The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Ragest said:

If you grab 2 for 10 sents you are losing 100€ xD

And is only useful if you have a normal box or even underworlds models to proxy the leadee, because if not you are going to lose the wizard in the unit.

Disaster box for aos

What? It's not a disaster at all, buy two boxes, get 30 models for the price of 20, more or less. I only wish that box was around when I was buying my LRL army.

The full Sentinel and Warden boxes are just the same 5 model sprue repeated, so you lose nothing getting the two halves split into boxes, you have all options regardless.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Guess what GW stores do if they need to clear shelf space. The heads up is astronomical.

@Gailon Seraphon are one of the worst books Imo. It forces you into shooting and other cheese while entirely neglecting melee combat of Saurus, which were supposed to be an elite infantry. 😕

I have lamented the neglect of Saurus, but we all just kind of ignore that Koatl’s Claw (Saurus subfaction) has a solid win percentage in competitive play. But I don’t know that the neglect of Saurus warriors makes it a terrible book. You can look at a list and tell what the faction is and the different factions play very different in style and tactical options/choice. 

The 40K rotation articles states "These miniatures will be rotated out on the 27th of February, so you have until then to grab any that you might have missed. We guarantee that anyone who orders one of these kits before then will get one.".

My friend has ordered one of the listed models, and the confirmation email from GW stated up to 6 months for delivery - which suggests they're preparing to need to produce more than what's currently sat on shelves.

8 minutes ago, Merlyn said:

My friend has ordered one of the listed models, and the confirmation email from GW stated up to 6 months for delivery - which suggests they're preparing to need to produce more than what's currently sat on shelves.

I got a similar message when I ordered Anasta Malkorion, and she arrived within weeks. I think it's a "just in case" thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merlyn said:

The 40K rotation articles states "These miniatures will be rotated out on the 27th of February, so you have until then to grab any that you might have missed. We guarantee that anyone who orders one of these kits before then will get one.".

Why is your friend just now ordering 7-25 year old finecast stuff?

1 hour ago, Merlyn said:

All of their made to order stuff says it could take 6 months, it's highly unlikely it will tho. They are just covering themselves in case however. 

13 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Because he likes the models probably. 

Don't forget the amount of people who play games, paint and collect is massive, way bigger than it appears from social media. 

I wouldn't be suprised if the models going into rotation have a few orders a month.

People wanting the models they had as kids, those wanting to complete a collection, conversion ideas. 

The hobby is as varied as the models in it, which is one of the great things about it. 

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

All of their made to order stuff says it could take 6 months, it's highly unlikely it will tho. They are just covering themselves in case however. 

Don't forget the amount of people who play games, paint and collect is massive, way bigger than it appears from social media. 

I wouldn't be suprised if the models going into rotation have a few orders a month.

People wanting the models they had as kids, those wanting to complete a collection, conversion ideas. 

The hobby is as varied as the models in it, which is one of the great things about it. 

Sure I get that but unless he started the hobby literally last week its kinda a 🤷‍♂️. Cant expect any company to keep all of their products and inventory over the course of the companies lifetime. And if he did start just last week then I guess its sucks to start..late? Like 30 years late lol

12 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

This. I'd wager far more people simply collect and paint than actually game. When I was younger in my group of friends 8 of us collected Warhammer and not one of us gamed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

FOMO. There a whole load of models on my "maybe one day" list that I'd snap up while I could if they were about to be discontinued. And will otherwise stay on my "maybe one day" list unbought for the next few years or more.

(ps - please don't tell GW I said this...)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Just Black Library Celebration next week.

Guess there's the Kragnos book, but that's about it for AoS. Tangentially the Witch Hunter re-print.

ydlnRVWBsUGFKXlJ.jpg

Oh and the Blood Bowl Goblin specials.

RK6YPxULZng1t0G7.jpg

Cant wait to read Kragnos!! But just looking at that page its shocking how much more 40K there is than AOS. I know we have Gothghul Hollow and the Ven Densts books coming out but the sheer number of 40K stories is insane.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

Cant wait to read Kragnos!! But just looking at that page its shocking how much more 40K there is than AOS. I know we have Gothghul Hollow and the Ven Densts books coming out but the sheer number of 40K stories is insane.

There was a post by ADB somewhere - might've been Reddit or B&C - where I believe he said the only BL books that really sell are about Space Marines and that if BL cared only about sheer profit, they'd never release anything but Horus Heresy and Marine books covering the big three Chapters. 

Even Inquisition, Imperial Guard and Chaos books don't seem to shift too well. 

With BL being the only arm of GW that's been losing money or barely making a profit, I guess it's not too much of a surprise the focus is overwhelmingly on 40k.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, Ogregut said:

This. I am a painter collector with sadly no time to play. 

56 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

There was a post by ADB somewhere - might've been Reddit or B&C - where I believe he said the only BL books that really sell are about Space Marines and that if BL cared only about sheer profit, they'd never release anything but Horus Heresy and Marine books covering the big three Chapters. 

With BL being the only arm of GW that's been losing money or barely making a profit, I guess it's not too much of a surprise the focus is overwhelmingly on 40k.

Damn then I really shouldn't complain!!

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The exception being books by ADB himself - I swear the man could write about the fungal stage of an Ork's life cycle and we'd all buy it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ragest said:

If you grab 2 for 10 sents you are losing 100€ xD

And is only useful if you have a normal box or even underworlds models to proxy the leadee, because if not you are going to lose the wizard in the unit.

Disaster box for aos

For AoS, yes.

Unless this means Wardens and Sentinels are going to be 5 models/unit in the new book.

5 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Josh Reynolds said that Soul Wars was one of his best performing books. So it's marines and tie ins that sell. 

It's still a bummer that Spear of Shadows didn't sell. If that book had been a hit, Josh might not have left. It's also one of the strongest examples that what the community says they want isn't what they buy. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I’m also really looking forward to Kragnos’ novel. Which is strange, considering I was as equally tepid to his reveal as most. However, he’s been growing on me as a character recently, and I’d be interested to see him get more fleshed out as the Era of the Beast gets going (at last). 

The Van Denst’s book ‘Hallowed Ground’ has piqued my interest too, not just because it’s by Richard Strachan, but because I enjoyed their characters in Broken Realms and hoped we’d see more of them. AoS’ story seems to move so fast I don’t expect human characters too stick around very long (unless Gelan is going to end up as a Stormcast). I’m hoping both books will flesh out the fallout of the siege of Excelsis more than Broken Realms: Kragnos did on its own rather than skirting around advancing the plot like the Dominion novel did…

• Like 4

Kragnos novel is probably a direct result of nobody wanting to buy Kragnos himself.  GW is trying promote him and make people like him but eh.... I honestly understand them and happy for people who like Kragnos, but for me he will always be an unnecessary and bizzare addition to destruction.  (not to mention this is 160$ model that costs 720 points in game and can die to a blob of sentinels/snakes)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

From what year is that quote? I thought Gotrek sold well either way.

And this would be even more of a self fulfilling prophecy than models.

If you are an Eldar player and once every five years there's a book about Eldar, why even bother looking at Black Library at all?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

This. I'd wager far more people simply collect and paint than actually game. When I was younger in my group of friends 8 of us collected Warhammer and not one of us gamed. 

GW makes good models, but I don't like anything they put to paper.

The models are used in games though, just not Warhammer.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dnusha said:

Kragnos novel is probably a direct result of nobody wanting to buy Kragnos himself.  GW is trying promote him and make people like him but eh.... I honestly understand them and happy for people who like Kragnos, but for me he will always be an unnecessary and bizzare addition to destruction.  (not to mention this is 160$ model that costs 720 points in game and can die to a blob of sentinels/snakes)

I think the novel results from the start of the Era of the Beast revolving around him. A lot of the disappointment around him came from many assuming he would be a Kurnothi or BoC character at first, understandably. Personally, I feel his general background and character works for Destruction as a whole; it’s better that the entire grand alliance doesn’t revolve around green skins. His design has grown on me, he just needs some fleshing out and more exciting motives. I don’t see any problem with GW hopefully attempting to do just that.

He had a bad war scroll in Broken Realms. It’s gotten better. He mainly buffs charging, so he’s alright in Beastclaw Raiders. Sadly Kruleboyz have no cavalry (aside from the Great nashtoof), so he’s still not a great fit there. Definitely an expensive model. The thing is, as with all GW’s big centrepiece models, they will continue to tweak them until they’re good. I got him for £65 due to my mad eBay skills and precisely because he isn’t very popular right now. I mainly want him to paint and play some narrative games. However, I predict a time in the future where he will have decent rules.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

something to do with a 30 year head start twinkle.

That and it's easier to write good pew pew than good swords and sorcery.

That and sci-fi is way more popular, which is a shame as fantasy can now come into it's cinematic age properly if someone gave it a chance with a massively huge budget. - and I add to that on a regular basis , spitting out a good fantasy film or series regularly as opposed to every blue moon vs the scifi stuff that comes out by comparison.

I mean, I'd just love to see something like the Dragonlance saga brought to life.  That would make an amazing trilogy.

Edited by Kaleb Daark