The Rumour Thread

46 minutes ago, Wordy9th said:

Another battlebox out of nowhere with no real indication of how it ties into the lore or story of third edition? Cmon GW!

Yeah there are a few races who could really use an indication to something.

For example the skaven, a faction that has eradicated many old world factions, removed the homeland of many, and even destroyed a moon.

As it is in aos, they aren’t even really mentioned, their reason for war never really comes unbarring in the realms, and it is a seldom to even just here of their mischievous ways.

let them come back, let them be what they once were .

let them kill-steal stormcast souls.

ps: found a great video, if anybody is interested:

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wordy9th said:

Another battlebox out of nowhere with no real indication of how it ties into the lore or story of third edition? Cmon GW!

This isn’t a battle box, it’s two bundles with a start collecting and half of the Loonwar battle box that was released a couple of years ago. I’m guessing GW had some leftover copies of the art that was in that box and wanted to shift it, so put these bundles online

57 minutes ago, Adamcbutton said:

This isn’t a battle box, it’s two bundles with a start collecting and half of the Loonwar battle box that was released a couple of years ago. I’m guessing GW had some leftover copies of the art that was in that box and wanted to shift it, so put these bundles online

But.

it has a mangler squig in it and is limited.

if the price is right, i could see these limited edition bundles being sold pretty easily 

20 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I'm in the hospital right now having my first ever surgery today and I'm not above trying to leverage my suffering to get whitefang to put my mind at ease by telling me beasts arent getting squatted lol.

Good luck today mate I'm sure itll all go amazing.

17 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Seem to have forgotten the rumour engine today? It’s usually the first article on a Tuesday. 

I was just gunna mention this myself, wheres the 40K Obscure Article?

50 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I'm in the hospital right now having my first ever surgery today and I'm not above trying to leverage my suffering to get whitefang to put my mind at ease by telling me beasts arent getting squatted lol.

The icon was not about your situation but about leveraging it.

Get well soon, otherwise all those new Beasts kits that are certainly coming in the next few centuries will be without you!

Edited by zilberfrid

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

So, the Sylvaneth Start Collecting is 70€, the Warsong Revenant is 42,50€ and the Hunters are 46€. Am I missing something or do they charge over 50€ for the artwork?! 

There are 2 units of hunters. So basically the artwork is for free and you are paying standard amount for models.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

The first Tuesday in months without a Rumour Engine... I feel empty right now.

Imagine if they had nothing new to reveal... 😖

7 hours ago, Iksdee said:

Edit: On a more serious note, nobody called Chorfs confirmed for the summer release yet XD?

A few pages ago I posted my usual copium comments, but if you mean "Has anyone reputable mentioned Chorfs coming this summer", then the answer is...no.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Starfyre said:

We can finally lay the soup rumours to rest. 

I don't think so, at least not yet. If Grombrindal comes back, and the Dwarfs still aren't souped... then I think we can lay them to rest.

The rumors led me to believe he was the lynchpin.

Also, I'm not sure if Elf soup was ever a rumor or if it was just speculation based on Dwarf soup.

Regardless, the threat/dream (depending on your viewpoint) of soup remains imo

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Red Bull said:

Also, I'm not sure if Elf soup was ever a rumor or if it was just speculation based on Dwarf soup.

There were no Elf Soup rumours, but equally I don't think there's ever been any legitimately sourced Dwarf Soup rumours either. It was entirely educated guesses based off Mawtribes/Warclans and the lore talking about Grungni wanting reunification. It just took on a life of it's own because it was parroted enough.

Sort of like all those now debunked """leaks""" saying Ossiarchs were getting a new 'tome and an archer unit any day now because their Underworlds warband had a model with a bow.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Red Bull said:

I don't think so, at least not yet. If Grombrindal comes back, and the Dwarfs still aren't souped... then I think we can lay them to rest.

The rumors led me to believe he was the lynchpin.

Regardless, the threat/dream (depending on your viewpoint) of soup remains imo

And then they made the Grungni new dwarves+KO soup leaving Grimnir's sons out (cuz GW hates them).
XD.

• Like 2

I believe combined duradin tome originated from Tom of Warhammer weekly but I believe he was just saying what he thought or wish would happen rather then it being an inside source saying it. And like Vampirates it just take a life of it own and get regurgitate everywhere from 4chan and anon post.

just like how I feel combined Beast and STD book came from Neverchosen 

I always thought if Grugni was returning into AoS as a model he would just get Legion of the first prince rules instead of a dedicated tome release

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I don't think there's ever been any legitimately sourced Dwarf Soup rumours either. It was entirely educated guesses based off Mawtribes/Warclans and the lore talking about Grungni wanting reunification. It just took on a life of it's own because it was parroted enough.

I swear I remember Whitefang kind of pointing people towards Dwarf soup, but it's possible I misread his portents.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I hate soup but Ironweld(dwarvish part ofc)\Dispossessed+some new Grungni "faction" could be a nice idea still.
But KO don't need gods.

Yeah, giving Ironweld and Disposessed more interplay and a basis for the Grungni boz is hardly souping. Though Disposessed + the dwarven part of Ironweld still gives 1.5 times the non-hero warscrolls Fyreslayers have.