The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, novakai said:

I going on to guess it a New Avatar of Khaine for Eldar since last year was a AoS model so they do a 40K this year.

I imagined that a new Avatar of Khaine would be a cross-system model like Be'lakor, but I suppose that would leave the existing model in the AoS Cauldron of Blood kit in a really weird place.

1 hour ago, Brian Damage said:

I imagined that a new Avatar of Khaine would be a cross-system model like Be'lakor, but I suppose that would leave the existing model in the AoS Cauldron of Blood kit in a really weird place.

It might get a new name in AOS like aspect of Khaine or Manifestation of Khaine? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Expecting to see some glimpses of Eldar, Chaos Space Marines, Cursed City Expansions, Warcry models and a hint at the next hero model after the Fyreslayer/IDK box! With a big reveal of a cool Eldar model 😁

What I want to see is some new Idoneth and Fyreslayer units 😭

New Idoneth or Fyreslayer would be amazing!! Also hoping for some Warcry or Cursed City Expansions.

Dream? New Ogors.

6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

New Idoneth or Fyreslayer would be amazing!! Also hoping for some Warcry or Cursed City Expansions.

Dream? New Ogors.

If we’re talking dreams then I just hope Tomb Kings get mentioned in The Old World, Chaos Dwarfs, and some Horus Heresy news. Anything else would just be icing on the proverbial cake.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

If we’re talking dreams then I just hope Tomb Kings get mentioned in The Old World, Chaos Dwarfs, and some Horus Heresy news. Anything else would just be icing on the proverbial cake.

The only Horus Heresy news I want to hear is that Xenos invade part way through the narrative and one of those xenos armies is Chaos Squats coming from the parallel dimension of the mortal realms!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Malakithe said:

I read that in what I feel is a darker, gloomier, more emo version of Edgar Allen Poe.

I wish! Then I would have looked well-read, mysterious, bad girl energy

Instead it was from an almost decade old children's TV show

And I, an adult in my prime...m-made a parody version...

...on a Warhammer forum...

...on New Year's Eve...

...all alone...

...oh god.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Khiane looks quite different between 40K and AOS even before Morathi claimed his place.

Not by much. I'm looking at the two right now and the only differences are that the Eldar one has more gems and symbols. I don't see any reason why they couldn't redesign the model to work for both, like Belakor. Frankly it'd be dumb not to double dip on players' wallets.

Now will they do that? I doubt it purely on the basis that GW relishes in disappointing me.

Edited by Mutton
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I would not expect the model to be duel purpose; I'd expect it to be 40K only. Khaine in AoS is just very different and the way that the Daughters of Khaine are right now it would take some major lore advances since Morathi has stolen the position in all but name now and is very overt that SHE is the head of the cult now. Now that she's stolen some God Powers of her own she's got far more personal strength and less reliance on the Heart of Khaine which is still the only bit of Khaine in the whole of AoS 

• Like 2

Khaine in the two universes is very different and the 40k Avatar is covered in specific and very explicitly Asuryani symbols. The Avatar of Khaine in AOS is based off of the old Druchii designs and aesthetics. Apart from both being elves, these two factions share basically nothing when it comes to aesthetics or stylings.

Not that they couldn't do it, but you'd need a dual kit that has entirely different head/helmet pieces, entirely different chest pieces and completely different swords. And even then the rest of the body is going to look really glaringly off it leans into a specific style that is at odds with the other system it's being used in.

Like, despite the fantasy Avatar being around for a good few years now, in plastic and able to bought for cheap 2nd hand off of places like ebay, the majority of CWE players do not use it as a 40k Avatar model and it's precisely because of the above.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Gailon said:

I heard one YouTuber (cinderfall gaming?) saying that Silent People would be death worshippers who live under Beast Grave. 

I could definitely see having a death faction that wasn’t undead, but consisted of worshippers of death. Makes some sense for a big race that probably consumes the dead to worship death.  

A death faction of cave-dwellers who aren't dead themselves, worship death/Nagash and who consume the dead, you say? You just basically described Flesheater Courts, I think. 

I personally wouldn't hold my breath for Silent People. They had the perfect opportunity to introduce them as a band for Underworlds in Beastgrave or Direchasm to test the waters. They didn't. 

Maybe Kragnos could try to awaken/open Beastgrave in the AOS main narrative and they would come scuttling out, but I doubt that since it would turn the focus from Destruction to Death again. And when the last three minis proved one thing, it's that this is the era of the ... Nevermind.

Btw: Happy new year, TGA!

Edited by Maogrim
  • Like 1