The Rumour Thread

I'm really happy for the FS fans who feared soup (even if the army definitely needs models and not just updated rules!)! The reusing of cover art seems a bit silly, as I think it's awesome to see the cover art changing with each edition.

I know we're all thinking we'll have Shady Skaven Summer but you know me, I'm going to huff hopium that this is the Chaos Duardin army of my dreams just waiting in the horizon.

...with Valaya's Duardin Golems as an obvious opposition!

• Like 7

I am so happy that GW did an AOS roadmap, I literally breathed a sigh of relief!!

Fantastic news for Fyreslayer fans that they arent souped, who know new models may yet appear?

Same goes for DOK fans, with Adepticon coming up it wouldnt be too surprising now to see a new unit or two for them what with the quick turn around in BTs as @novakaisaid.

Regarding the reused Tome covers I highly doubt that will affect the contents within, though I too would rather Mawtribes and the Sons to get new covers.

Interesting that Chaos and Order have Tomes in Summer as many of those rumours said it was an Ogor Summer. Doesnt mean it still wont be but I could see them being pushed into Autumn if that was true at all. Which if it wasnt...OGOR REFRESH IS BACK ON THE MENU!!

• Like 3

Tbh six months of just a pair of models still is not what i'd define a good release plan.

Still 40k had sone months also of drought so i can see why (delays and so on).

And rules updates matters as some armies ar not in a good shape.

Also i could see summer as a perfect timeframe to release some more things with battletomes as probably spring is csm time for 40k.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 1

On 1/29/2022 at 4:33 AM, Baron Klatz said:

Now we just need a continuation of that problem in the next big waves with Gloomspite(leading up to Grotbag Scuttlers) and Skaven so all 4 Grand Alliances can be enjoy an eyecandy stream faction. :D 

I'm biased since I love gitz but I'd be down. The only other destruction army that needs an update is ogors. Bonesplitterz just need plastic characters.

1 hour ago, KarrWolves said:

AoS BattletomeRoadmap Jan31 Roadmap

Edit: that's not a rumour but that's finally a roadmap for AoS

Gitz players on suicide watch. Terrible rules, Terrible winter update, no battletome, no tome celestial. There's still fall I guess though.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

I'm biased since I love gitz but I'd be down. The only other destruction army that needs an update is ogors. Bonesplitterz just need plastic characters.

Gitz players on suicide watch. Terrible rules, Terrible winter update, no battletome, no tome celestial. There's still fall I guess though.

Eh it whatever, I didn’t expect a gitz tome anytime soon especially given how bad some rumors are and it probably better for your tome to be release later rather then now, no need to drink asinine over lackluster update system like FAQs and tome celestial (which GiTz have three of anyway).

as a hobbyist I rather like models over rules anyway

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Lowki said:

What if FS and NH are actually getting more models released, and the BT cover would reveal this...could that be a reason to use the old? Just thinking out loud, seems a bit unlikely to me though

Iirc they have never reused art for a battle tomes cover before (checked all of AoS, not sure about 40k and Fantasy)... would be a very odd decision to start now.

Very excited to see what is in IDK/FS/NH tomes.

DoK I am apprehensive about. The current book is great, arguably my single favourite battletome. There are some minor changes I'd like to see but I do worry that Morathi and the snakes are going to get pounded nto oblivion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

I’m pretty certain that the reason only idk has new cover art is all the other 3 are getting a unit which we don’t know about yet, eg Maggotkin cover was the new mini which came out with the tome 

They've re-used cover art before. IIRC most of the 7th edition 40k books had the same covers as the 6th ones (or at least the ork one did) which was super confusing because they didn't change the color of the bindings or anything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mojojojo101 said:

Iirc they have never reused art for a battle tomes cover before (checked all of AoS, not sure about 40k and Fantasy)... would be a very odd decision to start now.

Very excited to see what is in IDK/FS/NH tomes.

DoK I am apprehensive about. The current book is great, arguably my single favourite battletome. There are some minor changes I'd like to see but I do worry that Morathi and the snakes are going to get pounded nto oblivion.

They reused the Codex cover art for most armies between 7th and 8th edition 40k, just adjusted the covers to match the current branding.

I'm apprehensive that any of these will see more models than we've already seen although I stand to be surprised. I'm hoping DoK tie in the Har Kuron rules into the same book though.

Chaos and Order in summer, I'll be hoping for Skaven and Sylvaneth, with a big range refresh for Skaven and some new Kurnothi units for Sylvaneth

• Like 2