck? know we have some tournament/meta gamers here, but the most important rule is to have fun (followed by the rule of cool).

Unless its a siege mega gargant upgrade sprue. :)

• LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Hope none had any last minute purchases to make, because the prices hike went up an hour early.

50€ for each lumineth troop.

and same 50 for swordmasters and hammerelves, call me crazy but 10€ for every litle elf is waaay too much for me :(

• Sad 3

10 hours ago, Kitsumy said:

50€ for each lumineth troop.

and same 50 for swordmasters and hammerelves, call me crazy but 10€ for every litle elf is waaay too much for me :(

Just a heads up, if you are looking to buy a minimum of 10 stoneguard, 10 wardens, and 10 sentinels, the lumineth warcry box is actually a great deal.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

Just a heads up, if you are looking to buy a minimum of 10 stoneguard, 10 wardens, and 10 sentinels, the lumineth warcry box is actually a great deal.

Ooh so so tempting from a indie as well!

Anyway! Back to rumours…

Adepticon is about two weeks away and I’m fairly sure we will be getting a preview. Hopefully some more will be shown about the mysterious battletomes they put on the road map. 

• LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Ooh so so tempting from a indie as well!

Anyway! Back to rumours…

Adepticon is about two weeks away and I’m fairly sure we will be getting a preview. Hopefully some more will be shown about the mysterious battletomes they put on the road map. 

Fingers crossed we get something substantial announced!! The next 2 Tomes would be great and hopefully we get more silhouettes of the Autumn Factions. My moneys on another Chaos Tome and Destruction.

13 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Fingers crossed we get something substantial announced!! The next 2 Tomes would be great and hopefully we get more silhouettes of the Autumn Factions. My moneys on another Chaos Tome and Destruction.

Fomo boxes and disappointment is what await us. Unless there really is more Nighthaunt left unreveal

I doubt they will reveal stuff past summer anyway since Autumn release are usually reserve for NOVA in September. adepticon is for whatever in the next three months (Necromunda Ash waste for example)

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1