The Rumour Thread

43 minutes ago, PJetski said:

This game looks better every time I see it. I assumed it would be some mobile phone gacha nonsense cashing in on the AOS name but it actually looks good.

The developers put a lot of effort into the models and animations, seems they really care about the IP.

this was always supposed to be a 'full' strategy game, there's also another in the works that I don't think we've seen yet. Way back when GW teased future game releases they were pretty clear that AOS has two non-mobile strategy games coming out. I'm hoping for an RPG at some point too, a friend mentioned "Darksiders but AOS" and I cannot get it out of my head now

47 minutes ago, PJetski said:

This game looks better every time I see it. I assumed it would be some mobile phone gacha nonsense cashing in on the AOS name but it actually looks good.

The developers put a lot of effort into the models and animations, seems they really care about the IP.

They're ex-Relic, so I imagine this is their "Oh god we spent all our money on the license, please buy this shovelware so we can actually make the games we want" attempt. 

• Confused 1

The Ghal Maraz coin and Grave Guard seems a definite that Saturday is the big '3.0' announcement with SBGL coming May right?

Guess we ain't getting a fifth BR book if they're aiming for 3.0 to launch in June and beginning the 'big hype' in May? 

Wonder if the Ghal Maraz might be a mad-lad move for GW to give us a Sigmar miniature? 

I mean, we have Nagash, Morathi and Teclis? Why not have He-Man himself?

The only other idea would be 'suprise TOW is coming in a month', which seems very unlikely all things considered. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

They're ex-Relic, so I imagine this is their "Oh god we spent all our money on the license, please buy this shovelware so we can actually make the games we want" attempt. 

I definitely thought it was going to be shovelware but it looks significantly better than that. It could just be good marketing but I'm cautiously optimistic that we finally have a good AOS strategy game.

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

Agreed, it's actually looking quite solid now, and there seems to be a greater amount of customization than I expected. It also seems to have quite a bit of singleplayer content which I appreciate a lot!

29 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

The Ghal Maraz coin and Grave Guard seems a definite that Saturday is the big '3.0' announcement with SBGL coming May right?

Guess we ain't getting a fifth BR book if they're aiming for 3.0 to launch in June and beginning the 'big hype' in May? 

Wonder if the Ghal Maraz might be a mad-lad move for GW to give us a Sigmar miniature? 

I mean, we have Nagash, Morathi and Teclis? Why not have He-Man himself?

The only other idea would be 'suprise TOW is coming in a month', which seems very unlikely all things considered. 

I feel like we'll get 2 more books - Kragnos, another one that I feel like will be Slaanesh and then 3.0 releasing - at the earliest - in late June. What am I basing this on? Nothing, other than that there are 10 factions that haven't gotten any rules in a BR book. Now, 2 of these (Legions of Nagash and Sons of Behemat) might not get their own rules, but that still leaves 8 factions that need rules in a books, along with CoS getting something new (source: the new witch hunters) and the new Kroak model. Plus, they can't keep hyping up Slaanesh  potentially breaking free and not do anything with it

17 minutes ago, Docthe3rd said:

I feel like we'll get 2 more books - Kragnos, another one that I feel like will be Slaanesh and then 3.0 releasing - at the earliest - in late June. What am I basing this on? Nothing, other than that there are 10 factions that haven't gotten any rules in a BR book. Now, 2 of these (Legions of Nagash and Sons of Behemat) might not get their own rules, but that still leaves 8 factions that need rules in a books, along with CoS getting something new (source: the new witch hunters) and the new Kroak model. Plus, they can't keep hyping up Slaanesh  potentially breaking free and not do anything with it

The twins, Kroak, and the Witch hunters (CoS) are all already confirmed for Kragnos.

My speculation has been that destruction won't show up at all (at least before 3.0), and that Kragnos will also include Sylvaneth, Skaven, and BoC (which makes 6 factions). They didn't confirm the new sylvaneth hero would be in Kragnos yet though.
From a narrative standpoint destruction is united (in cause and location) so it would be hard to just put a single faction into a book. If destruction shows up in Kragnos it means at least 7 factions (and that's lumping ironjawz and bonesplitterz together, and mawtribes) or 6 if sons of behemat don't show up at all. I think the book would be too narratively jumbled if we had all this kroak, kragnos, and slaanesh stuff going on at the same time as excelsis, but apparently sigvald and glutos were headed to excelsis too.

Edited by Ganigumo
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

The twins, Kroak, and the Witch hunters (CoS) are all already confirmed for Kragnos.

Ah, I missed that one - thanks for the heads-up. 

12 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

My speculation has been that destruction won't show up at all

I feel like that won't be the case, ONLY because when they first announced Broken Realms they announced that "every faction would get rules", which to me means they'll get something...

12 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

From a narrative standpoint destruction is united (in cause and location) so it would be hard to just put a single faction into a book.

That being said, as soon as I posted my response above I thought of this as well. We could get something like Defenders of Lethis from Forbidden Power, but for Destruction and that's how they get around "every factions gets rules" without having to, y'know, actually give every faction rules. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Docthe3rd said:

I feel like that won't be the case, ONLY because when they first announced Broken Realms they announced that "every faction would get rules", which to me means they'll get something...

I mean they have said that before but it doesn’t always pan out

wraith of ever chosen was all chaos but they didn’t have Skaven or BoC

PA haliquins and deathwatch where white dwarfed

its also suspicious that the previous three BR didn’t have at least one Destro army in it considering that the spread isn’t GA exclusive

14 minutes ago, Docthe3rd said:

That being said, as soon as I posted my response above I thought of this as well. We could get something like Defenders of Lethis from Forbidden Power, but for Destruction and that's how they get around "every factions gets rules" without having to, y'know, actually give every faction rules. 

They never said "all the factions gets rules". 

They said "Every major faction will be getting some attention"

• Like 3

I repeat: the new forum on mobile is just horrible. Much worse than the version before. The problem is that the sites are loading on page one and doesn’t display the first unread messages. 

really, the new forum is totally unacceptable and unusable. 
i can’t be the only one…..

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

From a narrative standpoint destruction is united (in cause and location) so it would be hard to just put a single faction into a book. If destruction shows up in Kragnos it means at least 7 factions (and that's lumping ironjawz and bonesplitterz together, and mawtribes) or 6 if sons of behemat don't show up at all. I think the book would be too narratively jumbled if we had all this kroak, kragnos, and slaanesh stuff going on at the same time as excelsis, but apparently sigvald and glutos were headed to excelsis too.

The Siege of Excelsis really should be something like “all against destruction”, lore wise at least.

Under the influence of Goddrak and, potentially, Kragnos, I guess, ah, we will see every destruction force involved.

The later BR fictions have empathized that  in Goddrak‘s great waaagh you can find every destruction faction, especially mega-Gargants as valuable personnels.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Docthe3rd said:

I think we'll get 2 more books because stopping at 4 is weird as hell, so you've got actual reasons at least. I think it does depend on what's in Kragnos though. Has there been confirmation if the BR events take place at the same time in different realms, or are they chronologically sequential?

Edited by CommissarRotke

27 minutes ago, rosa said:

I repeat: the new forum on mobile is just horrible. Much worse than the version before. The problem is that the sites are loading on page one and doesn’t display the first unread messages. 

I think the right place for any feedback is here: Feedback - The Grand Alliance Community (tga.community)

I think however, if you do, you may not want to make it sound like you paid a lot for something dead on arrival. This site is for free (contributers aside) and people are putting their free time and effort in it, and maybe even money. That is something we should respect in my opinion.

Just my 1.5 cents  

Edited by Lowki
  • Like 18

1 hour ago, Acrozatarim said:

Of course, if Kragnos turns out to be available for all Destruction factions, that'd nicely resolve the 'where's the Destruction factions' issue.

Destruction seems to like losing, so lets give them a new centaur character that's not associated with any of their existing factions, that doesn't come with an army, who's gonna bully their (2) existing characters! They'll love that!

Spoiler

They loved it begrudgingly because the model ended up being super cool and who doesn't like awesome centerpieces.

21 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

The Siege of Excelsis really should be something like “all against destruction”, lore wise at least.

Under the influence of Goddrak and, potentially, Kragnos, I guess, ah, we will see every destruction force involved.

The later BR fictions have empathized that  in Goddrak‘s great waaagh you can find every destruction faction, especially mega-Gargants as valuable personnels.

Yeah the narrative is portraying them as a combined force, While I'd like rules for each of them I can't say a "Bigger Waaagh!!!" allegiance wouldn't be awesome.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, rosa said:

I actually have that problem on the desktop skin and not the mobile version - what skin are you using?

29 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I think we'll get 2 more books because stopping at 4 is weird as hell, so you've got actual reasons at least. I think it does depend on what's in Kragnos though. Has there been confirmation if the BR events take place at the same time in different realms, or are they chronologically sequential?

At least some of it is sequential, as the Twins (Slaanesh Newborn) are born right at the end of Morathi, and their model is being released alongside Kragnos

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

I think it is possible to see some type of allied battalions to remember a new "mixed Destruction" where your general could be Gordrakk, Kragnos or Skragrott.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I think it is possible to see some type of allied battalions to remember a new "mixed Destruction" where your general could be Gordrakk, Kragnos or Skragrott.

I'd kill for a respectable mixed Destruction allegiance.

• Like 2