The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I do feel for FS players if there is indeed not anything more coming this Edition.* I know it's not as bad as WHFB days but if it's your Faction, especially if you only play one, that gets ignored it may as well be. 

6 years is a hell of a ****** long time to wait for minis and the thought of waiting another 3? Nah mate.

*Fingers and Ur-Runes crossed there will be another unit revealed.

As fyreslayer player i can tell you my solution to this: i have other 3 armys,so if gw dont release nothing for fyreslayers i have others 3 armys that i can continue getting new models(one is citys that is almost imposible get every model and i am a collector mainly so i need have one of each unit of the tome)

But yes,its sucks that after 7 years fyreslayers only have 2 box of units(3 scrolls of non heroes) and meanwhile i see new releases of other armys as sc,every daemon faction(2 diferent releases for slanesh,each with more new kits that all the fs range) or lumineths getting a second wave and very posible other soon.....

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Doko said:

As fyreslayer player i can tell you my solution to this: i have other 3 armys,so if gw dont release nothing for fyreslayers i have others 3 armys that i can continue getting new models(one is citys that is almost imposible get every model and i am a collector mainly so i need have one of each unit of the tome)

But yes,its sucks that after 7 years fyreslayers only have 2 box of units(3 scrolls of non heroes) and meanwhile i see new releases of other armys as sc,every daemon faction(2 diferent releases for slanesh,each with more new kits that all the fs range) or lumineths getting a second wave and very posible other soon.....

i feel you mate,

we skaven players haven’t gotten a real update for years now.

and it can’t be helped that a good amount of our units are around 20-25 years old at this point.

we really want and desperately need an update

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Magnusaur said:

I want to say no. There's been cases were a battlebox included multiple new units for an army that then received more stuff later or in parallel, like with Genestealer Cults and Ossiarchs, but when it comes to single-model releases it's a one-and-done type of deal.

Wait, I suppose Sisters got a bunch of stuff alongside the Palantine that was included in Piety and Pain? And Daughters of Khaine got endless spells alongside the Ironscale Medusa. Maybe?

Slaanesh also got an entire wave of mortal units following the one mortal hero in the DoK/Slaanesh battlebox. There are precedents, if rare.

1 hour ago, Magnusaur said:

I want to say no. There's been cases were a battlebox included multiple new units for an army that then received more stuff later or in parallel, like with Genestealer Cults and Ossiarchs, but when it comes to single-model releases it's a one-and-done type of deal.

Wait, I suppose Sisters got a bunch of stuff alongside the Palantine that was included in Piety and Pain? And Daughters of Khaine got endless spells alongside the Ironscale Medusa. Maybe?

It’s a flip of a coin really. Most of the time a battle box one and done for both sides and afterwards it just your army rulebook ( Hexfire, Shadow Throne, Aether War, and Carrion Empire). Sometime it leads to one side getting stuff later on and other side is generally just a book (Piety and Pain, Pain and Pleasure, And maybe Saga of the Beast and Blight Wars). There was few time that the boxes where tied to a new release with the battle box having actual new miniatures in it for one side (Feast of Bones and Looncurse (may have been issues)). Then there those rare time where the battle box contain new miniatures and it lead to new miniatures for both armies  later down the line ( has only been in 40K, with Shadowspear and then now with Eldritch Omens, though I guess technically that weird Wraith and Rapture box counts too I guess)

but hope lead to disappointment so with no buzz about new models for FS or Deepkin it hard to hope for more atm.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, novakai said:

but hope lead to disappointment so with no buzz about new models for FS or Deepkin it hard to hope for more atm.

I hate to say it but that is the nail in the coffin for these releases as far as I am concerned. No rumours, no hints during the new year trailer, no rumour engine images*, not even supporting Whitefang reacts. I do not think it is all doom and gloom as there is still some chance of some later releases to coincide some future Broken Realms styled event but that would likely be dependent on their popularity and with this box who knows how many players will check out these factions?

*I mean there is a strange Duardin Icon that has not been resolved but that is as likely related to KO, underworlds, warcry, chaos dwarves, cities or cursed city.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Sometimes it just feels as if gw has some kind of magnet, with which they can keep the flipping coin in the air for eons.

I really hope that that isn’t the case for the skaven

Well the entire range bar an underworlds band and the bombadier is pre AoS, couple of bits are 90's era... Seems thats pretty much whats happening...
(Though in fairness they did get a solid range update not long before endtimes as i recall?)

45 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Well the entire range bar an underworlds band and the bombadier is pre AoS, couple of bits are 90's era... Seems thats pretty much whats happening...
(Though in fairness they did get a solid range update not long before endtimes as i recall?)

That is true, though same could be said about the highelf, seraphon and even dispossessed.

yet those updates have been a long long time ago.

And yes the current underworld warband and the warlock bombardiers have been great addition to the range, yet 61.333 percent of range still look less like rats and more like monkeys, cost undeniable halve a body (acolytes) or straight up just look bad.

I really do think it is time for a refresh, and I do hope that the rumors for 2023 are true 

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Magnusaur said:

Those were armies that were actually worked on though, which isn't the case for Fyreslayers.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, woolf said:

one other thing on this about army updates, how many of us actually play exclusively one army? has there been any polls on how many armies ppl typically collect?

I still consider myself fairly new to the hobby (about 2.5yrs) and already have started 3... and it's the same with others in my group. And I would assume I will add to that number over the coming years so it's not really a huge issue (for me at least) if a particular one goes without update for quite a while... still so much more models available than time to paint 😅

I hear what you say and I also collect 2-3 armies myself while dreaming of starting a 4th.

However 2 of those armies was started mainly because I got tired of waiting for updates. 
If I have but one hope for the future of AOS it is for the powercreep to stop. So far it seems like my wish might come true but I guess we know if GW once again has to turn up the heat to sell factions that is unpopular due to having few units. I believe they did so for AOS 2.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, woolf said:

one other thing on this about army updates, how many of us actually play exclusively one army? has there been any polls on how many armies ppl typically collect?

I still consider myself fairly new to the hobby (about 2.5yrs) and already have started 3... and it's the same with others in my group. And I would assume I will add to that number over the coming years so it's not really a huge issue (for me at least) if a particular one goes without update for quite a while... still so much more models available than time to paint 😅

Me me 🙋 I only really play one army for AoS -but it's SCE so I can field a lot of completely different lists and (for the foreseeable future) don't risk to be forgotten for more than the duration of an edition. Instead of collecting multiple armies I went the way of risk diversification and I try to collect one army for each system represented in my club (40k and ASOIAF mainly)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

I guess this raises the chances of being the next pre-order, but still no mention of battletomes, and that Gotrek novel isn't out for a while either. It's a bit curious.

For all the disappointment these meh releases cause, GW is only following what we've been told was the plan for AoS since the beginning. 

Back when the first AoS rumors (that all turned out to be true) came out from Atia and Hastings, etc. on Warseer they said GW would release small armies and then move on with no plan to support them.

I suppose that plan might have been modified (see Stormcast or Lumineth) but in general it seems to be the guideline for this game. And, as long as folks continue to support that plan it will continue. It makes sense from a business perspective. Why make multiple units and sell two or three boxes of each when you can make one box and if people want to play they need to buy five or six boxes of it?