The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Lowki said:

I think the right place for any feedback is here: Feedback - The Grand Alliance Community (tga.community)

I think however, if you do, you may not want to make it sound like you paid a lot for something dead on arrival. This site is for free (contributers aside) and people are putting their free time and effort in it, and maybe even money. That is something we should respect in my opinion.

Just my 1.5 cents  

This argument ist just meh. 
just because something is free means that criticism is not allowed? Every big forum out there is free! Come on…

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

The Siege of Excelsis really should be something like “all against destruction”, lore wise at least.

Under the influence of Goddrak and, potentially, Kragnos, I guess, ah, we will see every destruction force involved.

The later BR fictions have empathized that  in Goddrak‘s great waaagh you can find every destruction faction, especially mega-Gargants as valuable personnels.

Especially Mega Gargants brings a smile to my face.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, rosa said:

just because something is free means that criticism is not allowed? Every big forum out there is free! Come on…

Ok I don’t want to make this into an endless discussion about something we probably will never agree uppon. I will  not convince you, just  like you will never convince me from the opposite. So better not waste too much of our time on it 

Only thing I want to say about it further, is that this is not about not being allowed to critizise just because it is free. What I try to say is that if there is something not working as it should, or could be done better, it would be far more constructive, even helpfull to report this in a respectfull manner at the place on this board that is meant for it, and not by repeatedly posting complaints all over the board about how bad everything is. Not sure what you are trying to achieve here. 

apart from that, not jumping to the first unread post, isn’t something I would call unusable or unacceptable...

sorry if you don’t like what I am saying, but thats how I feel about it.

Edited by Lowki
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 9

1 hour ago, rosa said:

Co textually do you think that people running and moderating this forum on daily basis want to sabotage themselves? A yuuuge yearly update just happened and you can complain but dont be tonally deaf. 

i think it is konda weird that I imagine the tone you were using suits something when corporwtions F over people and lie to them rather than as a feedback to a small scale forum moderators. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

Not true, they’re confirmed for a ‘future’ Broken Realms book but they didn’t actually say which one unless they updated the articles

"Just what plans do these powerful scions of Slaanesh have in store for the Mortal Realms? You’ll need to read Broken Realms: Kragnos to find out where they interweave with the Seraphon’s venerable Lord Kroak and a certain family of witch hunters."

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/19/quiz-which-of-these-new-slaaneshi-daemons-are-you/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just read someone saying there's a rumor that AoS 3.0 will get rid of battalions.  Anyone else read this anywhere?  And do we think that's credible?  That would ****** my Beasts of Khorne over pretty bad.  Can't think they'd do that though, battalions make things interesting, and they cost points so can't be abused nearly like old Formations in 40k.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Just read someone saying there's a rumor that AoS 3.0 will get rid of battalions.  Anyone else read this anywhere?  And do we think that's credible?  That would ****** my Beasts of Khorne over pretty bad.  Can't think they'd do that though, battalions make things interesting, and they cost points so can't be abused nearly like old Formations in 40k.

The rumour is they will be replaced by generic battalions.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Quick question guys, if I have a GW Voucher, do I have to spend the full amount at once? Say if I spent £40/50 would I have £10 left over? Silly question just had never occurred to me before.

I split mine over two FW orders, I would assume it works the same for GW. You're basically just buying store credit.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, rosa said:

I repeat: the new forum on mobile is just horrible. Much worse than the version before. The problem is that the sites are loading on page one and doesn’t display the first unread messages. 

really, the new forum is totally unacceptable and unusable. 
i can’t be the only one…..

I’ve had no issues my end with the mobile forums, as someone with bad eye sight I find the forums much easier to read. It’s a little slower perhaps at times but it’s so much easier on the eyes. 

So I got to thinking, and 9th edition 40k changed the board sizes to be smaller.  I noticed that A) the Shattered Dominion board is no longer available and B) the Hallowheart or whatever it's called board, the one that's several pieces of thick card, is roughly the same size as the new 40k board size.

Could that mean that AOS will get a reduced board size too?  Considering that would make melee better, maybe that's the counter to the fear of charge reactions making shooting even better?

*I know the size is a "minimum" but in 40k at least it quickly became the default once all the major tournaments said they would adopt the new size as the baseline.  So I'd expect the same thing to happen in AOS and the "minimum" to become the only way.

2 minutes ago, wayniac said:

So I got to thinking, and 9th edition 40k changed the board sizes to be smaller.  I noticed that A) the Shattered Dominion board is no longer available and B) the Hallowheart or whatever it's called board, the one that's several pieces of thick card, is roughly the same size as the new 40k board size.

Could that mean that AOS will get a reduced board size too?  Considering that would make melee better, maybe that's the counter to the fear of charge reactions making shooting even better?

*I know the size is a "minimum" but in 40k at least it quickly became the default once all the major tournaments said they would adopt the new size as the baseline.  So I'd expect the same thing to happen in AOS and the "minimum" to become the only way.

I think that the change that most people agree will happen because it makes more sense for GW to have both of their system on the same board size especially if they want to start selling boards in the future

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, novakai said:

I think that the change that most people agree will happen because it makes more sense for GW to have both of their system on the same board size especially if they want to start selling boards in the future

Exactly.  They technically already did, since there's Hallowheart and Moon Base something or other for 40k which seem to be that size.  So it's definitely a good thing IMHO even if people will say its a minimum but nobody will treat it as that.

6 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

"Just what plans do these powerful scions of Slaanesh have in store for the Mortal Realms? You’ll need to read Broken Realms: Kragnos to find out where they interweave with the Seraphon’s venerable Lord Kroak and a certain family of witch hunters."

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/04/19/quiz-which-of-these-new-slaaneshi-daemons-are-you/

Ah I see, I stand corrected. My apologies 

• Like 1

I personally like almost all of the rumoured changes. However, I am being pretty cautious regarding this leak, not because of the possible voracity of the source, I would simply like to see the rules firsthand before making any real judgements. For example I think charge reactions tied to command points sounds like a really fun mechanic, but could become really unbalanced depending on how armies generate these points and which units can take advantage of specific reactions. I think that having smaller table sizes is a great thing for those of us with less space, personally I have been playing on smaller tables by virtue of living in an apartment. But even this could give strange new balancing issues although I do like it for my love of quicker pick up games. Finally I think the turn 3 objective removal sounds really weird and doesn't really take away any of the RNG that makes people upset about the turn roll off... but if the scenarios are designed around this mechanic it could honestly be great fun. 

I feel like I have been absent from the discourse of these rumours as real life has really gotten in the way of my hobby lately. But in truth, I doubt anyone was waiting with bated breath for the random musings of the Neverchosen on this! 😅 

Either way, I am taking a wait and see approach on this rumour.  I am more interested in these rumoured Bretonniancast Eternals.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, wayniac said:

100% guaranteed at this point. The new sizes in 40K are specifically the size you get by adding multiple Kill Team/Warcry etc boards together. Also it’s the same size as the Hallowheart/Moon Base board+terrain sets

• Thanks 1

Generic battalions... Hope this is just a rumour. It kills diversity. Everything generic is the opposite of what we should want for AoS. It's the diversity in rules, models, playstyles that makes this game interesting. Just as with other rules, some need to be balanced. There is a lot of useless ones used only to lower drops and many that seem op like reroll all hit rolls. That they are not balanced isn't the fault of them being specific for every faction but the battletome writers. It's like removing allegiance abilities because some are better than others.

Edited by Aeryenn
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

That is true but, there are battetomes that have outright just terrible battailons.

For example have your ever seen a non pestilens skavenplayer use one, that wasn’t part of some narrative game??

• Like 1